Texas Hunting Forum

Blind is gone

Posted By: wal1809

Blind is gone - 12/04/20 01:03 PM

On the opener I sent my grand nephews out in my fishing boat so they could set up in our new blind. My nephew and I came along in my barge that was loaded with building materials. We were going to park the barge and walk to the blind. When we got there, NO BLIND! We looked and found no trace of a blind, not even the holes in the ground. We all suspected somebody robbed all the material. Further inspection revealed it was a high water even that pulled it to pieces and floated all of them away. Not the first blind lost and certainly not the last. We built another and flat hammered the birds out of it. I have been collecting cedar fence pickets to be used for the entire interior of the duck camp. We left the cross members on the fence pickets, cut the cross members down the center, turned the panels on their sides and screwed them to the blind cross members and posts. That weathered wood really doesn't even have to be brushed in, but we did it anyway.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: wal1809

Re: Blind is gone - 12/04/20 01:06 PM

Hogman that big blind we hunted got swept away during Harvey. I I found it about 150 yards up on the island behind its original location. When I get the airboat over there I am going to see if it can be salvaged.
Posted By: cowie14

Re: Blind is gone - 12/05/20 12:37 AM

up
Posted By: Drahthaar

Re: Blind is gone - 12/05/20 02:39 AM

Nice. Forrest
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum