Texas Hunting Forum

My favorite of all time (other than my cocker I have now.)

Posted By: bobcat1

My favorite of all time (other than my cocker I have now.) - 06/09/20 03:18 AM

Rock N Roller aka Mikey. He was a huge running dog that would have a trial won until the last few minutes. Several Championships in hand only to bust a bird or get on an Armadillo...(his weakness). As a fancy running as he was pointing. He seemed to float above the ground running with a high head and high cracking tail. I called him a Muddy mouthed dog because of his head coloring. Sonofagun could flat fly and would have your attention doing so. Produced several Champions and winners. Last count was over 400 winners and 3 Champions with multiple championships.

I cried when he died.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: rioman42

Re: My favorite of all time (other than my cocker I have now.) - 06/09/20 04:37 PM

very nice dog!!!!
Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: My favorite of all time (other than my cocker I have now.) - 06/09/20 04:42 PM

Good looking hound
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: My favorite of all time (other than my cocker I have now.) - 06/09/20 04:53 PM

really pretty
Posted By: Smokey Bear

Re: My favorite of all time (other than my cocker I have now.) - 06/09/20 04:56 PM

He was a beauty bobcat and it sounds like he showed you some good times....
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: My favorite of all time (other than my cocker I have now.) - 06/09/20 05:37 PM

Condolences.
Posted By: Chet

Re: My favorite of all time (other than my cocker I have now.) - 06/09/20 06:40 PM

Great looking animal with a legacy to boot. Congrats. For you old-timers look up Mount Nebo's Lefty.

Re: My favorite of all time (other than my cocker I have now.) - 06/10/20 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by Chet
Great looking animal with a legacy to boot. Congrats. For you old-timers look up Mount Nebo's Lefty.
That Lefty dog was pretty hot for a while.
Also 2007 United States Shooting Dog Invitational Championship Serious Threat and CH Lock and Load.

Re: My favorite of all time (other than my cocker I have now.) - 06/10/20 02:01 AM

Didn't Mikey's blood thru Lefty produced a female that ran at Ames? I can't think of her name.. Any way Mikey sure enough threw some good ones.
Posted By: Drahthaar

Re: My favorite of all time (other than my cocker I have now.) - 06/10/20 02:40 AM

Beautiful, I know the feeling when you lose a good one. Forrest

Re: My favorite of all time (other than my cocker I have now.) - 06/10/20 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Chet
Didn't Mikey's blood thru Lefty produced a female that ran at Ames? I can't think of her name.. Any way Mikey sure enough threw some good ones.
I think so but I can't remember her name either. He was a bad luck dog. I went to Ardmore and road in the Gallery and watched him run a great race and have 4 perfect finds only to get on an armadillo at 59 minutes and try to kill it. Gordon was so upset but all he could do was laugh about it and shake his head. Mikey had no idea he was doing wrong. LOL He was as happy as could be. I am giggling now thinking of that moment.
Posted By: scalebuster

Re: My favorite of all time (other than my cocker I have now.) - 06/10/20 01:44 PM

Pretty dog!
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: My favorite of all time (other than my cocker I have now.) - 06/10/20 03:39 PM

Great looking bird dog.
Posted By: rioman42

Re: My favorite of all time (other than my cocker I have now.) - 06/10/20 04:37 PM

is this dog fiddler bred?

[Linked Image]
[/quote]

Re: My favorite of all time (other than my cocker I have now.) - 06/10/20 04:43 PM

His Pedigree:

[Linked Image]

Re: My favorite of all time (other than my cocker I have now.) - 06/10/20 05:08 PM

Tasty...... (one more generation Red Water Rex my all time fav simply because he won big trials while yipping at the birds as they left).

Re: My favorite of all time (other than my cocker I have now.) - 06/10/20 06:09 PM

Missi River Lynn is out of a Daughter of Guard Rail also. I did not know that about Red Water Rex.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: My favorite of all time (other than my cocker I have now.) - 06/15/20 02:13 AM

Originally Posted by Thekitch
really pretty
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: My favorite of all time (other than my cocker I have now.) - 06/18/20 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by bobcat1
Rock N Roller aka Mikey. He was a huge running dog that would have a trial won until the last few minutes. Several Championships in hand only to bust a bird or get on an Armadillo...(his weakness). As a fancy running as he was pointing. He seemed to float above the ground running with a high head and high cracking tail. I called him a Muddy mouthed dog because of his head coloring. Sonofagun could flat fly and would have your attention doing so. Produced several Champions and winners. Last count was over 400 winners and 3 Champions with multiple championships.

I cried when he died.

[Linked Image]

does not get any better than this, I would have to.
Posted By: twdjr

Re: My favorite of all time (other than my cocker I have now.) - 06/29/20 01:37 PM

Great looking dog!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum