Texas Hunting Forum

If you hunt the sandhills

Posted By: blanked

If you hunt the sandhills - 02/10/18 02:14 PM

I find these boots great for the sand burs. I get about 2 days out of the boots. No vet wrap or duct tape needed to stay on. I hate using inner tubes/ Lewis boots on multiple dogs for extended trips too time consuming putting them on and tape / wrap

https://dogbooties.com/shop/1000-denier-cordura-booties/
Posted By: Chet

Re: If you hunt the sandhills - 02/11/18 11:55 PM

I've been a Lewis Boot user for 15 years and typically only boot the front feet. I can do the fronts in less than 5 min. so never saw it as a drawback. Think they give the dog the most protection of any of the boots out there. Only thing better is a dog that will run through sand burs without boots.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: If you hunt the sandhills - 02/12/18 12:04 AM

Originally Posted By: Chet
I've been a Lewis Boot user for 15 years and typically only boot the front feet. I can do the fronts in less than 5 min. so never saw it as a drawback. Think they give the dog the most protection of any of the boots out there. Only thing better is a dog that will run through sand burs without boots.

I had one named Sis that could run through the.. My friend with the red setters has one names Beckett that is really good in them. His last point was in a burr field. This is Beckett.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum