Texas Hunting Forum

She came unbroke

Posted By: bill oxner

She came unbroke - 03/11/18 04:43 PM

I've only owned one setter in my life. She camefroma field trailer in Waco. A local trainer had her and a littermate. I lost my Ekhew pointer and was in the market. I bought her from the trainer and finished her out. She made two time champion in NSTRA at three. All at once she started going around on her birds and moving while backing. She was still fine while wearing the e-collar. I had to quit trailing her.

Her name was Rosé.

Have you ever? Do you know of collar wise dogs?
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: She came unbroke - 03/11/18 05:24 PM

All of my dogs have been collar smart, except maybe the Britt. Only wish I’d had force fetched. Could have run her in NSTRA. Don’t feel the need now, since she’s 9 now. Maybe with some more work my pointer would do it. Heavy on the maybe
Posted By: bobcat1

Re: She came unbroke - 03/11/18 11:09 PM

Dozen or so Bill. Dogs are smart little turds.
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: She came unbroke - 03/12/18 02:01 AM

looks like an identical to a grouse ridge dog I had, best I ever walked behind

Re: She came unbroke - 03/12/18 01:13 PM

Rose didn't take the heat all that well.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: She came unbroke - 03/14/18 04:57 AM

Pretty dog.
Posted By: arandy

Re: She came unbroke - 03/14/18 01:29 PM

Every dog I have used an e-collar on has become collar smart to some degree. There was one though that was really a hoot. I had a hard headed Black Lab female that was an awesome retriever and loving pet. I had to get rough on her with the collar only one time but never again after that one episode. She was one smart dog because when she would start to revert to bad habits all I had to do was show her the collar and say "am I going to have to put this on you" and immediately she would heel up and be a good girl. It was just too funny.
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: She came unbroke - 03/14/18 02:22 PM

roflmao

Re: She came unbroke - 03/15/18 12:05 AM

roflmao roflmao roflmao
Posted By: Chet

Re: She came unbroke - 03/15/18 01:48 AM

Arandy that's a hoot. Had a gyp one time that enjoyed a good bark in the pen now and then. I broke them of being vocal with a hose at the corner of my old house so they couldn't see it coming. This gyp got so cured that if a dog in the area barked she jumped in her house, she knew someone was getting wet.
Posted By: NorthTXbirdhunter

Re: She came unbroke - 03/15/18 03:07 PM

Same here Arandy. My dad gave me a badazz bark collar one time that would eat a dog up. If my dogs started barking in the night excessively, I could just go hang the collar on the kennel gate and they would all go running to the back of their houses. I didn’t have to say a word to them.

Re: She came unbroke - 03/15/18 03:16 PM

Muffin was bad about barking in the dog box from excitement. I got a cheap bark collar and put it on her. She only barked once. I've never had to use the bark collar since.

Re: She came unbroke - 03/15/18 05:16 PM

Originally Posted By: NorthTXbirdhunter
Same here Arandy. My dad gave me a badazz bark collar one time that would eat a dog up. If my dogs started barking in the night excessively, I could just go hang the collar on the kennel gate and they would all go running to the back of their houses. I didn’t have to say a word to them.
roflmao roflmao roflmao
Posted By: beaversnipe

Re: She came unbroke - 03/18/18 10:44 AM

I would never name my dog Zinfandel
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum