Texas Hunting Forum

Hog processor in Gonzales?

Posted By: CliffYy1969

Hog processor in Gonzales? - 09/05/11 05:00 AM

Anyone have a good hog processor near Gonzales (west of Houston)? Have a place to hunt (I'm in AZ) that I will fly into Gonzales to go to but I'll need to get the meat processed on short order due to flying back in a couple of days after hunting. THANKS for any ideas

Posted By: texaspatriot.308

Re: Hog processor in Gonzales? - 09/05/11 06:50 AM

Bucholz in Gonzales, in nearby Shiner, Maekers, dont know if they want to mess with hogs right now, I know I dont want nothing to do with those flea, tick, parasite infested vermin, not to mention dont mess with them if you got an open cut on your hand, right now for me they are buzzard food, coyote bait.

Re: Hog processor in Gonzales? - 09/05/11 02:48 PM

Not going till later this year. Probably Nov. Dec. Thanks for the info.

Posted By: Hill Country Hunter

Re: Hog processor in Gonzales? - 09/05/11 02:52 PM

If the outfitter/guide/owner is Paul Candelaria, good luck, you'll need it!

I was told he had a place near Gonzales.

Posted By: taking5kidshunting

Re: Hog processor in Gonzales? - 09/05/11 06:39 PM

If you can drive about 45 minutes from Gonzalez proper, a great market I've used for about 15 years is Bar S Taxidermy and Deer Processing. They are between Stockdale and Floresville on Hwy 97 (about 10 or 11 miles east of Floresville). It's about 45 minutes from Gonzales to their place. They have turned around processing for me in a day or two many times.

Re: Hog processor in Gonzales? - 09/06/11 12:07 AM

No, no outfitter. I know the owner of the property, he's a stand up guy and has invited me to drop some pigs as he says he's over run with them. As I'm coming out of Houston, going WNW to process may not be a good move but thanks for the info anyway.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum