Texas Hunting Forum

Squirrel Hunting near DFW

Posted By: DocHorton

Squirrel Hunting near DFW - 11/05/11 02:56 PM

Does anyone know a close public place with squirrels to hunt?

Posted By: TurkeyHunter

Re: Squirrel Hunting near DFW - 11/05/11 03:17 PM

I have been curious about the same thing. Would like to take my daughter. I've heard people talk about LBJ and Caddo grasslands. Might want to wait until deer season slows down though.

Posted By: PD

Re: Squirrel Hunting near DFW - 11/07/11 07:31 AM

I took my boys to Gus Engeling WMA last month. There were squirrels. We got a few. It's about 35 minutes southeast of Corsicana.

Posted By: JWP58

Re: Squirrel Hunting near DFW - 11/07/11 12:59 PM

Might look around for a pecan orchard, they might be more than happy to have some tree rats taken out.

Posted By: bjankowski

Re: Squirrel Hunting near DFW - 11/07/11 03:01 PM

I wish I still had my place in the Rendon, I had 300 oak trees in 12 acres, I could get 50 every morning when I wanted. Most of the time I didn't have to go past my horse feeders, they would eat the oats or feed that fell on the ground.

You might posting a note at your local feed store, some horse people would sure like to get rid of some. I used to have to get them out of the watering trough some mornings, they were dead of course, but not too good for horses to be drinking that water.

Posted By: jrgocards

Re: Squirrel Hunting near DFW - 11/07/11 11:05 PM

Caddo Grasslands in Fannin County.

Posted By: PD

Re: Squirrel Hunting near DFW - 11/08/11 04:40 AM

I'm new to squirrel hunting and public hunting, and I haven't been to Caddo Grasslands. Any thoughts about squirrel hunting with my son at the Bois D'Arc unit during rifle season?

I don't want to spoil anyone's hunt (although I don't think deer hunters have priority over squirrel hunters), but more importantly, I want to be safe.

Posted By: DSST_Construction

Re: Squirrel Hunting near DFW - 11/08/11 07:24 AM

come around my house lol there everywhere

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum