Texas Hunting Forum

Quail Hunting between Montgomery and Plantersville/Dobbin

Posted By: RodBreaker

Quail Hunting between Montgomery and Plantersville/Dobbin - 08/04/14 01:35 AM

Hey everyone. This is my first time to be on the THF forum but been a member of TFF for some time now. My question is I recently (6 or 7 months ago) moved from Southeast Texas ( Bridge City area) to Lake Conroe due to a better job with my company and have noticed a sign a few times off of Hwy 105 headed West out of Montgomery towards Plantersville about guided Quail hunts. So I call the guy a couple of days ago to get some details. $100 per person with a minimum of 2 people and $6 per bird. Has anyone on here ever been to this guy to quail hunt? If so, how was it?
Posted By: Merican Duck Hunter

Re: Quail Hunting between Montgomery and Plantersville/Dobbin - 08/04/14 03:06 AM

welcome
never heard of it but sounds like a good deal!

Re: Quail Hunting between Montgomery and Plantersville/Dobbin - 08/04/14 09:51 AM

Originally Posted By: Merican duck hunter
welcome
never heard of it but sounds like a good deal!

Thanks cheers
Posted By: jdk1985

Re: Quail Hunting between Montgomery and Plantersville/Dobbin - 08/04/14 12:29 PM

Welcome to THF. You will probably have better luck getting advice about quail hunting in the "Upland" thread, rather than the Migratory thread.

Hope someone can help you with the info you need.

Re: Quail Hunting between Montgomery and Plantersville/Dobbin - 08/04/14 11:57 PM

true i noticed the mistake after it was to late. Thanks
Posted By: blanked

Re: Quail Hunting between Montgomery and Plantersville/Dobbin - 08/05/14 12:32 AM

I go there all the time but for dog training on my own. You spoke to jimmy. It's hard for me to call pen raise birds a hunt but I will put that aside. Biggest question are you using your own dogs or his. Everyone I see there uses there own dogs so I can't say how his are

Re: Quail Hunting between Montgomery and Plantersville/Dobbin - 08/05/14 05:15 AM

Originally Posted By: blanked
I go there all the time but for dog training on my own. You spoke to jimmy. It's hard for me to call pen raise birds a hunt but I will put that aside. Biggest question are you using your own dogs or his. Everyone I see there uses there own dogs so I can't say how his are

Thanks blanked. To answer your questions. Im not sure what his name was. Using his dogs and he figures about 10-15 birds per person with 3 of us going and a guide.
Posted By: blanked

Re: Quail Hunting between Montgomery and Plantersville/Dobbin - 08/05/14 10:58 PM

Well the best thing about him is that he doesn't get a whole lot of business. So it's easy to have the place to yourselves instead of just a 40 acre pasture like most places. He has enough land back there to spread the birds out and make it interesting . His birds fly as good as you can expect from pen raised . If you want to add some kick to the day he has a buddy that has chukar. Pen raised chukar are a real bonus. But you will need to buy enough of his birds to make him want to use someone else's birds
Posted By: BigHenFx4

Re: Quail Hunting between Montgomery and Plantersville/Dobbin - 08/08/14 02:57 AM

What's the name of the place? Hunted a place a few years ago in Richards but I think the land got sold off. Would be nice to have a place close by to put the dog on some birds.

Re: Quail Hunting between Montgomery and Plantersville/Dobbin - 08/08/14 11:27 AM

Thanks blanked. Not sure of the name BigHen

Re: Quail Hunting between Montgomery and Plantersville/Dobbin - 08/08/14 11:28 AM

The sign just says Quail Hunts and a phone #
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum