Texas Hunting Forum

After deer season quail

Posted By: bill oxner

After deer season quail - 01/02/20 06:33 PM

It was some of the best quail hunting for me. Anyone of you getting new pastures to hunt?
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: After deer season quail - 01/03/20 02:33 PM

Been offered some opportunities but with bird populations the way they are in those areas, I must pass.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: After deer season quail - 01/03/20 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by reeltexan

Been offered some opportunities but with bird populations the way they are in those areas, I must pass.

Like minds. The hen you shot in January could be a clutch or even two during mating season.
Posted By: scalebuster

Re: After deer season quail - 01/03/20 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by bill oxner

Like minds. The hen you shot in January could be a clutch or even two during mating season.

Or she could be a pile of coyote sht.
Posted By: MI2TX

Re: After deer season quail - 01/06/20 04:10 AM

Would love to find a lease in Post/Gail area for after deer season. Looks like some awesome country that could be great in a boom year.

Anybody have an idea what lease prices are like out there?
Posted By: rowdydog1

Re: After deer season quail - 01/06/20 05:05 PM

We have some pastures opening up. One of our guys is hitting them as I type. I hunted Friday and Saturday at a lease near Matador and found 3 coveys in total. Tough to get motivated to go.
Posted By: Chet

Re: After deer season quail - 01/06/20 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by bill oxner

This
Posted By: rowdydog1

Re: After deer season quail - 01/06/20 08:26 PM

We don't shoot birds on one of my leases unless you have a puppy that you're trying to get some experience. of course, everyone has a different opinion as to whether that helps or not. I certainly can't hurt.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum