Texas Hunting Forum

Snake avoidance clinics coming up?

Posted By: danceswithquail

Snake avoidance clinics coming up? - 08/14/19 01:31 AM

I know there have been several in the DFW area over the past three weeks, but just got a trip to Wyoming to hunt Huns and Sage Grouse in late Sept, and the outfitter is highly recommending a refresher. I was thinking there was one this Saturday that was south of Dallas, but cant find it on Facebook etc. Anyone know of one around DFW over the next two or three weeks?
Posted By: RayB

Re: Snake avoidance clinics coming up? - 08/14/19 01:59 AM

Alamo Retrievers is doing one Saturday the 24th if you get desperate. At the San Antonio Gun Club
Central TX QF is doing one the 17 in Adamsville
Posted By: DrifterAT

Re: Snake avoidance clinics coming up? - 08/14/19 02:24 AM

Best Retrievers

Saturday, August 31 8am - noon. Paige Texas
Posted By: Flashprism

Re: Snake avoidance clinics coming up? - 08/14/19 02:29 PM

If you need Kay Winters will do an individual @60.00 per snake Rattler, Copper head she is in Austin

<nkwtx88@gmail.com>
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Snake avoidance clinics coming up? - 08/21/19 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Flashprism
If you need Kay Winters will do an individual @60.00 per snake Rattler, Copper head she is in Austin

<nkwtx88@gmail.com>

That's who we use. She has a water moccasin, too. $60/snake and a free tune-up after six months. We took our black lab for the tune up and she could wind the snakes before we ever got to them and wanted nothing to do with them. Kay said, "I think she got it the first time" roflmao
Posted By: blanked

Re: Snake avoidance clinics coming up? - 08/22/19 12:34 AM

Glad to see your going to Wyoming. Will you be with the guide the whole time or branch off on your own
Posted By: blanked

Re: Snake avoidance clinics coming up? - 08/22/19 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by fouzman
Originally Posted by Flashprism

<nkwtx88@gmail.com>

That's who we use. She has a water moccasin, too. $60/snake and a free tune-up after six months. We took our black lab for the tune up and she could wind the snakes before we ever got to them and wanted nothing to do with them. Kay said, "I think she got it the first time" roflmao

Do you meet half way or drive to Austin
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Snake avoidance clinics coming up? - 08/22/19 12:08 PM

We met in Bee Caves.

Re: Snake avoidance clinics coming up? - 08/26/19 12:24 AM

I found someone in the DFW area that will do individual deals if you come to him. Probably will go down one evening, in the next two weeks, but coordinating now with a couple of hunting buddies that both have dogs training up north. PM me if interested and I will try and coordinate you in if possible

Blanked - doing a guide the whole time this go round to figure it out, mainly because we need some extra dog power.

Re: Snake avoidance clinics coming up? - 08/27/19 01:33 PM

If anyone is interested, the mini snake clinic is this Monda, Sept 2nd late afternoon The Trainer can take four more dogs and work them in PM me if interested
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum