Texas Hunting Forum

Best place for Sandhill Cranes

Posted By: Hondo

Best place for Sandhill Cranes - 03/30/22 08:19 PM

Want to book a place to hunt Sandhill Cranes this fall. Where do you recommend in Texas or Oklahoma?
Posted By: ducknbass

Re: Best place for Sandhill Cranes - 03/30/22 08:57 PM

We had a bang up hunt north of Lubbock near Olton last year. 6 and a 7 man Saturday and Sunday. Was a great time.

Gonna try and something closer this year.
Posted By: ken starling

Re: Best place for Sandhill Cranes - 03/30/22 09:37 PM

Been to panhandle and Wichita Falls. Both are great spots. Never been to Oklahoma but we are real close when we hunt in Wichita.

Muddy Water Outfitters is who we use. There are others that will chime in with guides as well. Find the one that fits you and your crew and enjoy.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Best place for Sandhill Cranes - 03/31/22 01:47 PM

I would stay in Texas, unless you already hunt OK license cost being one reason. Plenty of cranes come to Texas. I have never targeted cranes for the hunt but have taken several while goose hunting. The last 2 were at the deer lease that would fly low enough for pass shooting on their way to a large wheat field, got 2 that morning.
Posted By: Gill_97

Re: Best place for Sandhill Cranes - 04/19/22 08:18 PM

texas panhandle. tule creek outfitters is who I go with.
Posted By: AustinBush

Re: Best place for Sandhill Cranes - 07/14/22 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Gill_97
texas panhandle. tule creek outfitters is who I go with.

Have you stayed at their lodge? I've been looking for an outfitter with a lodge for a group hunt I am trying to get booked for this season.
Posted By: BradyBuck

Re: Best place for Sandhill Cranes - 07/15/22 12:46 AM

Final Decent Guide Service
Lubbock

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Revoman

Re: Best place for Sandhill Cranes - 07/18/22 03:19 PM

Fowl Plains Outfitters near Hale Center. They have a lodge in a converted cotton gin that a friend of mine owns. They are good on crane and geese. Going to be an iffy year due to the drought. All the playa lakes are dry. That could change in the Fall. Forecast doesn't look good.
Posted By: AustinBush

Re: Best place for Sandhill Cranes - 07/19/22 02:43 AM

Originally Posted by Revoman
Fowl Plains Outfitters near Hale Center. They have a lodge in a converted cotton gin that a friend of mine owns. They are good on crane and geese.

I will check them out. You know how much they charge for lodging?
Posted By: Revoman

Re: Best place for Sandhill Cranes - 07/19/22 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by AustinBush
Originally Posted by Revoman
Fowl Plains Outfitters near Hale Center. They have a lodge in a converted cotton gin that a friend of mine owns. They are good on crane and geese.

I will check them out. You know how much they charge for lodging?

You would have to discuss that with them. I had one of their cards but can't find it. I'm sure you can do a search on them
Posted By: migr8tr

Re: Best place for Sandhill Cranes - 07/20/22 05:44 PM

Blackfoot has limited openings with lodging .
Posted By: JoeyD

Re: Best place for Sandhill Cranes - 07/27/22 12:22 PM

Tracking...gotta go this year!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum