Texas Hunting Forum

21'-22' Season Dates?

Posted By: yakinthebox

21'-22' Season Dates? - 04/03/21 08:07 AM

Gents, does anyone know if they have decided the season dates for the upcoming waterfowl season?

Trying to get vacation requests in as early as possible this year. I am a shiftworker and it is by seniority/request date.

I did a quick google search and it just keeps giving me 20'-21' dates.
Posted By: ElkOne

Re: 21'-22' Season Dates? - 04/03/21 02:13 PM

I know they released them last week, but I can't remember the exact dates
Posted By: 2flyfish4

Re: 21'-22' Season Dates? - 04/03/21 04:50 PM

What zone are looking for?

Re: 21'-22' Season Dates? - 04/04/21 12:16 AM

South Zone specifically

Re: 21'-22' Season Dates? - 04/04/21 01:01 AM

South Zone specifically
Posted By: 2flyfish4

Re: 21'-22' Season Dates? - 04/04/21 01:08 AM

For south im showing
Nov 6-28
December 11 through jan 30

Re: 21'-22' Season Dates? - 04/04/21 04:07 AM

Thank you!

I really wish they would push it back some but I doubt that'll ever happen.
Posted By: Cody Malone

Re: 21'-22' Season Dates? - 04/07/21 11:09 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Lalo

Re: 21'-22' Season Dates? - 04/08/21 10:35 PM

Thanks for that, Cody Malone.
I can't for the life of me understand why TPWD keeps it a secret.
I searched for it online and found this press release which says the following: "Information currently in the online version of the Outdoor Annual reflects last season’s information. The 2021-22 season information will not be online until mid-August per usual practice."
What could possibly be the reason for that? The only thing I can possibly figure out is that TPWD figures we are not very bright, and some of us are maybe still hunting turkeys, so if they put next season's info online we will get confused. But it is not just Yakinthebox. A lot of us want to be able to plan now for the fall and winter and TPWD should be more responsive to the needs of hunters.
Posted By: claypool

Re: 21'-22' Season Dates? - 04/19/21 03:08 AM

Thank you sir
Posted By: Guy

Re: 21'-22' Season Dates? - 04/19/21 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Lalo
Thanks for that, Cody Malone.
I can't for the life of me understand why TPWD keeps it a secret.
I searched for it online and found this press release which says the following: "Information currently in the online version of the Outdoor Annual reflects last season’s information. The 2021-22 season information will not be online until mid-August per usual practice."
What could possibly be the reason for that? The only thing I can possibly figure out is that TPWD figures we are not very bright, and some of us are maybe still hunting turkeys, so if they put next season's info online we will get confused. But it is not just Yakinthebox. A lot of us want to be able to plan now for the fall and winter and TPWD should be more responsive to the needs of hunters.

I can't figure it out either. May they want to leave some wiggle room if something needs to change.
Posted By: BDB

Re: 21'-22' Season Dates? - 04/19/21 02:52 PM

Were a southern state with our seasons going well into the next year. Western states have to get there seasons finalized sooner as their seasons (big game) open sooner. Take Arizona/Wyoming....applications are due jan/early feb for their elk. Were just ending our seasons by then. Elk, Antelope, deer are all opening aug/Sept out west while were drinking beer and shooting dove.

Me and my son drew Montana elk/deer tags this year so I'm a little depressed I may be missing dove/teal this year at least in Sept. We might hunt dove opening day then give our birds/guns to family and head west by noon ....decisions decisions!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum