Texas Hunting Forum

Momarsh atx invisilay

Posted By: KWood_TSU

Momarsh atx invisilay - 10/28/21 02:01 AM

I just picked one of these up, and while I have yet to hunt from it, I'm excited to give this thing a try. In all honesty, it's just a sleeping cot with a layout blind on top of it. I think if you are to brush it up with cattails you can hunt a mudflat successfully.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 2flyfish4

Re: Momarsh atx invisilay - 10/28/21 02:04 AM

Yep I ve got the invisaman and invisalab and really like them.

Re: Momarsh atx invisilay - 10/28/21 02:15 AM

Originally Posted by 2flyfish4
Yep I ve got the invisaman and invisalab and really like them.

Aldo will be getting an invisalab himself. He's not being hunted this year though, so I can wait on it.

Re: Momarsh atx invisilay - 10/28/21 02:18 AM

Get you some flat spray paint and dust that blind with it. It will take the shine right off it and is a whole lot easier to use spray paint over mudding.
Posted By: 68A

Re: Momarsh atx invisilay - 10/28/21 02:49 AM

They are nice but heavy. 2 buddies had them and both sold them a few weeks ago after only having them one season.

Re: Momarsh atx invisilay - 10/28/21 03:14 AM

I'm thinking of adding a invisachair to the arsenal
Posted By: john paul

Re: Momarsh atx invisilay - 10/28/21 01:26 PM

Rookie move. Should have got the invisiman. Those are a nightmare getting in and out of.

Re: Momarsh atx invisilay - 10/28/21 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by john paul
Rookie move. Should have got the invisiman. Those are a nightmare getting in and out of.

I hunt fields too, so I got one to fit all needs.
Posted By: Guy

Re: Momarsh atx invisilay - 10/28/21 03:16 PM

If you hunt private water you can have fun with something like that. Public, hauling that thing around would not be practical. I have also got to the point where I hate hunting in layout set up and having to pop up out of doors, that is just me tho. I prefer my cheap gamewinner dove stools with the pouch cut off. They are very versatile..This $7 one is my favorite.

[Linked Image]

Re: Momarsh atx invisilay - 10/28/21 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Guy
If you hunt private water you can have fun with something like that. Public, hauling that thing around would not be practical. I have also got to the point where I hate hunting in layout set up and having to pop up out of doors, that is just me tho. I prefer my cheap gamewinner dove stools with the pouch cut off. They are very versatile..This $7 one is my favorite.

[Linked Image]

Same here, thats why I'm looking at adding the invisachair.
Posted By: goosebuster

Re: Momarsh atx invisilay - 10/28/21 06:29 PM

that might make a good back rest for a goose spread....hmmmm going to try that one.
Posted By: OTL91

Re: Momarsh atx invisilay - 10/28/21 08:07 PM

I have been hunting from Invislays/Invisimans exclusively for close to 5/3 years respectively. John Paul is right, the Invisiman is more versatile, lighter, and requires 1/3 of the amount of brush. I have hunted them in fields, marshes, sandbars, etc just like I do the Invisilay. For those of you looking at the Invisichair.... dont do it! It is awkward as all get out to shoot out of, has a super high profile, and you have to use it with the legs out unlike the Invisiman/Invisilay. I hunted out of one last year and hated it. Never understood the whole mudding the layout blind thing... if you brush it right you cant see the fabric. I recommend a backboard and a ghillie blanket or a regular layout if you are in a field as you can get a lower profile and they are lighter if you cannot drive in.

Re: Momarsh atx invisilay - 10/29/21 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by KWood_TSU
Originally Posted by john paul

I hunt fields too, so I got one to fit all needs.

I am also going to hunt a bare mud flat with 6-12" of water, just don't see the invisiman working.
I feel like I can many the invisilay look like a clump of cattails.

Re: Momarsh atx invisilay - 10/29/21 02:00 AM

The invisaman has a skirt on it that covers you to your knees. It does a really good job concealing you.

My concern with the invisalay is it turning into a mud bag. All the mud that will come off your boots and it won't be long before your carrying around 20lbd of mud in that thing. Plus a total PITA to clean out. Just my thoughts, I've never used one.

I recommend getting some killer grass and getting it pregrassed, then when you get to the field you just have to add alittle bit of natural vegetation and your good to go.

If we don't get some rain soon. We will all be hunting mud flats this season.

Re: Momarsh atx invisilay - 10/29/21 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by 2flyfish4
The invisaman has a skirt on it that covers you to your knees. It does a really good job concealing you.

My concern with the invisalay is it turning into a mud bag. All the mud that will come off your boots and it won't be long before your carrying around 20lbd of mud in that thing. Plus a total PITA to clean out. Just my thoughts, I've never used one.

I recommend getting some killer grass and getting it pregrassed, then when you get to the field you just have to add alittle bit of natural vegetation and your good to go.

If we don't get some rain soon. We will all be hunting mud flats this season.

It's got a zippered boot bag.
I think it'll actually be easy as i can prop the front legs up and let it drain towards the bag.

I really wanted the alps zero gravity, but that doesn't help put me in the water.
Posted By: nacgoat08

Re: Momarsh atx invisilay - 11/09/21 04:02 PM

I love my invisalab. Can't beat its versatility in the field.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum