Texas Hunting Forum

First quail hunt of the year

Posted By: cattle69

First quail hunt of the year - 11/09/15 08:56 PM

This is the first time we have hunted our place in Kent Co. in 5 plus years. We had three generations of quail hunters out there and to say the least we had a blast. Each week is only going to get better. Deer hunting has taken a back seat this year! If there is ever a good thing about a neighbor hunting your fence line and putting a feeder at it, it is a good place to start quail hunting that day. smile

Posted By: bill oxner

Re: First quail hunt of the year - 11/09/15 09:02 PM

Looks like a fun hunt. How many coveys?

Re: First quail hunt of the year - 11/09/15 09:26 PM

We found four in an hour and a half. Not to bad, but will get better exspecially with an earlier start.
Here are a few more pictures.

Posted By: bill oxner

Re: First quail hunt of the year - 11/09/15 09:41 PM

Cute kid. Looks like she is having fun.
Posted By: Birdshot101

Re: First quail hunt of the year - 11/09/15 10:54 PM

I'm on the same page as you as far as deer hunting taking a back seat this year. up
Posted By: TXPanhandler

Re: First quail hunt of the year - 11/11/15 01:40 AM

Not sure how I feel about carrying a child on my shoulders while carrying a firearm in my hands...

Re: First quail hunt of the year - 11/11/15 03:45 AM

No bullet in the chamber, feel how you want. smile
Posted By: thecoach

Re: First quail hunt of the year - 11/11/15 05:16 PM

We have sure become a society that jumps to conclusion. Maybe, just maybe we have man who happens to also be good dad and a responsible gun owner.
Posted By: CinchMan

Re: First quail hunt of the year - 11/13/15 06:40 PM

Is that setter Callie? How is she doing?
Posted By: Finfeathernfurr

Re: First quail hunt of the year - 11/16/15 06:25 AM

When I was that age I already knew that there was no round in the chamber and why. Great photos congratulations dad. I am so excited I have been feeding my birds like crazy where they are well protected and out of sight I am seeing really fantastic numbers for the first time in 15 years. Thanks for sharing I hope to be able to hunt my birds next year.

Re: First quail hunt of the year - 11/17/15 03:35 AM

That is Callie and one of her puppies from a few years back. She is doing great, we just need a little polishing work done on both.
Posted By: CinchMan

Re: First quail hunt of the year - 11/20/15 03:30 PM

Originally Posted By: cattle69
That is Callie and one of her puppies from a few years back. She is doing great, we just need a little polishing work done on both.

That is awesome! Really glad it worked out for the both of you. That dog deserved a good owner who hunted. Send me some more pics of her and her pup if you have any!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum