Texas Hunting Forum

Federal Upland Game Bird Stamp

Posted By: Colinus virginianus

Federal Upland Game Bird Stamp - 08/18/15 08:59 PM

What are your thoughts about subject stamp? Here is some information for your perusal: http://sportingclassicsdaily.com/issue/2015-1/article/the-federal-upland-stamp
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Federal Upland Game Bird Stamp - 08/18/15 09:20 PM

Not on private land in Texas. It would only help the fat cats.
Posted By: poisonivie

Re: Federal Upland Game Bird Stamp - 08/18/15 10:09 PM

Heck lets just buy a stamp for everything we hunt. We need a duck stamp, freshwater stamp saltwater stamp, crane stamp. Why not for rabbits and squirrels and p dogs. Throw in deer and elk and turkey. Might as well have coyotes and bobcats. We could even do a feral pig stamp. Do away with a license and just have stamps for every species. Or we could just raise license cost to $1000 and do away with stamps. We could have a photography stamp tho. Those folks don't pay their way
Posted By: Elpatoloco

Re: Federal Upland Game Bird Stamp - 08/18/15 10:26 PM

Originally Posted By: poisonivie
Heck lets just buy a stamp for everything we hunt. We need a duck stamp, freshwater stamp saltwater stamp, crane stamp. Why not for rabbits and squirrels and p dogs. Throw in deer and elk and turkey. Might as well have coyotes and bobcats. We could even do a feral pig stamp. Do away with a license and just have stamps for every species. Or we could just raise license cost to $1000 and do away with stamps. We could have a photography stamp tho. Those folks don't pay their way

No doubt. When I was a kid, grew up on the Red River, things were so much simpler with all the liscensing. We never would hunt in Oklahoma, because of too many rules. Almost like they put all that BS up just to get revenue from fines. TX was easy. Paid your money for a liscense and a Federal duck stamp and all was included.

The current TX liscensing is worse that what OK had back then. I see now, that in addition to my supercombo, they want me to pay an additional tax, if I catch and sell or keep a snake to break my dog from rattlers.

It's all about the damn $

Reptile and amphibian stamp? !

I ain't payin extra to keep a snake or gig a frog.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Federal Upland Game Bird Stamp - 08/18/15 11:48 PM

Remember that Quail Unlimited took our money during the biggest decline of quail in history.
Posted By: Duckhawker

Re: Federal Upland Game Bird Stamp - 08/27/15 08:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Elpatoloco
Originally Posted By: poisonivie

No doubt. When I was a kid, grew up on the Red River, things were so much simpler with all the liscensing. We never would hunt in Oklahoma, because of too many rules. Almost like they put all that BS up just to get revenue from fines. TX was easy. Paid your money for a liscense and a Federal duck stamp and all was included.

The current TX liscensing is worse that what OK had back then. I see now, that in addition to my supercombo, they want me to pay an additional tax, if I catch and sell or keep a snake to break my dog from rattlers.

It's all about the damn $

Reptile and amphibian stamp? !

I ain't payin extra to keep a snake or gig a frog.

I'm a "herper." I search for reptiles and amphibians recreationally. The herp stamp (reptile and amphibian) was instituted so we could be counted as actively utilizing an unconventional wildlife resource in the state. Essentially, we thought our rights were being trampled on by some reptile and amphibian specific language, and we wanted to be treated equally by the state with regards to our use of a public resource.

It's not meant to get extra money out of someone who wants to collect one western diamondback rattlesnake for dog training, although that may have been an unfortunate side effect.
Posted By: therancher

Re: Federal Upland Game Bird Stamp - 08/27/15 11:05 PM

The last thing we need is the Fed owning any more land. They own a full 1/3 of the total land mass. And they do a HORRIBLE job of managing it (what else can you expect from a govt entity).

Ear mark the money for something other than expanding refuges and I would at least look at it.
Posted By: scalebuster

Re: Federal Upland Game Bird Stamp - 08/27/15 11:29 PM

I'm against the federal government doing anything but building roads and maintaining a military.
Posted By: Duckhawker

Re: Federal Upland Game Bird Stamp - 08/28/15 06:39 PM

I know I'm in the minority on this forum and in this state, but I really actually like the federal government. I'm not trying to troll this post. I am employed (not by the federal government) I and fully support my family. I feel like my tax dollars are well used. A federal upland stamp would be fine by me.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Federal Upland Game Bird Stamp - 08/28/15 07:09 PM

I don't trust them to use the money for its intended purposes (like SS, and all the other programs)....they get enough of my hard earned money as it is....so I'll be opposed and keep my money!
Posted By: bassfishinglawyer

Re: Federal Upland Game Bird Stamp - 09/08/15 01:39 PM

BAD idea. Yea - take my money and spend it somewhere I will see no benefit. I'm not into that. I understand on migratory, because they tend to migrate (thus the name) through states and so the "tax" and benefit is spread out. Unless the $ is used on the area from which it came, there will never be any benefit to the "taxpayer."
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum