Texas Hunting Forum

Looking for an ESFs

Posted By: Chet

Looking for an ESFs - 03/21/19 12:22 AM

I have a 15 month old setter male, a direct son of Nat CH Johnny Crockett out of a real nice daughter of 2X Nat CH Shadow Oak Bo. He was born on Dec 27th 2017. Because he had about the worst whelp date you could have we counted out a derby season which would let us see him mature some with no pressure. I hope to offer him at stud later when he's broke and had a chance to trial. But that could be another year or more away and I want to see some pups so we can find out what kind of dog he throws. So if you have a female that is reasonably well bred has been hunted (not trying to be picky just hoping for success) and willing to take a chance on an unproven stud with some special blood please PM me.

Just looking for one or two females. I want no fee, only pick of the litter. The rest of the litter is yours.

Hank (Crockett's Echo)
[Linked Image]
Posted By: arandy

Re: Looking for an ESFs - 03/21/19 10:13 AM

Did you get to put him in any wild birds last season?

Re: Looking for an ESFs - 03/21/19 02:34 PM

Not at my lease(real short on birds) but he spent last summer in North Dakota and was worked on wild birds there.
Posted By: NorthTXbirdhunter

Re: Looking for an ESFs - 03/23/19 03:22 AM

Chet,
We need to talk. I have a crackerjack, big running, Crockett female. I will PM you.
Posted By: Michael Wilson

Re: Looking for an ESFs - 03/23/19 02:19 PM

Wish my female was older. Great Grand Daughter of Tomoka. She is 9 months old.

Re: Looking for an ESFs - 03/23/19 10:15 PM

Sounds good

Re: Looking for an ESFs - 04/19/19 10:55 PM

He's really starting to get this bird dog deal. I have a video of his start at standing for the shot but can't seem to figure out how to load it.. But Hank is coming along fine and this summer north could put on the finishing touches.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: bobcat1

Re: Looking for an ESFs - 04/20/19 03:39 AM

Awesome!
Posted By: redhaze

Re: Looking for an ESFs - 04/20/19 01:47 PM

Very nice.
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Looking for an ESFs - 04/20/19 09:51 PM

the setter is a clone for the grouse ridge dog I had fifty years ago
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Looking for an ESFs - 04/21/19 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by fray
Very nice.
Posted By: Horndog

Re: Looking for an ESFs - 04/24/19 09:34 PM

Chet,
I have two nice young females out of Bo and Tomoka female. One is three and has been on lots of birds in South Texas. The other was a pup this year and I ran her without training. Just got her back from Trainer. My plans were to breed them to Crockett male. When the older one comes in I'll let you know.

Re: Looking for an ESFs - 04/24/19 10:02 PM

Thanks for the interest. Sound like real nice females.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum