Texas Hunting Forum

Well?

Posted By: Sniper John

Well? - 11/13/21 07:09 PM

Opening morning reports for those of us stuck at home today? Pictures?

It will probably be a big wood duck year for me once I get out there. Last week scouting one of my spots, it had more wood ducks present on it than I have seen in years.
Posted By: ken starling

Re: Well? - 11/13/21 07:19 PM

13 between 3 of us. Mixed bag all puddle ducks.
Posted By: Twisted Mallard HC

Re: Well? - 11/13/21 07:45 PM

[Linked Image]

Lots and lots of Green Wing. 29 Greenwing and one lonesome Mallard Drake…
Posted By: 2flyfish4

Re: Well? - 11/13/21 08:03 PM

Super slow for me. 1 gwt, almost all the reports I'm seeing a slow as well. Gwt and wood ducks is most of what I'm seeing.
Posted By: spacejunkie

Re: Well? - 11/13/21 08:49 PM

[quote=Twisted Mallard HC][Linked Image]

Lots and lots of Green Wing. 29 Greenwing and one lonesome Mallard Drake…

up
Posted By: Hopedale

Re: Well? - 11/13/21 09:30 PM

bang

[Linked Image]
Posted By: ken starling

Re: Well? - 11/13/21 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by ken starling

[Linked Image]
Posted By: ducknbass

Re: Well? - 11/13/21 10:19 PM

One of the better openers I’ve had in a while. Bunch of birds.
Posted By: Guy

Re: Well? - 11/13/21 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by Hopedale
bang

[Linked Image]

That’s what you get for hunting private. roflmao
Posted By: DUKFVR

Re: Well? - 11/13/21 10:46 PM

Slow in my part of young county. 2 of us ended up with 7
Posted By: BigLou

Re: Well? - 11/14/21 01:20 AM

rough day on lake grapevine. lots of high-flying ducks and lots of pass shooters...
Posted By: jnd59

Re: Well? - 11/14/21 07:17 AM

Good opener...if I could shoot better. Mostly grays and one lone wood duck. Only two decoyed but then, as crowded as it was I didn't wait for them to circle back if they came by close. Ended up with 4. Hunted a little wooded cove I've looked at before but never explored. Saw birds dumping into a hole that i need to explore. Claimed my spot about 4pm Friday. All the usual suspects were already taken. Forgot my sleeping bag so a very cold night in the boat until the traffic slowed down about 2 and I could sneak back to the ramp and get it. On way back to my spread I lost my front spot lights so that was fun. All in all a good day. Grays weren't too fat but that's kind of normal for my area. Saw a canvasback while scouting Friday and about a thousand birds heading south. They'd gotten up somewhere close as they weren't at cruising altitude yet. Didn't see as many water turkeys as in the past but then I didn't have a full view. Decent number of teal flying around. I didn't see any mallards. I was out of bismuth. All bird required a finishing shot.
Posted By: machine73

Re: Well? - 11/14/21 11:42 PM

Starting to figure it out. 3 blue wings and a gadwall.
Posted By: HVILLE HNTR

Re: Well? - 11/15/21 12:50 AM

bang

[Linked Image]

So what’s the story? You were told you could hunt there and then they locked you out without any type of notification?
Posted By: Greekangler

Re: Well? - 11/15/21 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by BigLou
rough day on lake grapevine. lots of high-flying ducks and lots of pass shooters...

Public getting tougher and tougher. Many enjoy it- gotta dig deeper

We got 14 3 guns mainly gadwalls and 3 mallard drakes- today solo I shot 2 greaters.
Posted By: OTL91

Re: Well? - 11/15/21 01:16 AM

John Paul is anxiously awaiting K Woods opener report. Wants to see if divebombs really work
Posted By: Hopedale

Re: Well? - 11/15/21 02:05 AM

Originally Posted by HVILLE HNTR
bang

[Linked Image]

So what’s the story? You were told you could hunt there and then they locked you out without any type of notification?

The Owner had to change the combination. To many folks he hadn't given permission to fish his place had the combination. He has given us the new combination and assured us we can come again.
Posted By: wal1809

Re: Well? - 11/15/21 03:20 PM

[Linked Image]

Stale cracker is that you on the left?
Posted By: BDB

Re: Well? - 11/16/21 10:33 PM

13 between 3 of us but should have had a couple more. Not a bad opener but not what I was hoping for either. Mostly mallards and teal
Posted By: Guy

Re: Well? - 11/17/21 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by BDB
13 between 3 of us but should have had a couple more. Not a bad opener but not what I was hoping for either. Mostly mallards and teal

No pics, didn't happen.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum