Texas Hunting Forum

Bird Surveys Texas or Oklahoma

Posted By: MI2TX

Bird Surveys Texas or Oklahoma - 07/25/18 03:54 PM

Has anybody heard of any surveys being done in Oklahoma or Texas yet? I think the wildlife departments for both states should be doing them anytime now or they should be done. I’ve talked to the lessor of my lease up in SW Oklahoma who has seen pairs but hasn’t seen any chicks. It’s got me a little concerned. It’s also been HOT.
Posted By: nate33

Re: Bird Surveys Texas or Oklahoma - 07/25/18 06:19 PM

I doubt seriously that a survey in July would have anything to do with the bird population in Nov. But it does give the state employees something to do.
Posted By: NorthTXbirdhunter

Re: Bird Surveys Texas or Oklahoma - 07/25/18 06:39 PM

I received survey results this morning from Quail-Tech based on a formula they use based on call counts and several other factors. At this early point, this is lining up much the way the 2015 season did and that is not a bad thing. I was checking a few notes and we were moving 15-18 coveys a day that year. I know it is early and this could go south, but let’s hope we can maintain this level and at a minimum.
Posted By: Chet

Re: Bird Surveys Texas or Oklahoma - 07/25/18 06:43 PM

I'm thinking we will have a pretty decent season, and I'm 100% right 50% of the time.
Posted By: MI2TX

Re: Bird Surveys Texas or Oklahoma - 07/25/18 07:29 PM

Oddly enough Quail Forever posted these early reports on their blog.

[url=ttps://quailforever.org/BlogLanding/Blogs/Quail-Forever/Summer-Quail-Report-Oklahoma.aspx][url=ttps://quailforever.org/BlogLanding/Blogs/Quail-Forever/Summer-Quail-Report-Oklahoma.aspx][url=ttps://quailforever.org/BlogLanding/Blogs/Quail-Forever/Summer-Quail-Report-Oklahoma.aspx]ttps://quailforever.org/BlogLanding/Blogs/Quail-Forever/Summer-Quail-Report-Oklahoma.aspx[/url][/url][/url]

https://quailforever.org/BlogLanding/Blogs/Quail-Forever/Summer-Quail-Report-Texas.aspx
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum