Texas Hunting Forum

dog wrecker from gramham 7-15-11 ( 300+lb boar)

Posted By: M Bennet

dog wrecker from gramham 7-15-11 ( 300+lb boar) - 07/17/11 11:23 PM

first off i will add more pics monday there on my camerea. we all met in graham all 16 of us . we get to the ranch off of hwy 209 get ready and head off we get 400 yrds from where we parked dogs come off rhino and achillees goes 538 yrds bays up and all other dogs go to him and help. we get with in 300 yrds walk in we are 26 yrds turn catch dogs loose as we just turned loose we hear a dog take a hit and then cd hit we were on him fast got this big oh boy flipped and tied hes 300+ then seen dogs were cutt bad so stuck the boar cutt the head off and hurry back to truck to fix dogs. daisey neck and butt was cutt bad, chick got her gutts cutt, achillees had to little holes in front of chest under left front leg. this cutt did not bleed bad when trace picked him up to put in the box it started bleeding we drove to bridgeport and when we got to colbys house we notice he curled up and past away. this hogs teeth were only 1" 1/4.

his first trouphy

Posted By: big-tex

Re: dog wrecker from gramham 7-15-11 ( 300+lb boar) - 07/17/11 11:50 PM

congrats

Posted By: Hill Country Hunter

Re: dog wrecker from gramham 7-15-11 ( 300+lb boar) - 07/18/11 12:54 AM

Sorry you lost your dog. Did the hog cut through the dog's vest?

Re: dog wrecker from gramham 7-15-11 ( 300+lb boar) - 07/18/11 01:22 AM

no vest on these dogs cause they are loose bay. i guess got caught up in the brush.or after catch dog caught he might have tried.

Posted By: redriverpigger

Re: dog wrecker from gramham 7-15-11 ( 300+lb boar) - 07/18/11 02:50 AM

Why would someone invest all the time and money on hog dogs and not have cut vests or collars? I'm not a hog dogger, but this does not make sense. Can someone fill me in?
I know a lot of folks that run dogs, and all of them put vests on their dogs.

Posted By: Fooshman

Re: dog wrecker from gramham 7-15-11 ( 300+lb boar) - 07/18/11 08:41 AM

That sucks. Not worth a dog to me.

Posted By: Big.Man

Re: dog wrecker from gramham 7-15-11 ( 300+lb boar) - 07/18/11 11:40 AM

Originally Posted By: Fooshman
That sucks. Not worth a dog to me.

x2

Posted By: Dragonuv

Re: dog wrecker from gramham 7-15-11 ( 300+lb boar) - 07/18/11 12:53 PM

I've never been a huge fan of running dogs for hogs; however, when I see a dog all wrapped up in vests and other protective apparel, it tells me that the owner cares enough to give them a better than average shot at survival.
I am glad you ended up getting the hog, but sending "unprotected" dogs out to fight a hog is cold-blooded in my eyes. With all things being equal, a big hog will always inflict damage in one way or another. This should prove to any doubters that even a short tusker can kill, not just cut.
I think I speak for everyone when I ask you to please buy those dogs some protective gear before the next hunt; one dog is already dead and few others mangled up...let's not lose more.
That doesn't count any PETA morons that may hear of this and give you a hard time for what they consider animal cruelty, you know how they are.

Posted By: Hill Country Hunter

Re: dog wrecker from gramham 7-15-11 ( 300+lb boar) - 07/18/11 01:30 PM

Sitting here drinking my coffee and reading the last posting. The thought occurred to question whether charges could be brought against the hunters on animal cruelty? PETA and HSUS would jump on this and push legislation and charges. That is all the hunting dog community would need. coffee

Posted By: coyotecrossing ranch

Re: dog wrecker from gramham 7-15-11 ( 300+lb boar) - 07/18/11 03:51 PM

PETA....People Eating Tasty Animals. lol

Posted By: Sooner N TX

Re: dog wrecker from gramham 7-15-11 ( 300+lb boar) - 07/18/11 05:28 PM

He said the dog that got killed was a bay dog, not the catch dog. That dog was not supposed to get near the hog, just find him.

Posted By: Dragonuv

Re: dog wrecker from gramham 7-15-11 ( 300+lb boar) - 07/18/11 08:28 PM

Originally Posted By: coyotecrossing ranch
PETA....People Eating Tasty Animals. lol
food

Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: dog wrecker from gramham 7-15-11 ( 300+lb boar) - 07/18/11 10:38 PM

Poor dogs probably had some vest's sitting in the truck

Re: dog wrecker from gramham 7-15-11 ( 300+lb boar) - 07/18/11 11:42 PM

one dog in 8 yrs to me is pretty good.there are more dogs in tx that starve to death .my dogs have a good life, i feed them before i feed my family. the DOGS WE WERE HUNTING WERE LOOSE BAY DOGS.they dont grab the hog,they stand back and bay. we think he got caught up in the brush.ask any body on this board thats hunted with me if i dont use cutt gear on my dogs. iv seen coonhounds drown by a little oh 8 lb coon and he had no cutt gear. for you people that dont no anything about dog hunting you should sit back and learn. the dog loved what he did.

all thiese dogs got cutt gear

Posted By: brandonsbird02

Re: dog wrecker from gramham 7-15-11 ( 300+lb boar) - 07/19/11 04:32 AM

I don't think it should matter if it's a catch or bay dog. I personally think if u r going to be hunting with one no matter what they should be protected. Crap happens as apparently it did.

Posted By: redchevy

Re: dog wrecker from gramham 7-15-11 ( 300+lb boar) - 07/19/11 02:00 PM

I think all you people who dont know jack about runnin dogs on hogs should take a midol and shut the heck up.

All this passin judgment is a bunch of BS. I dont run dogs on anything because I dont have the time or patience, but I can tell you one thing, all the people that I know that run dogs probably take better care of their dogs than you do your kids. Its a shame something happened to the dog wish him the best, get of your hi-horse and let it go!

rant over

matt

Posted By: 4K outdoors and taxidermy

Re: dog wrecker from gramham 7-15-11 ( 300+lb boar) - 07/19/11 02:29 PM

This time of year cut gear can kill the dog faster than any toothed animal out there. They already have a fur coat, then you add a couple of layers of ballistic nylon over that. See the "keeping your dogs cool" Thread over in the birdhunting section.

Re: dog wrecker from gramham 7-15-11 ( 300+lb boar) - 07/19/11 03:45 PM

Just my personal opinion and I don't give a crap what anyone on this forum thinks about it.
To me, 1 dog in 8 years aint worth it!!!
That's like having 4 people in a boat with no life vests cause you have only lost 1 in 8 years!
If it's to hot this time of year for dogs to wear cut vests, don't run them.
From the pic I saw, why is it to hot for a loose bay dog to wear a vest and not catch dogs? Can you not carry water to cool them down?

Re: dog wrecker from gramham 7-15-11 ( 300+lb boar) - 07/19/11 03:50 PM

People die in car accidents every day... guess we should quit driving.

Peopple die in hunting and fishing related accidents all the time, 1 is too many, too high a risk, better quit hunting and fishing.

Re: dog wrecker from gramham 7-15-11 ( 300+lb boar) - 07/19/11 03:50 PM

amigos dog is dead and kant do anything about it....like he said he died a brave dog amigio loving what he did...u mention midol summers eve is better jaja!!

Posted By: catchrcall

Re: dog wrecker from gramham 7-15-11 ( 300+lb boar) - 07/19/11 04:30 PM

I don't run a vest on my bay dogs either. Those dogs will put on a ton of miles in a night and I don't want them overheating or getting rubbed by a vest. A bay dogs bread and butter is how quick they can move, I don't want that interfered with either. My bay dogs get cut collars, catch dogs get vests.

Posted By: coyotecrossing ranch

Re: dog wrecker from gramham 7-15-11 ( 300+lb boar) - 07/19/11 06:18 PM

I been runnin dogs for years an 80% of my strike or baydogs ive had wouldnt wear any cut gear. Ive seen it been said on here bout most people takin better care of tier dogs than some people dobthier kids an thats true an the people who think its wrong an crap tryin to judge someone should mind thier own bussiness if they dnt know what they are talking about.

Posted By: phillip_o_w

Re: dog wrecker from gramham 7-15-11 ( 300+lb boar) - 07/19/11 06:43 PM

Sorry You're catchin so much negative response on this post M Bennet! Some people have obviously never ran dogs on hogs. I'de like to see some of them try to put a hot coat on that wieghs 10% of their body wieght and run 20 miles in the woods, through creeks, up creek banks thru briars....then bay a 250 lb boar hog and try to keep him shut down and stay outta tha way of those cutters! People need to hunt the way they hunt and let others hunt the way they hunt. I'm sure if you're like me an had a good dog for 8 years that loved every minute of his life bayin hogs...it almost jerked a tear to see him go but put a smile on you're face knowin he went doin what he would rather do than anythnig in the world!!! Keep catchin them bigguns!

And I'm sure somebody on here will find something to say about what I said too...but oh well

Posted By: Big A

Re: dog wrecker from gramham 7-15-11 ( 300+lb boar) - 07/19/11 06:50 PM

Bennet,

Sorry for you loss, This does not make it any easier but like you said he loved what he did. We can only hope to go that way.

Posted By: RanchoStarvo

Re: dog wrecker from gramham 7-15-11 ( 300+lb boar) - 07/19/11 07:53 PM

Yeah I'd rather just shoot it than use dogs, but that my opinion I just don't have the stomach to potentially put my dog's life at risk to catch a hog. I'm sure the hunt and kill are exhilarating, and I would have a hard time saying no to go on a hunt with someone elses dogs, but not mine.

On another note

It does sounds like this was an accident if it's true the baying dog got stuck in brush. I don't doubt that the dog loved what he was doing, they were bred to do it. Also OP, I don't think it helped that the original post didn't seem to show much compassion, but it's the internet, so its hard to convey it.

Re: dog wrecker from gramham 7-15-11 ( 300+lb boar) - 07/19/11 08:07 PM

look people i just love to hunt and have fun with my buddys. yes it sux that we lost a dog ,but thats why i raise more. dont judge a book by its cover , only until you read it then you can.lifes to short we all have to enjoy it will were here.i lost a good friend the other day. he was going home from work when a truck pulled out in front of him and he was riding a motorcycle.just think when he left work or got up that day dieing wasnt on his mind.RIP terry youngblood....
i think from this point on ill just post pics . why dont all you that are bitching about me and my dog, go hunt and post some pigs shot get out side enjoy the outdoors.got to go catch a hog tonight bye

Posted By: cmc

Re: dog wrecker from gramham 7-15-11 ( 300+lb boar) - 07/19/11 08:07 PM

Sorry a dog was lost it will happen eventually and everybody that hunts dogs knows that, but if you dont do it or have never tried why criticize? Dont knock till you try it.

Re: dog wrecker from gramham 7-15-11 ( 300+lb boar) - 07/19/11 08:09 PM

thanks cmc ,,,,, AMEN

Posted By: hunter3

Re: dog wrecker from gramham 7-15-11 ( 300+lb boar) - 07/19/11 09:42 PM

let me tell yall something I have hunted with Bennet many times and his dogs are VERY well taken care of. I don't even have it as good as his dogs. Monte goes where you cant with guns alot of times to do ranchers and people who might not be able to take care of the hog problem a favor. His dogs are very well trained and when in the feild his dogs as well as him self are focused on the task at hand. Monte I know this had to have been very hard to deal with but he died doing what he did best and loved doing.

Posted By: HuntnFly67

Re: dog wrecker from gramham 7-15-11 ( 300+lb boar) - 07/19/11 09:50 PM

No one gets out of life alive, even dogs.

Re: dog wrecker from gramham 7-15-11 ( 300+lb boar) - 07/19/11 10:16 PM

Bennett, I'm not knocking the way you hunt. All I was saying is that I don't understand it.
Your the professional and know what your doing.My relationship with dogs is bird dogs. I can't imagine 1 of my dogs getting killed.
Like someone else stated, If I had the chance to hunt behind someone elses dogs, it would be a hard offer to turn down. It's just that I could not do it with my dogs.
I have only had 1 or 2 at a time, and yes I may get a little to attached to them.
Don't stop the way you hunt and I hope you kill every pig in Young Co.
P.S. I am sorry about your loss.

Re: dog wrecker from gramham 7-15-11 ( 300+lb boar) - 07/20/11 12:07 AM

thanks to all of you, anytime any of you want to go behind dogs call me. starting friday im off work for 9 days and ill be in graham tx alot. ranchers out there are over run with hogs.

Posted By: billy gordon

Re: dog wrecker from gramham 7-15-11 ( 300+lb boar) - 07/20/11 02:05 AM

Originally Posted By: M Bennet
one dog in 8 yrs to me is pretty good.there are more dogs in tx that starve to death .my dogs have a good life, i feed them before i feed my family. the DOGS WE WERE HUNTING WERE LOOSE BAY DOGS.they dont grab the hog,they stand back and bay. we think he got caught up in the brush.ask any body on this board thats hunted with me if i dont use cutt gear on my dogs. iv seen coonhounds drown by a little oh 8 lb coon and he had no cutt gear. for you people that dont no anything about dog hunting you should sit back and learn. the dog loved what he did.

all thiese dogs got cutt gear
It is hard for them that dont run dogs to understand the sport.Vest on a bay dog restricts their movement also and can get in a bind.Vest arent kill proof just a protection.

Posted By: SwampHunterFw

Re: dog wrecker from gramham 7-15-11 ( 300+lb boar) - 07/20/11 03:15 AM

Originally Posted By: redriverpigger
Just my personal opinion and I don't give a crap what anyone on this forum thinks about it.
That's like having 4 people in a boat with no life vests cause you have only lost 1 in 8 years!
From the pic I saw, why is it to hot for a loose bay dog to wear a vest and not catch dogs? Can you not carry water to cool them down?

strike dogs "bay dogs " man run miles to hot to run vest on them they will be dead in no time , monty takes good care of his dogs , i work in animal control belive me life as a hog dog anit bad at all, they get to do what they love to do , some times stuff happens , an i know trace is sick about that dog dieing , an all you people saying it anit worth it to hunt a dog , yall have forgotten dogs were bred to work not sit in the house an not do nothing an be fat an lazy , thats why so many breeds of dogs have been ruined because they have not been put to use , i am willing to be all you people saying it is cruel yalls dogs are prolly over weight an couldnt even last 5 min out in the heat that to me is cruel to over feed , an i bet most of yall are just complain because yall anit gotta enough nuts to grab a hog , i see all these post bout needing a side arm an a bigger bullet for hogs , i go to the woods regularly more than most on here , except prolly monty , with nothing but a knife an some dogs an a hobbles or some string, thats hunting sitting an shooting hogs at a feeder or a pond anit hunting they anit got no fair chance they gotta drink an eat in these heat , i mean its like shooting fish in a barrel , so is that not cruel ? atleast when we hunt they gotta fair chance , i been chaseing a 400 pound hog for months but he out smart my dogs, guess what its good with me if i never catch him thats the fun of it , most gun hunters would just shot an kill him , but he didnt get that big being dumb so if he can keep one step ahead of my dogs forever fine , so next time yall start through the cruel an bullcrap out there , come hunt with us an see if its cruel the dogs love it they dont wanna do nothing eles , an people when its your time to go no matter if you are in a car , plane or sittin in a chair when the good lord calls your name , you gonna go its just your time as it was that dogs night to go as much as we dont like it thats how it is

Posted By: Demetrius H

Re: dog wrecker from gramham 7-15-11 ( 300+lb boar) - 07/20/11 04:48 AM

sorry to hear about your buddy and your dog Mr Bennet. I'll never understand why people have to criticize something they know nothing about. You are right, this life is too short not to be outdoors enjoying it. Enjoy the hunts. My dad is sick now and can't hunt any longer, but the memories we had together are priceless.

DH

Posted By: Lazy L

Re: dog wrecker from gramham 7-15-11 ( 300+lb boar) - 07/20/11 05:52 PM

Originally Posted By: catchrcall
I don't run a vest on my bay dogs either. Those dogs will put on a ton of miles in a night and I don't want them overheating or getting rubbed by a vest. A bay dogs bread and butter is how quick they can move, I don't want that interfered with either. My bay dogs get cut collars, catch dogs get vests.

I don't run dogs nor have I been on a hunt with dogs yet, as a person from the outside looking in this makes sense to me.

Posted By: thefish

Re: dog wrecker from gramham 7-15-11 ( 300+lb boar) - 07/20/11 08:56 PM

M Bennett, I dont care that you don't run gear on your loose bay dogs. I am sorry that you lost your dog.

HOWEVER!!!! FOR THE LOVE OF EVERYTHING HOLY........

Please take an English class. Your posts' lack of punctuation, and run on sentences give me a headache. Seriously. It's painful.

Posted By: Black Horse

Re: dog wrecker from gramham 7-15-11 ( 300+lb boar) - 07/20/11 09:06 PM

If you hunt w/dogs...you are going to hurt and lose one now and again. We grew up hunting rabbits/varmints w/greyhounds. They got into hogs, badgers, skunks and all. If you hunt w/dogs...you are going to hurt and lose one now and again. These are hunting dogs, doing what they do. They live to hunt and scrap. If you only use your pet to hunt with, better dang sure protect it if that is your deal. To those of us that use dogs for their utmost talent, we know the risks associated with this activity. So many know NOTHING of our sport except what they read, dream or conjure up. So, they can do it their way, but damn sure stay out of the way I/we do it.

Re: dog wrecker from gramham 7-15-11 ( 300+lb boar) - 07/20/11 09:08 PM

Originally Posted By: thefish
M Bennett, I dont care that you don't run gear on your loose bay dogs. I am sorry that you lost your dog.

Please take an English class. Your posts' lack of punctuation, and run on sentences give me a headache. Seriously. It's painful.

You missed an apostrophe in the first don't...

This is a hunting forum, not english class!

Posted By: SowHntr

Re: dog wrecker from gramham 7-15-11 ( 300+lb boar) - 07/20/11 09:16 PM

Originally Posted By: thefish

Not to mention, run-on. Not run on.

Posted By: phillip_o_w

Re: dog wrecker from gramham 7-15-11 ( 300+lb boar) - 07/20/11 09:46 PM

yeah an prolly should be a comma between seriously and it's with a lower case i. did i spell nething wrong?

Posted By: MIGUEL

Re: dog wrecker from gramham 7-15-11 ( 300+lb boar) - 07/21/11 01:14 AM

People getting on a message board to down a man who lost a working dog. How many of you perfect dog owners have ever lost a dog? Oh you are so perfect that your dog will live forever. None of yall have ever had a dog die from heartworm, parvo, heart failure, heat stroke. That's because you didn't do or provide what that dog needed, but behind a computer screen you want to thrash and cut Mr. Bennetts throat. Worry about real life [censored] how many of you perfect dog owners have children? Do you know all their teachers first and last names? Their criminal history, work history? How about your wife or husbands co-workers? Rapist, maybe a history of violence on fellow employees. Give the man a [censored] break pick on something that will make a difference for our sport at the least.

Re: dog wrecker from gramham 7-15-11 ( 300+lb boar) - 07/21/11 01:25 AM

popcorn

Re: dog wrecker from gramham 7-15-11 ( 300+lb boar) - 07/21/11 02:06 AM

for the red fish, i dont sit and type all day or sit behind a desk. so if you dont like my hunting stories dont read them.
maybe if i would have punctuation everything all these people might not be picking on me so bad. to all the people that think its cruel what i do im sorry.i take vets on free hunts and kids with me when i can. THANKS TO ALL THE HUNTERS ON HERE FOR STANDING BESIDE ME... god made dogs to hunt and give man the brain to train them to hunt the animal he chooses. so i think im just as close to god in the woods as my wife is sitting in church. gramma always said ,if you cant say anything nice ,dont say anything at all.bigman you got popcorn ,iv got the soft drinks

Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: dog wrecker from gramham 7-15-11 ( 300+lb boar) - 07/21/11 02:19 AM

taz

Posted By: 686ppp

Re: dog wrecker from gramham 7-15-11 ( 300+lb boar) - 07/21/11 02:28 AM

Sorry about the dog. Ive seen more than one bird dog hit by a passing car or die from a snakebite. You never know, just enjoy being around and watching them work/play.

Re: dog wrecker from gramham 7-15-11 ( 300+lb boar) - 07/21/11 02:38 AM

Originally Posted By: M Bennet
for the red fish, i dont sit and type all day or sit behind a desk. so if you dont like my hunting stories dont read them.
maybe if i would have punctuation everything all these people might not be picking on me so bad. to all the people that think its cruel what i do im sorry.i take vets on free hunts and kids with me when i can. THANKS TO ALL THE HUNTERS ON HERE FOR STANDING BESIDE ME... god made dogs to hunt and give man the brain to train them to hunt the animal he chooses. so i think im just as close to god in the woods as my wife is sitting in church. gramma always said ,if you cant say anything nice ,dont say anything at all.bigman you got popcorn ,iv got the soft drinks

sounds good amigo!!! this tread whent like my spanish tread of the subject...sorry for the loss..

Posted By: billy gordon

Re: dog wrecker from gramham 7-15-11 ( 300+lb boar) - 07/21/11 02:46 AM

M.Bennit,You ever get this way we can make a round.Tyler.

Re: dog wrecker from gramham 7-15-11 ( 300+lb boar) - 07/21/11 03:44 AM

billy g,i sure will if you got a place over there were we can go. im off all next week if you want to make a run . hallor at me.thanks for the invite.

im going to be in graham tx hunting alot this week if any body wants to make a run.

Posted By: Txkiller

Re: dog wrecker from gramham 7-15-11 ( 300+lb boar) - 07/21/11 03:51 AM

Take it easy guys the dog died, I know it sucks but thats how it goes sometimes when you use dogs. Lets not try to bash the guy!

Re: dog wrecker from gramham 7-15-11 ( 300+lb boar) - 07/22/11 12:51 AM

here is the hog that did the wrecking to us.

Posted By: Demetrius H

Re: dog wrecker from gramham 7-15-11 ( 300+lb boar) - 07/22/11 02:47 AM

Nice. Only good hog is a dead hog.

Posted By: cwhite25

Re: dog wrecker from gramham 7-15-11 ( 300+lb boar) - 07/22/11 03:15 AM

Bennett, I'm not knocking the way you hunt. All I was saying is that I don't understand it.
Your the professional and know what your doing.My relationship with dogs is bird dogs. I can't imagine 1 of my dogs getting killed.
Like someone else stated, If I had the chance to hunt behind someone elses dogs, it would be a hard offer to turn down. It's just that I could not do it with my dogs.
I have only had 1 or 2 at a time, and yes I may get a little to attached to them.

What if your hunting your bird dog and it gets killed by a snake? Or maybe gets heat stroke? He died doing what he loves is what you would say. How is it any different? Bred to hunt. When you deal with animals ,no matter if it is horses, cows or dogs, etc.... Things happen.

Re: dog wrecker from gramham 7-15-11 ( 300+lb boar) - 07/22/11 01:14 PM

Originally Posted By: cwhite25

What if your hunting your bird dog and it gets killed by a snake? Or maybe gets heat stroke? He died doing what he loves is what you would say. How is it any different? Bred to hunt. When you deal with animals ,no matter if it is horses, cows or dogs, etc.... Things happen.

Has not happened yet so I can't comment on it.

Re: dog wrecker from gramham 7-15-11 ( 300+lb boar) - 07/22/11 06:22 PM

Just like you dont hitch your travel trailer up to a prius you dont take an irish setter hog hunting. All dogs have different builds personalities and temperments that make them good at what they do. I wouldnt take my beagle hoggin either, but she would love some coon huntin probably!

Re: dog wrecker from gramham 7-15-11 ( 300+lb boar) - 07/22/11 06:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Big.Man
popcorn

Re: dog wrecker from gramham 7-15-11 ( 300+lb boar) - 07/22/11 08:39 PM

Originally Posted By: redchevy

Just like you dont hitch your travel trailer up to a prius you dont take an irish setter hog hunting. All dogs have different builds personalities and temperments that make them good at what they do. I wouldnt take my beagle hoggin either, but she would love some coon huntin probably!

haha a coon would eat a beagle up they bred for rabbits , alot of yall prolly dont know a coon can kill a dog quick if they get them in the water

Posted By: cmc

Re: dog wrecker from gramham 7-15-11 ( 300+lb boar) - 07/22/11 08:42 PM

Nice pig. I know several of those guys and if thats the landowner sitting on the hog I know the ranch also. Lot of pigs in that area.

Posted By: Old_School

Re: dog wrecker from gramham 7-15-11 ( 300+lb boar) - 07/22/11 08:53 PM

Where the Red Fern Grows

Sorry for your loss.

Re: dog wrecker from gramham 7-15-11 ( 300+lb boar) - 07/23/11 12:32 AM

Originally Posted By: Old_School
Where the Red Fern Grows

Sorry for your loss.

In that book they had redbone coon hounds

Here's my coon hounds a Bluetick an a black an tan

Posted By: bigsky

Re: dog wrecker from gramham 7-15-11 ( 300+lb boar) - 07/25/11 05:47 AM

vests have a much better chance of killing a bay dog due to heat exhaustion than one getting caught up and ripped by a hog. as stated earlier, the bay dog isnt supposed to be in tight with the hog in the first place.

Posted By: sbvx67

Re: dog wrecker from gramham 7-15-11 ( 300+lb boar) - 07/26/11 05:22 AM

Posted By: TEXAN1970

Re: dog wrecker from gramham 7-15-11 ( 300+lb boar) - 07/28/11 12:10 AM

Sorry bout your dog dude, And sorry your catching so much crap. Nice hog.

Posted By: Big Hat Outfitters

Re: dog wrecker from gramham 7-15-11 ( 300+lb boar) - 07/28/11 03:12 AM

To the Original Poster ( M Bennet), sorry about the loss man. Bottom lines to the rest, this is his hunt and his dog. [censored] happens and he has explained it and he really didn't need to.

everyone is entitled to their opinion but lets be real here. This was unfortunate accident that doesn't need a bunch of blame heaped on it.

Re: dog wrecker from gramham 7-15-11 ( 300+lb boar) - 07/28/11 03:27 AM

hey guys thanks to all,iv still been catching pigs and taking new guys out and showing them my way.and trainning pups and were having fun.hope all of you are doing the same.good luck hunting this week end.

Posted By: Tx Geese

Re: dog wrecker from gramham 7-15-11 ( 300+lb boar) - 07/28/11 06:31 PM

Originally Posted By: SwampHunterFw
Originally Posted By: Old_School
Where the Red Fern Grows

Sorry for your loss.

In that book they had redbone coon hounds

Here's my coon hounds a Bluetick an a black an tan

Good looking hounds. best hound i ever had was a bluetick/black and tan cross.

Re: dog wrecker from gramham 7-15-11 ( 300+lb boar) - 07/29/11 02:56 AM

thanks, they just started real good , the black n tan better treeing , the blue would rather run a track lol but they gettin it figure out an will get one treed

Posted By: HunterTed

Re: dog wrecker from gramham 7-15-11 ( 300+lb boar) - 07/29/11 03:08 AM

Sorry you lost your dog. One of the top things on my bucket list is huntin hogs behind dogs. Would love to go sometime.

Re: dog wrecker from gramham 7-15-11 ( 300+lb boar) - 07/29/11 03:35 PM

CALL ME AND YOU CAN GO ANY TIME. 940-210-0055

Posted By: Tx Geese

Re: dog wrecker from gramham 7-15-11 ( 300+lb boar) - 07/29/11 10:06 PM

Originally Posted By: SwampHunterFw
thanks, they just started real good , the black n tan better treeing , the blue would rather run a track lol but they gettin it figure out an will get one treed

is that black and tan silent on the track? and will that bluetick stay at the tree?? its hard to beat 2 dogs that work together well. are they male or female?

Posted By: 223camp

Re: dog wrecker from gramham 7-15-11 ( 300+lb boar) - 08/02/11 12:10 AM

Im not a dog runner, But my family has always used dogs for hunting. Let me tell you, those dogs got treated a whole lot better then me and my other two brothers did. They are part of the family. They love what they do. And I'm pretty sure that goes for all hunting dogs. They are part of your family. We have some dogs that wear protection and hunt just fine. And then we have some that wont hunt at all with gear on. Then you take it off and BAM, they are new dogs and kick butt. And I do know one thing, Bay dogs dont go in to the thick of the s**t. Something happened that wasnt supposed to happen.
Bennet,
Im truly sorry for your loss. I hope you'll be able to fill the void.

Re: dog wrecker from gramham 7-15-11 ( 300+lb boar) - 08/02/11 04:20 AM

they both wide open on track lol , they both can run an tree there own coon , the black dog will just stay treed , an the bluetick will get boerd if she trees to long by her self

Posted By: Hooper21

Re: dog wrecker from gramham 7-15-11 ( 300+lb boar) - 08/02/11 01:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Sooner N TX
He said the dog that got killed was a bay dog, not the catch dog. That dog was not supposed to get near the hog, just find him.

Stupid hogs obviously can't tell the difference between a strike dog and a catch dog.

Posted By: youthinthewild

Re: dog wrecker from gramham 7-15-11 ( 300+lb boar) - 08/02/11 03:14 PM

If you want to show some fatherless youth how to hunt with dogs i have some that want to learn.

Posted By: DRT1

Re: dog wrecker from gramham 7-15-11 ( 300+lb boar) - 08/02/11 06:37 PM

m. bennett, tough loss brother. some of these folks on here love to talk about what they know nothing about.. i raised dogs for cow work for a time and have always liked wrking dogs.. i recently got invited to go out and hunt w/ a couple of bay teams and 3 strike dogs and i had a great time, i went out about 10 times w/ these guys and well let's just say i am hooked.. good luck hunting.. you ever want someone to bring the cold drinks, or run the dumb end of the leash pm me.. ttyl

Re: dog wrecker from gramham 7-15-11 ( 300+lb boar) - 08/02/11 07:35 PM

Originally Posted By: youthinthewild
If you want to show some fatherless youth how to hunt with dogs i have some that want to learn.

I will take some hunting when it cools off a little bit or rains haha call me 817 994 7668

Re: dog wrecker from gramham 7-15-11 ( 300+lb boar) - 08/02/11 09:51 PM

cd9381 call me any wkend and you can come.940 210 0055

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum