Texas Hunting Forum

Falling out with neighbor turned into blessing

Posted By: blanked

Falling out with neighbor turned into blessing - 11/23/14 09:00 PM

had a big argument with someone that had a house built along the horse trails that I run my dogs everyday for 10 years. He was pissed cause my dogs disturb the deer around his house. Why he built his house along a community trail is beyond me but that's a different story. So I started my search for new isolated trails near home to run my dogs. I found miles of trails in the woods that a home builder bought and it will be at least 5 years before he uses that end of it. Ran the dogs today for a test run planning on an hour. Turned out to be a 4 hour ordeal cause the place was loaded with woodcock! Never have my dogs turned into high gear during an exercise run like this thanks to wild birds 4 miles from the house. Just in time since my new pointer pup will be here next month. An absolute goldmine of a find
Posted By: Cajun Raider

Re: Falling out with neighbor turned into blessing - 11/23/14 11:00 PM

Sometimes blessings appear in strange ways. Congratulations.
Posted By: therancher

Re: Falling out with neighbor turned into blessing - 11/24/14 05:25 AM

Originally Posted By: blanked
had a big argument with someone that had a house built along the horse trails that I run my dogs everyday for 10 years. He was pissed cause my dogs disturb the deer around his house. Why he built his house along a community trail is beyond me but that's a different story. So I started my search for new isolated trails near home to run my dogs. I found miles of trails in the woods that a home builder bought and it will be at least 5 years before he uses that end of it. Ran the dogs today for a test run planning on an hour. Turned out to be a 4 hour ordeal cause the place was loaded with woodcock! Never have my dogs turned into high gear during an exercise run like this thanks to wild birds 4 miles from the house. Just in time since my new pointer pup will be here next month. An absolute goldmine of a find

Well, he probably built his house there because that's where he bought his lot. I really don't see why you have a legitimate problem where someone else buys and builds. Unless there's something I'm missing. Especially if the "community trail" now runs through his property.

If he's just mouthing off because you are running your dogs on land that's not his, then yeah, I'm with ya.

But, it seems to have worked out even better for you so overall it's a good thing.
Posted By: jdk1985

Re: Falling out with neighbor turned into blessing - 11/24/14 11:13 AM

Great find!
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Falling out with neighbor turned into blessing - 11/24/14 07:41 PM

Good news!
Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: Falling out with neighbor turned into blessing - 11/24/14 08:55 PM

Good for you! Can't wait until woodcock season!
Posted By: kindall

Re: Falling out with neighbor turned into blessing - 11/24/14 09:23 PM

I was starting to feel sorry for you after your Daily dog runs post, but it looks like it turned out for the best.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum