Texas Hunting Forum

Prairie's End Hunt Club

Posted By: Gray_Ghost9

Prairie's End Hunt Club - 11/25/20 12:35 PM

Since wild quail have been so hard to find, 4 years ago I began hunting with Prairie's End Hunt Club.
My son in law, 12 year old grandson and myself went out hunting with them this past Monday and wow!! The quail they are using now are very much like wild birds.
Fast hard to hit just a lot of fun, the dogs do great work in finding them but, that does not mean your going to hit them. There were several times we would all shoot and come up empty,
We had several covey rises of 3 to 8 birds, reminded me of the late 80s hunting out in west TX.
After shooting at the birds and letting them settle down they would began calling trying to group back up, never heard pen birds do that.
Anyway, have my Thanksgiving meal planned, quail poppers, roast pheasant and ham for the meats.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving, and may God keep you and your families all safe
Posted By: bobcat1

Re: Prairie's End Hunt Club - 11/25/20 01:42 PM

Love that place!
Posted By: Tex68w

Re: Prairie's End Hunt Club - 11/25/20 02:31 PM

I used to hunt there quite often back when I lived in Plano. It's a solid spot and they used to make some mean chili that they would serve you along with a beer after the hunt. I need to make a point of getting back up there this season. Glad to hear that it's still the quality place I remember it being. Enjoy the wild eats!
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Prairie's End Hunt Club - 11/28/20 12:08 AM

I went last season and loved it too
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Prairie's End Hunt Club - 11/28/20 02:05 AM

Beats the snot out of staying home.
Posted By: kindall

Re: Prairie's End Hunt Club - 11/28/20 06:31 PM

Went there around 10 years ago. They had just built a small cabin, that you could rent overnight. It was the perfect place to introduce my daughter to hunting birds over dogs. I heard the cabin burned down the next year.
Posted By: Tex68w

Re: Prairie's End Hunt Club - 11/28/20 07:12 PM

Their prices are some of the best in the state and it includes lunch and drinks.
Posted By: booskay

Re: Prairie's End Hunt Club - 11/28/20 10:21 PM

WOW ---I"ll try it.
Posted By: bobcat1

Re: Prairie's End Hunt Club - 11/29/20 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by booskay
WOW ---I"ll try it.

Tell Joe I said hi and ask for Tip Davis for your guide. You will enjoy it.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum