Texas Hunting Forum

Browning Cynergy O/U

Posted By: 2flyfish4

Browning Cynergy O/U - 05/01/23 07:42 PM

Anyone shoot the Browning Cynergy Wicked Wing Edition?

I've been wanting an O/U, and am not really into pretty guns which is why I'm leaning towards the wicked wings edition. Barrels and receiver is cerakoted bronze with the forearm and stock camo dipped. Handled one at Scheels a few months ago, the balance was much different than my semi autos.

What length barrels should I get for an O/U waterfowl gun?
Posted By: RayB

Re: Browning Cynergy O/U - 05/01/23 08:14 PM

Not long ago there was one in the firearms for sale board. I would go with 28" barrels, if for no other reason than resale. I've had a hard time selling 26" barrel O/Us.
Posted By: Capt.JVH

Re: Browning Cynergy O/U - 05/01/23 08:36 PM

I've been hunting with one for a few years now. Mine is full camo, not the cerakote, Wicked Wing version. I love it. I have shot sea ducks in Alaska using 3.5's, Texas teal, clays, a couple turkeys, you name it.

Obviously, you lose a shot, but it is very easy to clean if you hunt salt. And to me, it fits better than most auto loaders I've tried. The only drawback I can definitively see is having 2 shots. For me personally, I don't need to stack bodies when I hunt birds, so it isn't of much consequence.

reliability is top notch. I also agree with the 28-inch barrel comment. I swung a 30-inch version and thought it felt a tad heavy on the end.

Good luck finding one you like!
Posted By: ken starling

Re: Browning Cynergy O/U - 05/02/23 12:26 AM

I actually won one last year at DU banquet. It is a shooting machine. Get the 28”, it swings and points good. You want be disappointed
Posted By: Judd

Re: Browning Cynergy O/U - 05/02/23 06:28 PM

I bought a black one and had it hydrodipped. I loved that gun but never could shoot it as well as my semi or clays o/u. I sold it so I'd quit trying rofl

If it fits ya and you like it...I'm sure it'll be fine, it's a Browning after all.
Posted By: stevehong

Re: Browning Cynergy O/U - 05/02/23 08:53 PM

A buddy of mine got one, and I got to shoot it this past duck season.

Great shotgun - just not a huge fan of OU shotguns for ducks.
Posted By: N.Tx

Re: Browning Cynergy O/U - 05/02/23 10:24 PM

Standing in flooded timber it would be fun, but reloading in a layout or pit blind sounds like a giraffe trying to drink water imo
Posted By: Gumbeaux

Re: Browning Cynergy O/U - 05/03/23 02:46 AM

I waterfowl hunt with a Cynergy. Great guns. They are a little awkward in a lay out blind and more so in a pit blind. But the limit is 6 ducks so you only have to do it 3 times if you're good.

In all seriousness, I'm 6'5" so I can usually stand and hold the gun outside the blind and load it. If you're a shorter fella, no real way to load it without sweeping someone inside if you're not on the end.
Posted By: BradyBuck

Re: Browning Cynergy O/U - 05/03/23 06:39 PM

I had one, wasn’t really a big fan.

It was a good looking gun, felt great and all that.

However for how I hunt, typically in layouts or A-frame I found it extremely cumbersome to operate safely.

I ended up never using it so I sold it.
Posted By: Nathan Nelson

Re: Browning Cynergy O/U - 05/04/23 03:51 AM

Had one traded it for an A5 and cash.

Difficult to use in a layout blind and kicked hard with 3 1/2s. Liked it for dove hunting. Just alway a little awkward.
Posted By: claypool

Re: Browning Cynergy O/U - 05/07/23 04:34 PM

only use mine for dove, quail or pheasant. use an semi auto or pump for ducks.
Posted By: bassfishinglawyer

Re: Browning Cynergy O/U - 05/10/23 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by ken starling
I actually won one last year at DU banquet. It is a shooting machine. Get the 28”, it swings and points good. You want be disappointed

Me too - and I haven't even taken mine out of the box. Might have to do so after reading your review. smile

Re: Browning Cynergy O/U - 05/16/23 03:04 PM

Your shotgun is for sale in the firearms sales page
Of course you would look classier with the Beretta that's for sale bolt
Posted By: hetman

Re: Browning Cynergy O/U - 05/17/23 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by RayB
Your shotgun is for sale in the firearms sales page
t:

https://texashuntingforum.com/forum.../8853250/gonew/1/browning-o-u-f-s#UNREAD

Re: Browning Cynergy O/U - 05/17/23 01:57 PM

Thanks up

Re: Browning Cynergy O/U - 10/16/23 01:05 AM

Well after finding a cynergy wicked wings edition and handling it, I think I'm going a different route. The gun was very front heavy, and just didn't feel natural to me. I'm sure I would get use to it but didn't feel like spending $2k on a gun that didn't feel natural to me.

I just saw browning came out with a composite citori in all black and it looks pretty sharp. Going to have to get my hands on one and see how it feels.

Re: Browning Cynergy O/U - 10/17/23 05:29 PM

Here you go, rare as hens teeth
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/1012192954

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/1007335695
Posted By: #Hayraker

Re: Browning Cynergy O/U - 10/17/23 06:58 PM

Never had an issue loading a double in a lay out blind. drop barrel, push down stock, load, pull up stock

Re: Browning Cynergy O/U - 10/17/23 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by RayB

Ya thos ruger red labels are sharp to. Might have to try to get my hands on one of those.

Here is the new browning composite citori they came out with this year.

[Linked Image]
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum