Texas Hunting Forum

First year posting

Posted By: spacejunkie

First year posting - 02/01/21 03:18 PM

on this page and really have enjoyed the pictures, and banter. My question is what is the conservation like until the season opens up in the fall?
Posted By: BradyBuck

Re: First year posting - 02/01/21 03:43 PM

Gets petty slow in here until September...

A few will post pics here and there from the past season.

A few questions from those interested in getting into waterfowl hunting.

Then come late August we'll discuss teal tags and where to get them for the upcoming teal season and dove numbers...

Re: First year posting - 02/01/21 03:48 PM

Anyone ever have any summer time duck calling contests? When I lived in Arkansas every now and then some of us would get together on a weekend the blow the calls and drink some suds. We also ran some dog contests to give us an excuse to get out.
Posted By: BradyBuck

Re: First year posting - 02/01/21 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by spacejunkie
Anyone ever have any summer time duck calling contests? When I lived in Arkansas every now and then some of us would get together on a weekend the blow the calls and drink some suds. We also ran some dog contests to give us an excuse to get out.

I haven't ever done the duck calling thing but I train and run dogs pretty much all year...
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: First year posting - 02/01/21 04:21 PM

I have heard of some past calling contests in East Texas, but not in a decade or more.

Re: First year posting - 02/01/21 07:08 PM

Should have written contests as "contests". LOL

It was more of a meeting to socially gather with a "little" calling going on and some serious tasting of beverages.
Posted By: tophorsecop

Re: First year posting - 02/02/21 01:15 AM

on this page and really have enjoyed the pictures, and banter. My question is what is the conservation like until the season opens up in the fall?

I read that and thought...Ducks Unlimited and Delta Waterfowl...
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum