Texas Hunting Forum

List of Duck Clubs in Texas

Posted By: Matagorda Mud Pig

List of Duck Clubs in Texas - 12/17/21 04:56 PM

By any chance has someone compiled a list of duck clubs in Texas? If not, I can post the one's I know about, but if someone has done the work already, I'd just like to see the list. I'm looking for next fall, but want to get a jump on it now.
Posted By: 2flyfish4

Re: List of Duck Clubs in Texas - 12/17/21 05:03 PM

I know the good ones have wait list that will take years for them to finally reach you.

I am not aware of any.list

Re: List of Duck Clubs in Texas - 12/17/21 05:24 PM

Well, might as well start one. The one's around me are:

https://thunderbirdhuntingclub.com/

https://www.bhcwaterfowl.org/

https://www.labahiaoutfitters.com/

https://www.ricelandwaterfowlclub.com/page-index.html

https://www.bucksnag.com/

These are the one's I know about. 2flyfish4, as far as I can tell, all of these have openings.

Re: List of Duck Clubs in Texas - 12/22/21 02:06 PM

I guess everyone thinks this should be a secret, or there aren't many. Oh well. Actually, I usually kill more on public than the few clubs I've hunted. Mainly, clubs just mean I don't have to wake up as early. We need some birds down here in Matagorda County.
Posted By: claypool

Re: List of Duck Clubs in Texas - 12/23/21 02:57 AM

Man, I don’t know of any clubs, at least not in north Texas. There are several of what I call duck farms up here. But not clubs. These places have lodging, meals and will take you on a guided hunt. Often expensive.

Re: List of Duck Clubs in Texas - 12/27/21 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by claypool
Man, I don’t know of any clubs, at least not in north Texas. There are several of what I call duck farms up here. But not clubs. These places have lodging, meals and will take you on a guided hunt. Often expensive.

Yea when I was living north I never heard of any either. Maybe its just a Houston area thing. I was hoping this would open up some options for me, but apparently there just aren't that many.
Posted By: Baldpate

Re: List of Duck Clubs in Texas - 12/27/21 06:51 PM

Matagorda Mud Pig - Glad to see that the Bucksnag is still operating . Went there many times in the 80's and early 90's. Had some fantastic hunts over "rag " ( diaper) spreads. I remember that the guides called Snow Geese "Sky Carp" because there were so many and so easy decoy - no more !!! It could be freezing outside and you'd burn up in those 3rd floor rooms, and the ladies who cooked used butter on everything. It's where I saw my first voice and whistle command trained hunting retriever and that started me on the road to get a great one that went to the Master Nationals HRC. Buried a 4x4 Tahoe up to the axles and had to have the rice farmer pull us out ( it was the guides idea!) and we got the first Mossburg 835 UltiMags choked for steel to whack those high fliers - 'bout took your head off with 31/2" F and T shot ! Great memories .
Posted By: OTL91

Re: List of Duck Clubs in Texas - 12/27/21 07:36 PM

Seabreeze Hunting Club just south of Winnie, Texas.

Re: List of Duck Clubs in Texas - 12/28/21 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Baldpate
Matagorda Mud Pig - Glad to see that the Bucksnag is still operating . Went there many times in the 80's and early 90's. Had some fantastic hunts over "rag " ( diaper) spreads. I remember that the guides called Snow Geese "Sky Carp" because there were so many and so easy decoy - no more !!! It could be freezing outside and you'd burn up in those 3rd floor rooms, and the ladies who cooked used butter on everything. It's where I saw my first voice and whistle command trained hunting retriever and that started me on the road to get a great one that went to the Master Nationals HRC. Buried a 4x4 Tahoe up to the axles and had to have the rice farmer pull us out ( it was the guides idea!) and we got the first Mossburg 835 UltiMags choked for steel to whack those high fliers - 'bout took your head off with 31/2" F and T shot ! Great memories .

Sounds like a lot of fun. If you goose hunt long enough, mistakes will be made in mud.
Posted By: goosebuster

Re: List of Duck Clubs in Texas - 12/29/21 02:39 PM

I have hunted the Bucksnag once as a guest, of course, and it was just a cool place to walk around in the lodge. So many old mounts and you could feel the history of the area all around you. Food was off the charts, and it was all about the experience. Our hunt we had wasn't that great, but it was about more than that.
Posted By: Banded Drake Ranch

Re: List of Duck Clubs in Texas - 03/10/23 01:37 PM

Hi All,

I just recently signed up for this forum. I am the owner of the Banded Drake Ranch. We are located in Telephone , TX. We are in the heart of some serious duck ground. We are 3 miles off the red river and surrounded by thousand and thousand of acres of duck habitat. We are 1 mile away from the famous Pintail Farms. We are almost completed with our build out. We are a private club offering equity ownertship to the right individuals. We offer 5300 sf lodge, private bedroom, full amenities including game cleaning building, 12 stands of skeet shooting. We have fishing ponds, putting green, hot shoes, outdoor cantina bar, indoor cantina, a massive pool and hot tub, a separate 8500 sf lodge. This marsh has been established in wrp for 30 years and is one of the best marshes if not the best marsh in Fannin County. We have boat sloughs that allow up to boat to our blinds. We have over 16 established blinds on the property today.

You can find us on Facebook at BANDED DRAKE RANCH LLC.

We are currently looking for 5/7 equity partners with a buy in of $600k.

Please let me know if you have any questions I can answer. You will not be disappointed by this place. It is a true club environment looking for other like minded, affluent members.

Thanks for looking,
Matt
Owner
925-705-1032
Posted By: BDB

Re: List of Duck Clubs in Texas - 03/10/23 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by Banded Drake Ranch
Hi All,

I just recently signed up for this forum. I am the owner of the Banded Drake Ranch. We are located in Telephone , TX. We are in the heart of some serious duck ground. We are 3 miles off the red river and surrounded by thousand and thousand of acres of duck habitat. We are 1 mile away from the famous Pintail Farms. We are almost completed with our build out. We are a private club offering equity ownertship to the right individuals. We offer 5300 sf lodge, private bedroom, full amenities including game cleaning building, 12 stands of skeet shooting. We have fishing ponds, putting green, hot shoes, outdoor cantina bar, indoor cantina, a massive pool and hot tub, a separate 8500 sf lodge. This marsh has been established in wrp for 30 years and is one of the best marshes if not the best marsh in Fannin County. We have boat sloughs that allow up to boat to our blinds. We have over 16 established blinds on the property today.

Please let me know if you have any questions I can answer. You will not be disappointed by this place. It is a true club environment looking for other like minded, affluent members.

Thanks for looking,
Matt
Owner
925-705-1032

I'd hang flyers from Turtle creek up to Preston hollow for some advertisement. I'm sure its a hell of a place but I'm quit sure your clientele aren't lurking here.

Is there a yearly income coming in for the equity owners at that price?
Posted By: Guy

Re: List of Duck Clubs in Texas - 03/10/23 05:18 PM

Are the hot tubs in the blinds?
Posted By: Hailyeah

Re: List of Duck Clubs in Texas - 03/10/23 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Guy

I shot dove from a hot tub. flag

Re: List of Duck Clubs in Texas - 03/10/23 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Hailyeah
Originally Posted by Guy

I shot dove from a hot tub. flag

That’s pretty impressive, but if you want to set a new world record, you need to shoot a limit of mallards from the hot tub, with a 410. Barneywho will probably do that next season.
Posted By: 2flyfish4

Re: List of Duck Clubs in Texas - 03/10/23 07:07 PM

I could be way off, but for $600k I think you could go to Kansas and build your own deal like Barneywho. Should be able to get 200+/- areas for $400-$450k and then spend $150k-$200k to for the dirt work and the well. And you'd actually have mallard ducks to hunt.
Posted By: Gringo Bling

Re: List of Duck Clubs in Texas - 03/10/23 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by 2flyfish4
I could be way off, but for $600k I think you could go to Kansas and build your own deal like Barneywho. Should be able to get 200+/- areas for $400-$450k and then spend $150k-$200k to for the dirt work and the well. And you'd actually have mallard ducks to hunt.

And none of the amenities he listed, "5300 sf lodge, private bedroom, full amenities including game cleaning building, 12 stands of skeet shooting. We have fishing ponds, putting green, hot shoes, outdoor cantina bar, indoor cantina, a massive pool and hot tub, a separate 8500 sf lodge." Not too mention, lot harder to make weekend trips 8 hours to Kansas vs. 2 hours from DFW. Sounds expensive and there are probably hefty annual dues, but nice things don't come cheap.

Re: List of Duck Clubs in Texas - 03/10/23 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Gringo Bling

And none of the amenities he listed, "5300 sf lodge, private bedroom, full amenities including game cleaning building, 12 stands of skeet shooting. We have fishing ponds, putting green, hot shoes, outdoor cantina bar, indoor cantina, a massive pool and hot tub, a separate 8500 sf lodge." Not too mention, lot harder to make weekend trips 8 hours to Kansas vs. 2 hours from DFW. Sounds expensive and there are probably hefty annual dues, but nice things don't come cheap.

The problem is Barneywho's place is going to be short stopping all the ducks. bang

Re: List of Duck Clubs in Texas - 03/11/23 12:46 AM

Yes, There is an income component to this as well. Thanks for the feedback.

Re: List of Duck Clubs in Texas - 03/11/23 01:01 AM

Gringo bling,

You hit the nail on the head. It is not only the hunting, but a fantastic place to get away within an hour and fifteen to 2 hours depending on your location. I am in Prosper and it takes just a little over an hour and ten. The amenities and the real estate are what you are also buying into, in addition to the fantastic duck hunting. Did i mention we are covered in hogs and deer as well? We back up to the Caddo National Grasslands, so we get all sorts of game/predators that come off the GOV land and utilize our property.

This place is actually a steal for the value you receive in return. Dues are initially around 10/12K annually. The goal being to have zero annual dues, due to revenue offset. That might take a year or two to get to full steam.

If anyone is interested in learning more or having a discussion, please feel free to contact me directly at Bandeddrakeranch@gmail.com.

Thanks,
Matt

PS: No hot tubs yet in the blinds, yet..... smile. We have contacted concealed comfort for a hot tub model...Stay tuned. hahaha

Re: List of Duck Clubs in Texas - 03/11/23 01:43 AM

Post some pix Matt! We love pix!!
Posted By: DocHorton

Re: List of Duck Clubs in Texas - 03/11/23 02:59 AM

Yes, need pics. How many acres?

Re: List of Duck Clubs in Texas - 03/11/23 03:14 PM

Guys, being a newbie here, help a guy out. Not sure how I add a pic or video? Feel
Free to also look on Facebook or the web under Banded Drake Ranch.

Today it is 185 acres and we are looking at adding another 232. Depending on appetite of other investors, I have other land that can be acquired and we can go up to 13 total owners when we get to that 400 plus acres.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[img]https://texashuntingforum.com/forum...28eee73_a900_4eec_b174_9742f82810c1.jpeg[/img]
[img]https://texashuntingforum.com/forum...fd42c7b_d7c5_4ea8_a16a_6702966bac6e.jpeg[/img]
[img]https://texashuntingforum.com/forum...fcade9d_b24a_4ce0_ae3d_b9d6981fd5a7.jpeg[/img]
[img]https://texashuntingforum.com/forum...f919c7b_3b5d_4c48_a08f_59dd282b856a.jpeg[/img]

Re: List of Duck Clubs in Texas - 03/11/23 03:51 PM

Looks incredible. If it were more of a deer place and the markets weren’t going to sh!t, I’d be interested.

Re: List of Duck Clubs in Texas - 03/11/23 03:55 PM

Oh we have deer…. Lots of deer. I am personally not a deer hunter, but we have 2 stands currently and we have a lot of deer photos from the cams since we put them out. But yes, we are a duck first property.

Re: List of Duck Clubs in Texas - 03/11/23 05:24 PM

This is a really good pic. Looks great. What are those 5 bodies of water for, you hunt those or use them to flood the marsh?

[Linked Image]

Re: List of Duck Clubs in Texas - 03/12/23 05:16 AM

Hi guy,

Thanks. We do both with those ponds. We have 6 ponds each progressively lower than the other. There are 4 island blinds there. This photo is kinda old as we have since added 3 more big collection ponds and the other lodges, amenities etc. I need to take the drone up and get some updated photos tomorrow.

Re: List of Duck Clubs in Texas - 03/13/23 02:24 AM

PM Bobo I just read in OT he has $100k a year hunting budget, he might make the club. Not for me, I'm a low life public hunter, me and my dog like it tho. Even if I was loaded, I hunt to get away from crowds, I'm not into the country club thing. Good luck with it, looks like a great place. cheers

Re: List of Duck Clubs in Texas - 03/13/23 04:03 AM

Originally Posted by Banded Drake Ranch
Hi All,

We are a private club offering equity ownertship to the right individuals. We offer 5300 sf lodge, private bedroom, full amenities including game cleaning building, 12 stands of skeet shooting. We have fishing ponds, putting green, hot shoes, outdoor cantina bar, indoor cantina, a massive pool and hot tub, a separate 8500 sf lodge.

WTH are hot shoes?
No doubt it’s a beautiful place, but there is a part of me that thinks if you need all that, you are missing the point of being in the outdoors. But then I am not one of the ultra wealthy. Lots of duck farms in that area these days.
Posted By: cody5thou

Re: List of Duck Clubs in Texas - 03/13/23 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Guy
This is a really good pic. Looks great. What are those 5 bodies of water for, you hunt those or use them to flood the marsh?

[Linked Image]

Love the picture! One of a kind in North Texas.

Re: List of Duck Clubs in Texas - 03/13/23 08:46 PM

WTH are hot shoes?

I would assume he meant horseshoes.
Posted By: BarneyWho

Re: List of Duck Clubs in Texas - 03/14/23 03:33 AM

If you find land in KS for $2250/acre with water rights and don't want it, message me!!!!!!! smile

Re: List of Duck Clubs in Texas - 03/18/23 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Gringo Bling

WTH are hot shoes?

I would assume he meant horseshoes.

Okay. Makes sense I guess.

I have long said there is no limit to the amount of money a man will spend to kill a duck. Toss in a game of horse shoes and who could resist.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum