Texas Hunting Forum

SE Louisiana Duck Season 2020 Opener Report

Posted By: Delta Duckman

SE Louisiana Duck Season 2020 Opener Report - 11/16/20 03:48 PM

Date hunted 11/14/20:

With warm temperatures, tide slightly above normal and a slight breeze we hit the marsh for another opening day of big duck season. We had guys in three different blinds on the duck lease. I hunted with my son and one of his friends and it started rather slow, but it was steady with some shots for us. Enjoyed letting the youngsters shoot as I was the monkey in the middle hitting the duck call trying to get ducks to work. We shot a mixed bag greys, teal, one pintail, redheads and dosgris. We hunted until 9:00 and three of us shot 17. One of the other blinds shot a two man limit 12 and the other blind shot 6. We had a rookie in the group who shot his first duck, that is always nice to see that happen.

We just don’t have opening days like we used to with a lot of ducks in the sky. I know those days are over but there is always hope.

Some of my friends hunted other areas and did well while others struggled. Location, location is king.

Date hunted 11/15/20:

Blue bird day with the tide a little higher than Saturday with very little wind. Usually there is a big drop off after opening day and this year was no different. We had guys in two blinds. Two of us in my blind shot 4 ducks and the other blind shot 6. [Linked Image]
Posted By: ndhunter

Re: SE Louisiana Duck Season 2020 Opener Report - 11/16/20 08:00 PM

Nice job in the warm weather!
Posted By: rickym

Re: SE Louisiana Duck Season 2020 Opener Report - 11/16/20 08:38 PM

Nothin to complain about there!
Posted By: Hopedale

Re: SE Louisiana Duck Season 2020 Opener Report - 11/17/20 09:06 PM

You going to have to explain to these folks what a dosgris is.

Congrats BTW.
Posted By: Delta Duckman

Re: SE Louisiana Duck Season 2020 Opener Report - 11/18/20 07:59 PM

Sorry about that - Dosgris are Lesser Scaup - Bluebills - Black Jacks
Posted By: Hopedale

Re: SE Louisiana Duck Season 2020 Opener Report - 11/22/20 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Delta Duckman
Sorry about that - Dosgris are Lesser Scaup - Bluebills - Black Jacks

up Glad ya'll found the birds. Still seems its mixed on the numbers in LA.
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: SE Louisiana Duck Season 2020 Opener Report - 11/22/20 03:13 PM

Nice
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum