Texas Hunting Forum

quail eggs

Posted By: stinkbelly

quail eggs - 07/28/21 09:20 PM

I have a Johnny house with a dozen quail in it. They have been laying eggs lately. No one is sitting on the eggs. Will they hatch if no one sits on them?
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: quail eggs - 07/28/21 10:03 PM

Not likely.
Posted By: Mundo

Re: quail eggs - 07/28/21 11:13 PM

no, you need a sitting hen or an incubator. incubation time is about 28 days. I think temp is 99-- you can easily check on the internet--bobs are the same settings as chickens. incubating eggs need to be turned twice a day.It is unlikely a hen will get broody without privacy. A chicken hen will brood quail eggs if she is already sitting.
Posted By: angus1956

Re: quail eggs - 07/29/21 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by stinkbelly
I have a Johnny house with a dozen quail in it. They have been laying eggs lately. No one is sitting on the eggs. Will they hatch if no one sits on them?

Call me I'll line you out. You need an incubator to make it happen.
214 406 2176
Posted By: Michael Wilson

Re: quail eggs - 08/07/21 04:41 PM

I like to use a bantam hen to set quail eggs. But I keep them penned up a week or two to make sure they all listen to moma.
Posted By: John2

Re: quail eggs - 08/08/21 07:59 PM

How many male quail do you have in there with those hens ?,no males they arnt fertile.
Posted By: stinkbelly

Re: quail eggs - 08/09/21 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by John2

How many male quail do you have in there with those hens ?,no males they arnt fertile.

6-8males
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum