Texas Hunting Forum

Home of the Mallards

Posted By: ndhunter

Home of the Mallards - 12/10/20 05:07 PM

Mallards galore: Duck hunters eager to return for second season
According to the migratory bird hunting activity and harvest report published by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, hunters killed more mallards in Arkansas than anywhere else during the 2019-20 duck season. No other state comes close.

https://www.nwaonline.com/news/2020/dec/10/mallards-galore/
Posted By: jnd59

Re: Home of the Mallards - 12/10/20 09:35 PM

If I were willing to brave the madness that appears to be Arkansas I would definitely hunt there.
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Home of the Mallards - 12/10/20 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by jnd59
If I were willing to brave the madness that appears to be Arkansas I would definitely hunt there.

I grew up hunting there til I was fourteen and moved to Texas. And I can tell you, it can be just as crazy around Texas and Oklahoma. Ive been in more confrontations in Texas and Oklahoma than I was ever around in Arkansas.
Posted By: KWood_TSU

Re: Home of the Mallards - 12/11/20 02:58 AM

Originally Posted by Sinkey

I grew up hunting there til I was fourteen and moved to Texas. And I can tell you, it can be just as crazy around Texas and Oklahoma. Ive been in more confrontations in Texas and Oklahoma than I was ever around in Arkansas.

It might of been fine back in the day, but now it seems some Arkansas hunters go into an automatic rage if they see "OOSER" license plates at the boat ramp.
Posted By: spacejunkie

Re: Home of the Mallards - 12/11/20 01:26 PM

Had a number of places I could just walk into with a dozen dekes and limit out quickly and there would be no other hunters anywhere near me. Most were places I found fishing on the White and Arkansas Rivers. Be nice to be able to go back and see if they are still as good as they use to be. Mostly mallards and woodies were in those spots.

Re: Home of the Mallards - 12/11/20 05:21 PM

Land of opportunity

Ask Oxner

Re: Home of the Mallards - 12/19/20 02:40 AM

Originally Posted by ndhunter
Land of opportunity

Ask Oxner

I was looking for the pic here Bill, do you have another?
Posted By: Astater

Re: Home of the Mallards - 12/28/20 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by KWood_TSU
Originally Posted by Sinkey

It might of been fine back in the day, but now it seems some Arkansas hunters go into an automatic rage if they see "OOSER" license plates at the boat ramp.

As a native Arkansan and having spent 26 years in my home state, I can vouch for this. I hated OOS hunters coming in and over populating public lands. That said, if you worked hard enough there was enough public land that you could find the spots that the OOSers couldn't find or didn't want to work hard enough to get to. I actually miss the public hunting in Arkansas. Been in TX since 2011 and have never hunted public here...
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Home of the Mallards - 12/29/20 10:28 PM

😳

Re: Home of the Mallards - 12/30/20 12:46 AM

Which area of AR....North, South? No specific locations please.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum