Texas Hunting Forum

Pelican Makes A Duck Hunt

Posted By: Delta Duckman

Pelican Makes A Duck Hunt - 01/01/21 05:18 PM

As we all know 2020 was a very strange year in all aspects so there is no reason the last duck hunt of 2020 should be any different. Yesterday, 12/31/20 me and Rooster were making a duck hunt down here in SE Louisiana and a pelican landed in the pond then swam over to our boat then jumped up on the transom. After that it made its way toward the middle of the boat and stayed between us for at least 30 minutes as the video shows. Obviously in all my years of duck hunting that has never happened, but you have to be out in the marsh for things like that to happen.

We ended up shooting 2 greys, 4 teal and 1 scaup for the hunt. Considering how things have been going this season a decent hunt. The killer was while picking up ducks during the hunt three pintail went right over the decoys. We could have easily shot two of them.

Happy New Year and happy hunting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVb7moscpvE&t=3s

Posted By: Fowlhunter25

Re: Pelican Makes A Duck Hunt - 01/01/21 06:16 PM

Thats awesome!!! What away to end the year with a memorable day like that!!
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Pelican Makes A Duck Hunt - 01/04/21 03:08 PM

That’s wild. Never seen anything like that.
Posted By: WatersFowler

Re: Pelican Makes A Duck Hunt - 01/04/21 10:32 PM

That is awesome!

Wild creatures are amazing. He didn't land in our blind, but years ago I noticed what appeared to be a plane flying low over some trees a few hundred yards to the north of the blind and by the time my partner and I realized what it was, all we could do was stand and salute as a beautiful Bald Eagle swooped down to take a decoy. He only flapped his wings once as he realized plastic wasn't on the menu and he soared away. We literally just stood there at attention and watched. We said nothing until he was long gone. One for the coolest hunts for sure.
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Pelican Makes A Duck Hunt - 01/05/21 07:00 PM

lol35
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum