Texas Hunting Forum

After Deer Season Quail Lease Pricing

Posted By: TXPanhandler

After Deer Season Quail Lease Pricing - 09/16/18 06:21 PM

Curious as to what you guys or guys you know have paid or are willing to pay for the two months of season after deer season. I had an offer come along that seems too good to pass up and got to thinking about what other folks have paid for something similar. Price/acre?

Thanks
Posted By: danceswithquail

Re: After Deer Season Quail Lease Pricing - 09/17/18 11:25 AM

Last time I did an after deer was five years ago, it was $2 an acre (about 3 hours west of Dallas). You get down around Colorado City / Big Lake and you might could get something for $1.50 an acre.
Posted By: danceswithquail

Re: After Deer Season Quail Lease Pricing - 09/17/18 11:26 AM

Be sure and get specifics of when you can actually start hunting. I checked on one and it was an MLDP and was like third week in Jan before you could run dogs
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: After Deer Season Quail Lease Pricing - 09/17/18 06:34 PM

Originally Posted By: danceswithquail
Be sure and get specifics of when you can actually start hunting. I checked on one and it was an MLDP and was like third week in Jan before you could run dogs

Well articulated.
Posted By: nate33

Re: After Deer Season Quail Lease Pricing - 09/17/18 06:46 PM

It's a crap-shoot -------- how many birds in Oct and Nov have nothing to do with how many birds in Jan. and Feb. 100 unknown factors, (one ex.) including some deer hunters covy shooting the birds that are eating all of their corn before the deer can get it.
Posted By: blanked

Re: After Deer Season Quail Lease Pricing - 09/17/18 07:21 PM

Was there ever a time when quail hunters had priority over deer hunters thru out texas
Posted By: BenBob

Re: After Deer Season Quail Lease Pricing - 09/17/18 07:29 PM

Originally Posted By: blanked
Was there ever a time when quail hunters had priority over deer hunters thru out texas

I think this year the quail hunters got priority over the deer hunters in Texas. Prime example would be the fact that the deer season, which was possibly going to see an extension of 2 weeks into the middle of January did not happen. IMO it would have improved the deer season by giving deer hunters the chance to hunt deeper into the winter and given deer hunters a chance to hunt during colder more productive weather conducive to deer hunting.
Posted By: RayB

Re: After Deer Season Quail Lease Pricing - 09/17/18 07:38 PM

The last after deer season lease I had was in Coke Co. Deer hunters gave us the ranch after Jan 1. Let us know where they were deer hunting and we didn't go there till after 9 am and was out by 3. $2K Good group of guys, we were not asked back due to our group leader acting like 2 YO bang
Posted By: TXPanhandler

Re: After Deer Season Quail Lease Pricing - 09/19/18 02:17 AM

Thanks for your input. I believe I will lease the place.
Posted By: therancher

Re: After Deer Season Quail Lease Pricing - 09/19/18 02:46 AM

Originally Posted By: blanked

I’d be glad to give bird hunters priority. Just pay me what deer hunters do.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum