Texas Hunting Forum

Good Rain Finally

Posted By: quailg

Good Rain Finally - 03/04/20 08:32 PM

Looks like Rolling Plains is off to a good 2020 start. We are getting great spring rains today in Runnels Co, which is very much needed. Lets just hope and pray that it continues throughout the year.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Good Rain Finally - 03/04/20 09:42 PM

Bring it. cheers
Posted By: TKandMike

Re: Good Rain Finally - 03/04/20 09:57 PM

https://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/CurrentMap/StateDroughtMonitor.aspx?TX

It's definitely been worse
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Good Rain Finally - 03/04/20 10:25 PM

This year's early rains are indeed unusual.
Good for man and beast.
Posted By: arandy

Re: Good Rain Finally - 03/05/20 01:27 AM

The last time I went to my lease this year I had to sit in camp for two days because it was raining. First time that has ever happened to me in February in that country and I was glad to be rained out. Something needs to change and maybe this will be it.
Posted By: mickeyhft

Re: Good Rain Finally - 03/05/20 01:18 PM

Fingers crossed that these early rains will continue through until next season. Last year they looked good until July and then nothing and there went the birds we thought we were going to have.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Good Rain Finally - 03/06/20 06:28 PM

I was out on the Pitchfork 2 weeks ago in eastern Dickens county and it was as green as spring. Wildflowers are going to be crazy........cheers

Re: Good Rain Finally - 03/06/20 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by Pitchfork Predator
I was out on the Pitchfork 2 weeks ago in eastern Dickens county and it was as green as spring. Wildflowers are going to be crazy........cheers

Well that will make an amazingly awe inspiring place just all the more beautiful!
Posted By: Lotto

Re: Good Rain Finally - 03/07/20 04:49 AM

Looking forward to the wildflowers this year in Dickens and King Counties

Posted By: MikeU

Re: Good Rain Finally - 03/15/20 02:08 AM

Thank god for all the rain.

Re: Good Rain Finally - 03/16/20 12:47 PM

Those good rains just keep coming lately! I just hope it stays consistent this year. Last it was good up until July and then really dried up. It was looking like we were going to have some quail but by the season they were gone. Again. Ughh. Quail hunters, frustrated optimists.
Posted By: Flashprism

Re: Good Rain Finally - 03/19/20 10:00 PM

AAAAAMMMMMAAAAAAZZZZZZIIIIIIINNNNNNGGGGGG

I use field view and it's indicating I received 7.1 inches since January that's 3 times the 10 year average!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: scalebuster

Re: Good Rain Finally - 03/19/20 11:35 PM

[Linked Image]

We’ve been blessed with plenty of rain in Young county. The pic is of the road today south of my house. The tanks are full. Plenty of water west of us too. I’ve started stocking a buddy’s tank in Fisher county that’s been dry for 20 years. It’s 16 acres when full and is 1/4 the way there. Hope it keeps coming.
Posted By: easton1025

Re: Good Rain Finally - 03/20/20 03:53 PM

Hebbronville and Encino areas had a really good season but are in a bad drought right now....still mostly brown when it should be green.....
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Good Rain Finally - 03/20/20 06:01 PM

Just got over an inch.
Posted By: TX TCAT

Re: Good Rain Finally - 03/20/20 07:34 PM

China shuts down for 2 months, and mother nature is pleased.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum