Texas Hunting Forum

Rain in Kent County???

Posted By: NorthTXbirdhunter

Rain in Kent County??? - 04/25/18 12:55 PM

Any rain in Kent County yesterday? I see that there is a decent chance today of getting some. We dang sure need a t’stringer.
Posted By: tigger

Re: Rain in Kent County??? - 04/25/18 01:24 PM

some in southern kent county
Posted By: Chet

Re: Rain in Kent County??? - 05/02/18 09:17 PM

About to get hit again with what looks like a good rain. Moving through Snyder now.
Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: Rain in Kent County??? - 05/02/18 10:45 PM

Got a video of a good rain in Noodle.
Posted By: scalebuster

Re: Rain in Kent County??? - 05/02/18 11:43 PM

Hope there wasn’t too much hail with it. Heard golf all size in Knox county. I’m sitting at a motel in NORMAN Ok hoping for no tornadoes.

Re: Rain in Kent County??? - 05/03/18 11:40 AM

Any word on rain around Jayton?
Posted By: RayB

Re: Rain in Kent County??? - 05/03/18 12:09 PM

Originally Posted By: NorthTXbirdhunter
Any word on rain around Jayton?

According to my radar ap the whole area received a good rain.
Posted By: cattle69

Re: Rain in Kent County??? - 05/03/18 01:45 PM

Was in Kent co last weekend was as dry as ever seen it. Shot hogs in wheat field and if didn’t shoot fast couldn’t see them with all the dust they would kick up. Put out 45 bags of milo and corn to help give the quali atleast something to eat. I did see quite a few quail Friday evening. We will need more than just this rain to get us out of the mess we are in, but we are already one day closer to the next good rain.

Re: Rain in Kent County??? - 05/03/18 09:01 PM

Oh we got a flood at the ranch in Jayton....2/10ths of an inch. Laughing to keep from crying.

Re: Rain in Kent County??? - 05/04/18 03:33 PM

Originally Posted By: NorthTXbirdhunter
Oh we got a flood at the ranch in Jayton....2/10ths of an inch. Laughing to keep from crying.

From the radar image I would have thought there was more. I have my ap zeroed in on my lease location and it was covered in orange.
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Rain in Kent County??? - 05/04/18 06:35 PM

weather underground app has a weather station at Mesquite Grove Ranch. Showed .22" yesterday

Re: Rain in Kent County??? - 05/04/18 07:18 PM

Originally Posted By: 68rustbucket
weather underground app has a weather station at Mesquite Grove Ranch. Showed .22" yesterday

Bet that didn't even leave a puddle. DARN!!!
Still better than a poke in the eve with a sharp stick confused2

Re: Rain in Kent County??? - 05/04/18 09:48 PM

Those radars for some reason can be deceiving in that county. Build your hopes up to rip your heart out when you get to the rain gauge.

Re: Rain in Kent County??? - 05/04/18 11:55 PM

sucks but
Posted By: Tedmatthews

Re: Rain in Kent County??? - 05/05/18 02:19 PM

I left Rotan yesterday, have been there since Wed. It rained .25 while I was there. I was working 4 miles east of town and heard quite a few birds.
Posted By: quailg

Re: Rain in Kent County??? - 05/05/18 05:35 PM

We got 2" in SE Runnels county. Very much appreciated.
Posted By: arandy

Re: Rain in Kent County??? - 05/06/18 10:09 AM

I was at the lease I hunted last season in Coke County for a couple days and got 1/4" there early Thursday but when I came through Abilene a little later that morning some of the side roads were still flooded and it rained on me all the way to east Texas. The ranch was dry but not as bad as I expected. Heard birds everywhere I stopped and there were insects about so however dim, there is hope. It appears to have rained about two inches there which is better than many places.

Re: Rain in Kent County??? - 05/18/18 12:36 AM

Looks like wide spread good rains this evening out west. Some looks heavy on radar.

Re: Rain in Kent County??? - 05/20/18 01:38 PM

Shower tuday

Re: Rain in Kent County??? - 05/20/18 01:45 PM

Looks like a good one, lady birds should be taking notice.

Re: Rain in Kent County??? - 05/20/18 02:00 PM

Jerry said he was going to go there and strip down to his Indian loin cloth and do a rain dance. I pleaded with him not to film it and post on here scared

Re: Rain in Kent County??? - 05/22/18 03:30 AM

Poured out 3” at kent co today from last week. At a buddy of mines place further north and west Kent county got over 5 inches in same time period.

Re: Rain in Kent County??? - 05/22/18 03:32 AM

Tom green county has got some good rains as well with some places having over 6” in past two weeks. It is real spotty as far as what part of Tom green county.

Re: Rain in Kent County??? - 05/22/18 10:59 AM

Hey 69 I hope you let that rain fall across the road.
Where was the 5 inches in relation to clairmont.

Re: Rain in Kent County??? - 05/22/18 11:41 AM

Northwest 5 miles

Re: Rain in Kent County??? - 05/22/18 03:45 PM

Talked to rancher around Sterling City has had 7” over last two weeks
Posted By: westtexaswatkins

Re: Rain in Kent County??? - 05/22/18 06:44 PM

My place is in Stonewall County (East border of Kent). Both Stonewall and Kent have gotten very little rain recently at least along the 380 route. What rain that has come across that area looks good on radar but so far hasn't produced much more than 1/2" at a time for the most part. I pass through Kent county most weekends getting to my place. Keep PRAYING FOR RAIN!!!

Re: Rain in Kent County??? - 05/22/18 07:45 PM

My lease is right on the Kent/Stonewall N/S county line south of the river. The LO told me he has had 3.5 inches in the last week.
Posted By: CinchMan

Re: Rain in Kent County??? - 05/29/18 01:30 PM

Highs around 102-109* for the next 11 days.....not good. Its too early in the summer for this kind of heat.
Posted By: Flashprism

Re: Rain in Kent County??? - 06/25/18 11:25 PM

Dickens county received in excess of 8 inches since 5/1 all is lush and green and excellent condition for new generation

Re: Rain in Kent County??? - 07/08/18 10:49 PM

Some folks got pretty decent rain this afternoon. The land I hunt may have got an inch today (going by rain fall total maps) and had some yesterday.
Posted By: TWarren

Re: Rain in Kent County??? - 07/11/18 01:53 AM

Originally Posted By: CinchMan
Highs around 102-109* for the next 11 days.....not good. Its too early in the summer for this kind of heat.

It has been that hot consistently since early June.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum