Texas Hunting Forum

Most rewarding weekend ever

Posted By: Believer

Most rewarding weekend ever - 05/02/11 06:04 PM

I spent the week putting a BBQ together w/ a few friends for the Warriors in Transition/ Wounded Warriors BDE from Ft Hood last week....

We served 500 soldiers 9 hogs/ 180lbs of tater salad/ 120 burgers/ 80 hot dogs/ 25 gal of beans/ 50 gallons of sweet tea/ bushels of apples and oranges/ and 5 cases of pastries for dessert.....

The most rewarding part....... talking w/ our heroes

Many thanks to: Crosswater Outfitters / Legacy Outfitters / Hope for the Hugry volunteers.

Big Dave

Posted By: MamaJodie

Re: Most rewarding weekend ever - 05/02/11 06:34 PM

God Bless You!!! These men & women need to be reminded every single day they are loved and appreciated.
My daughter is in the Air Force and son is in the Marines. I miss them more than my heart can stand some days...but, they love what they do and I support them 100%.
Thank You...Big Dave!!!
God Bless America

Re: Most rewarding weekend ever - 05/02/11 07:06 PM

The most interesting comments from the soldiers was "we were once someone, now were noone" They used to be in charge of troops and millions of dollars of equipment; now they pretty much only go to medical appointments and formations.

These men and women need a healing more from the inside out than the outside in.

We are working on a plan to go after that.

Dave

Posted By: MamaJodie

Re: Most rewarding weekend ever - 05/02/11 09:17 PM

My son is getting ready to go to Afghanistan. He said they had a meeting ... I'm sure standard.
Telling them about the statistics of suicide when they come back. I could hear the concern in his voice. Heartbreaking on my end...but, as a mother, I have to be positive and reasure him. He's just a baby at the age of 20...with so much responsibility on his strong wide shoulders.
People get so caught up in their own busy lives...they forget about the selfless warriors out there that give them their busy lives to be caught up in.
FREEEDOM IS NOT FREE!!

Re: Most rewarding weekend ever - 05/03/11 12:39 PM

I get a kick out of working w/ the soldiers and Marines; do it everyday.

Hogs for a Cause is just a little way of giving back to those that give so much. We take em on guided hunts/ or fishing events/community action projects/ and of course the BBQs themselves.....

Some gave much, some gave all. Is time we gave back what we have to say thank you.

Dave

Posted By: passthru

Re: Most rewarding weekend ever - 05/03/11 05:43 PM

up

Posted By: DIME BOX DEER CAMP

Re: Most rewarding weekend ever - 05/03/11 06:13 PM

flag US ARMY RETIRED

Posted By: SemperFiHunter

Re: Most rewarding weekend ever - 05/05/11 03:30 AM

Originally Posted By: MamaJodie
My son is getting ready to go to Afghanistan. He said they had a meeting ... I'm sure standard.
Telling them about the statistics of suicide when they come back. I could hear the concern in his voice. Heartbreaking on my end...but, as a mother, I have to be positive and reasure him. He's just a baby at the age of 20...with so much responsibility on his strong wide shoulders.
People get so caught up in their own busy lives...they forget about the selfless warriors out there that give them their busy lives to be caught up in.
FREEEDOM IS NOT FREE!!

Hey Mama Jodie, you can rest assured your young warrior will be in good hands, wherever the Marine Corps sends him. I know. The Marine Corps sent me lots of places. The Marine Corps takes care of it's own. That never changes. Good luck to you and your young Marine!

Semper Fi!

Posted By: DMGS

Re: Most rewarding weekend ever - 05/05/11 03:42 AM

It's a great thing that yall are doing for the heroes of this great country in their time of need. Keep up the good work!

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum