Texas Hunting Forum

North Dakota

Posted By: Old Hickory

North Dakota - 10/30/21 03:45 PM

Just got back from a trip to North Dakota. I was concerned before leaving with all the effects of the drought situation up there. I would have to say the bird numbers have remained pretty steady on pheasant with a lot of late hatch birds seen. Some were so young and still in broods with no color and this was seen in multiple areas across the state. The sharptail numbers were up in my opinion in the areas I hunted as well. Overall had a great trip with lots of good dog work. Thought I would share a few pics and give a first hand report to not let the drought scare you off, if anyone is on the fence about going. [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: North Dakota - 10/30/21 05:06 PM

Pure greatness. cheers
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: North Dakota - 10/31/21 12:58 AM

Thanks for posting!
How many dogs did you take, how many shooters?

Re: North Dakota - 10/31/21 02:05 AM

2 guys, 6 dogs, hunted for 7 days.
Posted By: Txblklab

Re: North Dakota - 10/31/21 02:36 AM

upThat sure looks like fun. I will hopefully be in Nebraska in two weeks. It will be my first time in Nebraska.
Posted By: scalebuster

Re: North Dakota - 10/31/21 02:53 AM

Great looking dogs! Thanks for the report.
Posted By: redhaze

Re: North Dakota - 10/31/21 09:40 AM

Outstanding!
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: North Dakota - 10/31/21 01:24 PM

Pure greatness. Any Huns?
Posted By: ElkOne

Re: North Dakota - 10/31/21 11:32 PM

Thanks for the report and pictures, beautiful ! up
Posted By: Smokey Bear

Re: North Dakota - 11/01/21 12:04 AM

Great pics. My long time hunting buddy, ,me and our two dogs just got back from freelancing on the prairie. All I have is a bunch tailgate pics.

Re: North Dakota - 11/01/21 03:14 AM

Came across 2 different coveys of Huns this year. Didn’t get a shot at either one, both flushed way out ahead of the dogs. Last year we had some good dog work on the Huns and found several coveys. Here are a few pics from last year we had 3 guns hunting and found 6 different coveys of Huns and several coveys of sharptails.[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: scalebuster

Re: North Dakota - 11/01/21 03:24 AM

Nice!
Posted By: gettinbirdie

Re: North Dakota - 11/01/21 03:59 AM

Originally Posted by bill oxner
Pure greatness. Any Huns?

The hun numbers were definitely up this year. As op said sharpies and pheasant were same as last year, the difference is this year they had nowhere to hide! The drought is so bad this year- the farmers were bailing cattails! I’m afraid next year is going to be way down. I can’t get enough of ND- wish it wasn’t so far.
Great pics Hickory!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum