Texas Hunting Forum

Partridges in Portugal

Posted By: nucleosideo

Partridges in Portugal - 11/18/15 01:27 PM

Hi there everyone,

Iīm a recent member of this spectacular "house" and iīm from Portugal. Sorry for my poor "english" but iīll try to do my best.

In Portugal we use to hunt some different species you donīt have in America, such as Partridges; Doves; WoodPigeons; Hares; Rabbits; Thrushs; etc etc...

We start our hunting season in 15 August and finish in the last Sunday of February. Bettween this period we donīt hunt... itīs the season for the species to rest and take care of their descendants.

I like to share with you two of my last partdrige hunts in Portugal, probably you will not feel confortably viewing some differences between your and our hunting style.

Here in Portugal we used to divide the members of the team in two groups. One of them will hunt the land, walking with dogs to the upland birds (like partridges) run away. Some of the birds will be hunted here and the majority will escape. The other group stays on a line, next 2 ou 3 miles away form the line of the 1st group hunters, to wait partdriges pass to shoot them. I know it seems to be quite unfair, but believe me, itīs not quite easy as it looks. The partridges flies at high speed...

Enjoy...

PS: Sorry for the poor image quality but i just started now to film my hunts... i think iīll improve myself with time...

Cheers!
Pedro Sales
Posted By: RayB

Re: Partridges in Portugal - 11/18/15 02:16 PM

There are driven hunts here as well. Most places in the Dakotas do driven type hunts for pheasants
And welcome, there is a member here from Argentina so don't feel like an outsider. We are all hunters.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Partridges in Portugal - 11/18/15 02:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Barny Topwater
There are driven hunts here as well. Most places in the Dakotas do driven type hunts for pheasants
And welcome, there is a member here from Argentina so don't feel like an outsider. We are all hunters.

welcome
Posted By: danceswithquail

Re: Partridges in Portugal - 11/18/15 02:44 PM

Welcome!

Good shooting. Birds look like they are moving pretty good.
Posted By: TXSIGNGUY

Re: Partridges in Portugal - 11/19/15 06:20 PM

welcome
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Partridges in Portugal - 11/20/15 12:55 AM

Welcome to the forum.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum