Texas Hunting Forum

Duck isn't worth it...

Posted By: Judd

Duck isn't worth it... - 09/14/21 06:52 PM

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/nation-world/national/article254140933.html

Be careful out there fellas, terrible ending to what should've been a good outing. Prayers for his family.
Posted By: Guy

Re: Duck isn't worth it... - 09/14/21 08:16 PM

That’s terrible. Would like to hear the full story.
Posted By: Pappashack

Re: Duck isn't worth it... - 09/14/21 11:30 PM

You know it’s sad it truly is and I can’t count how many times I have swam in after one.
Prays to the family and friends.
Posted By: bobcat1

Re: Duck isn't worth it... - 09/14/21 11:34 PM

angel
Posted By: rickt300

Re: Duck isn't worth it... - 09/14/21 11:57 PM

Sad the kid died like that. Wonder why our local lefty newspaper keeps carrying articles covering out of state hunters dying?
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Duck isn't worth it... - 09/15/21 04:29 AM

Terrible. Prayers up to the family of a good young man.
Posted By: wal1809

Re: Duck isn't worth it... - 09/15/21 02:41 PM

Last year as I pulled into the canal behind my place in POC I had a brief conversation with a couple men as they were about to head out in the evening. They told me they were headed to light house cove south of POC. The news spread quickly over the next couple days. When I saw the pic of the man I knew instantly it was the man I had been talking to. Tragedy is a moment away sometimes. I put new rules on my boats. The key doesn't turn until the life jackets are on. It isn't a guarantee but it might save a life.
Posted By: HawgHater

Re: Duck isn't worth it... - 09/15/21 02:50 PM

I nearly drowned trying to retrieve a decoy that was floating away because the line wasn't long enough- it was floating away down a creek. I had a retrieving pole but stepped in a hole and water was deep. I got it but my waders were filled with water and it was intense. I knew I was an idiot and said never again be so stupid.

This is a said story. RIP young man.
Posted By: TexShooter101

Re: Duck isn't worth it... - 09/15/21 07:18 PM

yup, wearing PFD while floating on water is MUST. Just like wearing seatbelt while driving. I'm amazing that there still lots of people do not grab this basic life-saving concept.
Posted By: ElkOne

Re: Duck isn't worth it... - 09/15/21 08:52 PM

God Bless this young man, very sad
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Duck isn't worth it... - 09/18/21 06:00 PM

Every year , sad
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum