Texas Hunting Forum

Bois d'Arc

Posted By: 2flyfish4

Bois d'Arc - 07/28/22 03:22 PM

Well since its in the public land hunting book and considering the lake is not even half full, talk about a [censored] show this place will be.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 65x55

Re: Bois d'Arc - 07/28/22 04:00 PM

So they've released 2022-2023? I've been looking on the TPWD site but still finding 2021-2022.
Posted By: Sniper John

Re: Bois d'Arc - 07/28/22 04:05 PM

So they allowed rail, gallinule, and moorhen, but not Snipe. What the flip! bang

Re: Bois d'Arc - 07/28/22 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Sniper John
So they allowed rail, gallinule, and moorhen, but not Snipe. What the flip! bang

Ok, now that I read it, I see why. You can only access by boat from boat ramps and can't step onto land. The way it reads even a kayak would have to enter at the boat ramp.
Posted By: ducknbass

Re: Bois d'Arc - 07/28/22 05:55 PM

No land access. They ain’t gonna open the launches until it’s fills so it won’t be open this year. We’ll open in paper. Hope the state gets their money back.
Posted By: Guy

Re: Bois d'Arc - 07/28/22 05:56 PM

The lake office says it is not open yet... juggle

https://boisdarclake.org/press-releases/bois-darc-lake-not-yet-open-for-recreational-use/

Re: Bois d'Arc - 07/28/22 06:01 PM

Whomever decided to lease that to the state this year made a bad mistake. I guarantee you I could get my boat into that lake without trespassing or breaking a law. Then you’ve got knots tied.

Re: Bois d'Arc - 07/28/22 08:45 PM

Ya they didn't allow anyone out there last year. Unless we get a big hurricane system to move up from the gulf I doubt it gets enough water in it for them to open it up. Boat ramps are still along ways from water and as sniper John pointed out they are only allowing access via boat.

I imagine the game wardens will be writing plenty of tickets this winter out there.

Re: Bois d'Arc - 07/28/22 09:22 PM

Its good the TPWD is ahead of the curve and put out hunting regs, I been wondering about this.
Posted By: mohunter

Re: Bois d'Arc - 07/28/22 10:06 PM

Why in the world the OP would even post this map blows my mind…

Re: Bois d'Arc - 07/28/22 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by mohunter

IBTL…. popcorn

Re: Bois d'Arc - 07/28/22 10:25 PM

At first I was like I can launch off 82 and run the river. But that area there with no motorized boats takes that out.

Re: Bois d'Arc - 07/28/22 10:29 PM

Bc it doesn't matter, its in the annual public hunting permit map. Its like saying Ray roberts or Cooper is a secret.

Re: Bois d'Arc - 07/29/22 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by 2flyfish4

Bc it doesn't matter, its in the annual public hunting permit map. Its like saying Ray roberts or Cooper is a secret.

Oh boy, we have not had one of these debates in a long time! clap
Posted By: Ol Thumper

Re: Bois d'Arc - 07/29/22 02:09 AM

I’m just glad someone gets to hunt the land the asshats took away from us because I can’t deer hunt in 20 feet of water…

Re: Bois d'Arc - 07/29/22 02:57 AM

Originally Posted by Ol Thumper
I’m just glad someone gets to hunt the land the asshats took away from us because I can’t deer hunt in 20 feet of water…

You can duck hunt there, probably need to go to 2 foot of water tho...

Re: Bois d'Arc - 07/29/22 03:38 AM

Originally Posted by Guy

Oh boy, we have not had one of these debates in a long time! clap

Haha, yep. I normally would never name lakes. But I figured on this one why the hell not. Its in the public hunting land book, and there isn't even going to be enough water in it this year to hunt it.

Re: Bois d'Arc - 07/29/22 05:26 AM

I drive over the lake several times a week, when it fills up it looks like it’ll be some outstanding duck hunting. The Ralph Hall lake will to if they allow hunting on it when it’s finished. That lakes flown completely under the radar thus far,
Posted By: TDK

Re: Bois d'Arc - 07/29/22 04:02 PM

They just need to make the entire waterfowl area off limits to motorized watercraft. Talk about the possibilities…

Re: Bois d'Arc - 07/29/22 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by TDK
They just need to make the entire waterfowl area off limits to motorized watercraft. Talk about the possibilities…

I agree, kayak only.

Re: Bois d'Arc - 07/29/22 06:56 PM

Dang hippies. Go back to California!
Posted By: Kodyjoe2016

Re: Bois d'Arc - 07/29/22 07:23 PM

Hey got some duck pictures back when I used to hunt all the land from the dam to bout 4 miles isouth if I could send them to someone to post them on here. ALL MALLARDS

Re: Bois d'Arc - 07/29/22 07:27 PM

I guess that wetland you have to park your boat and walk in, or paddle a kayak all the way. No way I paddle a kayak that far.

Re: Bois d'Arc - 07/29/22 08:31 PM

Maybe when we are done talking about this Sniper can delete this thread. smile ani

Re: Bois d'Arc - 07/29/22 08:46 PM

I assume there will be access to the wetlands right off 82.

Re: Bois d'Arc - 07/29/22 08:48 PM

Pics from Kodyjoe.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Bois d'Arc - 07/29/22 09:02 PM

You would think so, but..

[Linked Image]

Maybe they just don't have that designated access spot noted on the map yet.

Re: Bois d'Arc - 07/29/22 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by ducknbass
Pics from Kodyjoe.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

mohunter is gonna be really pissed now. popcorn
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Bois d'Arc - 07/29/22 09:05 PM

Whomever decided to lease that to the state this year made a bad mistake. I guarantee you I could get my boat into that lake without trespassing or breaking a law. Then you’ve got knots tied.

No body cares about your paddle boarding

Re: Bois d'Arc - 07/29/22 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

No body cares about your paddle boarding

rofl

Re: Bois d'Arc - 07/29/22 10:59 PM

I don’t know what you limp wristed colleyville bros do to get on the water. But there are few things I’m not built for coordination wise. One is that.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Bois d'Arc - 07/30/22 11:01 PM

I don’t know what you limp wristed colleyville bros do to get on the water. But there are few things I’m not built for coordination wise. One is that.

What ever you say.

Make sure and use USP 50 sunscreen
Posted By: Mr. Jeem

Re: Bois d'Arc - 07/31/22 03:58 PM

The Dallas Morning News had a article about it in the sports section today. Depending on rain, it sounds like it won't be open until next spring.

Re: Bois d'Arc - 07/31/22 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Guy

[Linked Image]

What they should do is make that wetland area a limited access draw hunt so people can have a uncrowded hunt.

But none the less, I dont see how the lake will be huntable this year.

It would be fun to be up there opening day to see how many topwaters show up to hunt to find the ramps closed.
Posted By: TDK

Re: Bois d'Arc - 08/02/22 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Guy

[Linked Image]

What they should do is make that wetland area a limited access draw hunt so people can have a uncrowded hunt.

But none the less, I dont see how the lake will be huntable this year.

It would be fun to be up there opening day to see how many topwaters show up to hunt to find the ramps closed.

TPWD will make a Facebook post the day before stating that they will be patrolling the lake by boat to make sure you aren’t out there in your boat. It’s for your safety.

Re: Bois d'Arc - 08/13/22 03:02 AM

I sure would like to see them implement a HP restriction on this lake. Its a relatively small lake. Limit HP to 25hp or smaller in the hunting zone.

Re: Bois d'Arc - 08/13/22 11:20 AM

Again. Take your hippie crap to California.
Posted By: Wytex

Re: Bois d'Arc - 08/13/22 02:38 PM

I'm confused, a HP limit is hippie crap ?
Makes sense on a lot of smaller lakes, and we're for sure not California types up here where we have them on some lakes.
Posted By: 68A

Re: Bois d'Arc - 08/13/22 04:05 PM

16,600 acres isn’t what I’d consider a smaller lake. Not on board with HP restrictions either.

Re: Bois d'Arc - 08/13/22 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by 68A
16,600 acres isn’t what I’d consider a smaller lake. Not on board with HP restrictions either.

Yes 16k acre lake, with 5,300 acres that are huntable, assuming lakes at full capacity.

Anymore than 10 boats in there and things start getting tight. Factor in the lake runs east&west and with a south or north wind your probably looking at a boat every 4-500 yards along the leeward shore line.

To me thats not the experience I'm looking for. 25hp restrictions will keep a number of people out of the hunting zone, including bass boats.
Posted By: Wytex

Re: Bois d'Arc - 08/13/22 04:54 PM

I had no idea of the size of Bois d'Arc but I can tell you HP restrictions work well on small lakes up here.
I'm talking small though.
Folks can have their bigger motors on the boat must only use the smaller kicker motors on the restricted waters.
We have some 15hp lakes and may even have some lower restrictions up here.

Re: Bois d'Arc - 08/13/22 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by 68A

Yes 16k acre lake, with 5,300 acres that are huntable, assuming lakes at full capacity.

Anymore than 10 boats in there and things start getting tight. Factor in the lake runs east&west and with a south or north wind your probably looking at a boat every 4-500 yards along the leeward shore line.

To me thats not the experience I'm looking for. 25hp restrictions will keep a number of people out of the hunting zone, including bass boats.

Why stop at HP restrictions? Limit it to kayaks and trolling motors only. Since we’re there, throw in a guest policy as well, 2 people per boat. If a person hunts out of a kayak or smaller boat, there are smaller public hunting areas in Tx that I can agree with your idea. This is not one of them. If you really believe by limiting it to 25 hp or less is gonna keep the crowd out, you’ve got another thing coming. Every high school kid in the area has a busted up flat bottom with a copperhead.

Re: Bois d'Arc - 08/13/22 07:53 PM

Everything southwest of the boat lane is uncleared timber with no boat lanes so I doubt many are going to be running faster than a 25hp can run anyway. The wetlands unit is already designated for no motorized craft. The one boat lane is huge, but it looks like the only thing that is cleared at all below 897 is that boat lane. Not to mention there is almost no water west of 897 yet.

Considering the timing of the new lake flooding all that vegetation as it slowly fills during hunting season. And essentially a sanctuary considering it's not likely going to have enough water to allow hunter access yet. There are probably new or restored wetlands within the mitigation site too. I wonder if it all will short stop a lot of waterfowl and put a hurt on the hunting in areas south of there? At least in the short term.

Re: Bois d'Arc - 08/13/22 09:15 PM

Everything southwest of the boat lane is uncleared timber with no boat lanes so I doubt many are going to be running faster than a 25hp can run anyway. The wetlands unit is already designated for no motorized craft. The one boat lane is huge, but it looks like the only thing that is cleared at all below 897 is that boat lane. Not to mention there is almost no water west of 897 yet.

Considering the timing of the new lake flooding all that vegetation as it slowly fills during hunting season. And essentially a sanctuary considering it's not likely going to have enough water to allow hunter access yet. There are probably new or restored wetlands within the mitigation site too. I wonder if it all will short stop a lot of waterfowl and put a hurt on the hunting in areas south of there? At least in the short term.

It has affected hunting in the area (last year). NTWMD is happy to have it as a refuge in the interim. It held a lot of ducks last year. I’ve flown over it a few times in the last 12-18 months and it is a prime sanctuary.

Re: Bois d'Arc - 08/13/22 09:52 PM

Yep I'm well aware it held alot of ducks last year. It will hold alot of ducks this year to.

But once it opens for hunting, then what? Does it get over hunted and shot out within a week? Then it just turns into every other lake in north texas, can be good on big front days, but other than that expect alot of hunters and low bird numbers.

I get it, I dont want alot of rules and regulations either. I'm just suggesting ways that we might be able to have a lake that is different than the other lakes in the area. Might have a chance to have lower hunting pressure, better bird numbers, and a better hunting experience.

Re: Bois d'Arc - 08/13/22 09:56 PM

I bet it effects it long term as well. There are two mitigation areas near the lake about equal to the size of the lake.

The mitigation plan includes planting more than five million trees and restoring or enhancing 8,500 acres of wetlands and 69 miles of stream channels. Once completed, this will be one of the largest approved mitigation efforts in the U.S. for a single permitted project.
https://boisdarclake.org/construction/environmental-improvements/bois-darc-lake-area-improvements/

Re: Bois d'Arc - 08/13/22 10:31 PM

Yep I'm well aware it held alot of ducks last year. It will hold alot of ducks this year to.

But once it opens for hunting, then what? Does it get over hunted and shot out within a week? Then it just turns into every other lake in north texas, can be good on big front days, but other than that expect alot of hunters and low bird numbers.

I get it, I dont want alot of rules and regulations either. I'm just suggesting ways that we might be able to have a lake that is different than the other lakes in the area. Might have a chance to have lower hunting pressure, better bird numbers, and a better hunting experience.

100% agree but instead of one lake, I’m thinking on a much larger scale. I would like to see TPW put more emphasis on duck hunting. It’s Texas though and the WT is king. There are projects that are being mishandled, or not handled at all really. Can’t put all the blame on TPW, though. I get it, 95% privately owned but we could do so much better with what we do have. I could rattle off a couple of places that, as you said, could be turned into draw hunt areas. For whatever reason TPW doesn’t collaborate (or maybe they’ve tried and I’m just not aware) with controlling authorities. I think our frustrations and concerns are mutual.

Re: Bois d'Arc - 08/13/22 10:48 PM

Yes hp restrictions and you cheap dudes will have a regular ole bayou meta all to yourself in fannin county. bs

There is no good argument for hp restrictions on any lake in north Texas. Just stop with your hippie pipe dream. Yes wytex I said hippie California crap.

Re: Bois d'Arc - 08/13/22 11:02 PM

Yes hp restrictions and you cheap dudes will have a regular ole bayou meta all to yourself in fannin county. bs

There is no good argument for hp restrictions on any lake in north Texas. Just stop with your hippie pipe dream. Yes wytex I said hippie California crap.

He is trolling y'all. wink Don't bite. Besides It's no dream. It's already there.

[Linked Image]

Ducknbass, just curious if you were ever able to make that paddle through the mitigation area or new lake area before they started working on it? It would have been a challenge, but I would have enjoyed trying if I had the the time away from other trips back then.

Re: Bois d'Arc - 08/14/22 12:45 AM

They should limit it to 7hp. And also SBEII only. smile ani

Re: Bois d'Arc - 08/14/22 01:22 AM

I’ll have a 250 on it the day it opens up

Re: Bois d'Arc - 08/14/22 07:22 PM

He is trolling y'all. wink Don't bite. Besides It's no dream. It's already there.

[Linked Image]

Ducknbass, just curious if you were ever able to make that paddle through the mitigation area or new lake area before they started working on it? It would have been a challenge, but I would have enjoyed trying if I had the the time away from other trips back then.

I’m not trolling. I feel very strongly about hippium. Not for it anywhere in any form.

You’d have to have caught that creek just right to paddle it. I remember one of those photographers that used to frequent here back in the day. Graves I think? They did a canoe trip down it and did an article about it just before the land acquisition took off strongly. They said to have grown up in that’s area.

I have run a few miles of it way up north just south of that highway that runs along the river. Water was moving I mean trucking. Most of the time I don’t think that stretch of river is even navigable via canoe. I know a couple years ago I tried to canoe a portion of it and after the 2nd port I gave up.

Re: Bois d'Arc - 08/14/22 07:29 PM

https://handsacrosstimeproject.net/boisdarcgoodbye

Re: Bois d'Arc - 08/14/22 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by 68A

100% agree but instead of one lake, I’m thinking on a much larger scale. I would like to see TPW put more emphasis on duck hunting. It’s Texas though and the WT is king. There are projects that are being mishandled, or not handled at all really. Can’t put all the blame on TPW, though. I get it, 95% privately owned but we could do so much better with what we do have. I could rattle off a couple of places that, as you said, could be turned into draw hunt areas. For whatever reason TPW doesn’t collaborate (or maybe they’ve tried and I’m just not aware) with controlling authorities. I think our frustrations and concerns are mutual.

Agreed! I'd argue that with such little public land in texas that what we do have should be managed much better than what it is.

Re: Bois d'Arc - 08/14/22 08:02 PM

I bet it effects it long term as well. There are two mitigation areas near the lake about equal to the size of the lake.

The mitigation plan includes planting more than five million trees and restoring or enhancing 8,500 acres of wetlands and 69 miles of stream channels. Once completed, this will be one of the largest approved mitigation efforts in the U.S. for a single permitted project.
https://boisdarclake.org/construction/environmental-improvements/bois-darc-lake-area-improvements/

From what I can gather they are looking to improve the NTWMD land up north of Caddo national grasslands and the red river.

It would be nice if that became open to the public or part of the Caddo national grass lands. If it stays private with no public access than what's the point.

Re: Bois d'Arc - 08/14/22 08:05 PM

The mitigation contract at riverby ranch is a 20 year contract. I’ve heard whispers of us forest getting the land afterwards. Who knows if that’s true. Even if it is I’ll be too old to enjoy. I don’t know what else it would/ could be used for would make good sense the NTMWD to get it out of their hands less for them to deal with.
Posted By: Smokey Bear

Re: Bois d'Arc - 08/14/22 09:04 PM

I hunt some big places with HP restrictions. They limit a lot of habitat destruction by rigs with enough power to chew their way through the shallow vegetation and mud. Unfortunately regulations like that are the only effective way I have seen to protect the habitat and still allow hunting access by boat. The percentage of hunters that do not respect or maybe just don’t understand protection of habitat can be a real head scratcher. Particularly when within easy driving distance of a large urban area with high hunting pressure. There are local folks that make good money “tweaking” motors labeled 25 HP to substantially increase their HP output that beat the regs.

Re: Bois d'Arc - 08/14/22 09:11 PM

So a 15hp longtail won’t damage vegetation that a 36 hp surface drive will.. oooooooo kkkkkkkk then.

Unfortunately you can’t outlaw dumb and that’s what y’all want outlawed. If anything shut down afternoon scouting. Problem with that is we don’t have green tree reservoirs and or refuges like Arkansas and the coastal areas do. I can throw some trotline running stuff or some crappie rods in the boat and Not scouting I’m fishing. There is no magic wands and north Texas reservoirs are multi use.

All that being said I’d be perfectly okay with a draw blind situation. But TP&W ain’t gonna do that, like already said WTs rule Texas and what public lands we have aren’t managed. A few feel good laws for canoe guys aren’t gonna change that.
Posted By: Smokey Bear

Re: Bois d'Arc - 08/14/22 09:37 PM

So a 15hp longtail won’t damage vegetation that a 36 hp surface drive will.. oooooooo kkkkkkkk then.

Unfortunately you can’t outlaw dumb and that’s what y’all want outlawed. If anything shut down afternoon scouting. Problem with that is we don’t have green tree reservoirs and or refuges like Arkansas and the coastal areas do. I can throw some trotline running stuff or some crappie rods in the boat and Not scouting I’m fishing. There is no magic wands and north Texas reservoirs are multi use.

All that being said I’d be perfectly okay with a draw blind situation. But TP&W ain’t gonna do that, like already said WTs rule Texas and what public lands we have aren’t managed. A few feel good laws for canoe guys aren’t gonna change that.

Unfortunately you can’t depend on hunters to protect the habitat. I hunt alot of brackish tidal marshes. A 25 does not have the juice to power through the grass flats when it is dirt shallow. A 15 certainly does not. A bigger boat with a mud motor with enough horse power to turn a bigger prop will churn its way across it. In response to tweaking 25 HP blocks to increase HP output, prop diameter is also limited. Those regs impact the old guys like me and the fatties most. Those that don’t hold up to wading the marsh or are not willing to bow up hunt places with easier access. The young men willing to bow up to get to the best areas walk. It spreads people out and gives an advantage to the guy willing to put in the extra effort. In a lot of ways it turns the clock back to what it was before the excellent duck boats and mud motors opened up access to areas that used to require a lot of work to get at. Although I’m getting kinda old to take full advantage of it these days, I still like to see the young guys with the fitness and determination to go the extra mile to beat on them.

Re: Bois d'Arc - 08/14/22 09:50 PM

I can remember back in the day when north Texas lakes had hydrilla we would scout birds in the hydrilla through binos. Have to get there early in the morning. Push pole and paddle through a couple hundred yards of hydrilla then when it got shallow enough drag the boat through it all. We shot more birds then no doubt. I love my prodrive, I just wish I was the only person with one. roflmao
Posted By: Hailyeah

Re: Bois d'Arc - 09/12/22 05:15 PM

I was told yesterday at a boat ramp by some other hunters that Bois D Arc opened on Saturday. Not true. I received this email today

"thank you for reaching out. Bois d'Arc Lake is not yet open to the public for recreation. Unfortunately, the lake is still under construction, and it will not be open to the public for hunting, fishing or recreation this season.

You can contact the Fannin County Game Warden for more information about hunting regulations - Randolph McGee, 903-583-0708.

You can track the lake's levels on our website - https://boisdarclake.org/lake-level/.

Hope this information is helpful.

Thank you,
NTMWD Communications Department
"

Re: Bois d'Arc - 09/12/22 07:52 PM

It would have been interesting to have been around to see what happened up there over the weekend. The APH book has it listed as open for those who have the permit. The APH links on the TPWD shows it open. There is nothing on the TPWD or TPWD public hunting links indicating it is closed. There obviously is a contract with TPWD leasing the hunting management to them. Most hunters with a permit giving them access and the APH book map in hand are not going to be reading online forums, nor would have any reason to visit the lake's website, call the GW, etc. The facebook lake construction website has not had a meaningful post in weeks, mostly only has posts about how fast it is filling and says nothing about not being open for hunting. Makes you wonder how many showed up ready to hunt. Those that had boats of a type they could launch on the bank below the ramps likely launched and hunted. Or if they got there and the roads to the boat ramp parking lots were not accessible, or obvious signs posted saying the APH book is incorrect and hunting was not open yet, or personnel were there turning hunters away, or GWs writing tickets on return to the ramp, then some people would have been royally pissed I am sure. Some probably drove a long ways too.

Re: Bois d'Arc - 09/12/22 08:50 PM

I drove over 897 on Saturday for the fun of it, water still a long ways from the ramp. No trucks in ramp parking lot lol. I did no try and access the ramp, but I suspect there is a gate blocking access to the ramp/parking lot, should be obvious the lake is closed.
Posted By: Cochise

Re: Bois d'Arc - 08/16/23 08:46 PM

So what's the story on this? NTMWD said they'd open the lake at 524' (ramps functional) - lake has been well over that for most of this year.

Re: Bois d'Arc - 08/16/23 08:51 PM

https://www.beaumontenterprise.com/...arc-lake-texas-newest-major-18109260.php

Doubt this season.

Re: Bois d'Arc - 08/16/23 09:06 PM

So why do they keep moving the goal post? First it was 524' - ramps are fully functional - that is from NTMWD early last year. This year they move the goal post to 532'? Typical for a government entity I guess.

Re: Bois d'Arc - 08/16/23 09:06 PM

After reading that article, I wonder what their position will be on closing the lake back down after water levels receed during droughts since they've been so slow to open the lake.

Re: Bois d'Arc - 08/16/23 10:15 PM

Probably NTWMD board members, friends and family having too much fun on their private fishing/hunting lake.

Re: Bois d'Arc - 08/16/23 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by 68A
Probably NTWMD board members, friends and family having too much fun on their private fishing/hunting lake.

Happens more than you think. We’ve got a city lake here in Edgewood that was a heck of a little duck hunting lake (and crappie too). It was getting a little too crowded for the powers that be so that snuffed public access about 8 years ago. They’ve given every excuse under the sun as to why they closed it - still gets hunted by the local PD and ex city officials - they’ve built them a nice drive in duck blind that was NOT there when it was public. Won’t ever be open again so I don’t mind naming it. Tax dollars bought the lake and tax dollars maintain it - complete BS. No private property touches the lake and there is no leaseback - but yet there’s a dock on it too that didn’t exist in the public days. The locals get butt hurt quick when they get called out on it.

Re: Bois d'Arc - 08/17/23 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Cochise
So what's the story on this? NTMWD said they'd open the lake at 524' (ramps functional) - lake has been well over that for most of this year.

I know many folks at the district and I’ve always been told when it’s full. Not anything less.

Re: Bois d'Arc - 08/18/23 02:56 AM

Duck and bass is all over it, he probably already got his spots picked out. smile ani

Re: Bois d'Arc - 08/18/23 03:03 AM

I think the last things I read on Bois d'Arc facebook group that has a lot of area residents as members was that the lake was still 3 ft low, that water was already being drawn from the lake, and it would probably be spring or later before it opens to the public. Might or might not be true. Just passing on the gossip. Like last season, I seriously doubt there will be any duck hunting on it this season. If I remember this lake will have no bank access or shoreline hunting and will only be accessible by three designated boat ramps that are not near the upper end of the lake. I would not be surprised if that lake this year just like a big sanctuary short stops a few ducks.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum