Texas Hunting Forum

Restless pointers

Posted By: 68rustbucket

Restless pointers - 11/05/21 02:11 PM

Hauled my rv to camp on Tuesday. Spent Wednesday afternoon in the rain getting mule, dog boxes, and trailer out to start loading the rest of my camp and dog gear Thursday morning. Was hoping to leave by the afternoon, and start hunting this morning.
Instead, the roofers I’ve been waiting on since April showed up unannounced at 8 yesterday morning. With only a 3 man crew, I doubt they’ll be done until Tuesday. bang
The pointers are really restless, since they haven’t been run since September. They know it’s time to hunt, and with the colder temps they are harassing each other constantly. Keeping them confined to the smaller part of the yard, which got an 1.5” Wednesday, adds to the circus.
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Restless pointers - 11/05/21 04:08 PM

Life throws some curves sometimes.

My dogs know when we're going too. I try to conceal it from them.
Posted By: Smokey Bear

Re: Restless pointers - 11/05/21 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by reeltexan

Life throws some curves sometimes.

My dogs know when we're going too. I try to conceal it from them.

Once mine sees me put a shotgun in the truck it’s on. I believe I would have to trust the roofers to do their job and run the dogs. At least in the mornings.

Re: Restless pointers - 11/05/21 06:39 PM

So much for trusting the roofers. Shingles showed up, they were not what I requested, additional 6 week wait. That’s why I waited around. Still have to have some decking replaced, I’m not leaving til they are done. There’s lots of quail season left.
Posted By: gettinbirdie

Re: Restless pointers - 11/12/21 06:25 PM

hang in there! ....Find out when they are taking a day off smile ani
I hope you get it figured out and get after them birds soon!
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Restless pointers - 11/12/21 06:55 PM

Let the roofers do it without you. That is the business that they are in.

Re: Restless pointers - 11/16/21 11:29 PM

Made a quick day trip yesterday to haul the Mule and some other camp goodies. It was 90° when I hit the gate at 1 pm, 91° when I left at 4 pm. Will probably haul the dogs down on Sunday afternoon, hunt next Monday & Tuesday.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Restless pointers - 11/17/21 01:33 AM

See? confused2
Posted By: Catch Dog

Re: Restless pointers - 11/18/21 03:56 PM

If you would have called me, im sure they would not have been so restless!!! lol
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Restless pointers - 12/09/21 05:24 PM

just another pic........

[Linked Image]
Posted By: bobcat1

Re: Restless pointers - 12/10/21 04:22 AM

Petty pic RT!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum