Texas Hunting Forum

Hunting in the Brownsville area

Posted By: goosehunter51

Hunting in the Brownsville area - 11/02/15 02:47 AM

Hey guys!
I'm going to be in Brownsville in a couple weeks and wonder what type of bird hunting opportunities that there might be while I'm there. I'll have a couple days. Any doves around at this time of year? We aren't allowed to shoot them up here in Michigan because of the "anti's". Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated. Thanks! Greg
Posted By: Mundo

Re: Hunting in the Brownsville area - 11/03/15 08:26 PM

doves are closed until December 18. Texas has almost no public hunting land. You might get into some quail if you can find who owns cattle pastures and ask permission. There are plenty of birds this year. Ducks may be open when you are here: you might try calling a guide.
You can find and shoot asian doves near town if you can identify them in flight -- If you make a mistake and shoot a game bird you may be in trouble with the game warden.
Posted By: Erichugh22

Re: Hunting in the Brownsville area - 11/05/15 02:20 PM

There are a few wmas with quail on them down there, the public land had book will show you all of them by region
Posted By: Mike Honcho

Re: Hunting in the Brownsville area - 11/07/15 06:28 AM

Hey goose, ive been seeing a good amount of quail on my grandpas ranch by mission tx, which is about 1hr away. Get with me if its not out of your way.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum