Texas Hunting Forum

Anyone use Tetra hearing protection or similar?

Posted By: aggiehunter15

Anyone use Tetra hearing protection or similar? - 10/07/20 10:19 PM

Did a search and couldn't find any reviews on the forum (feel free to point me in the right direction if I simply missed it). Anyone use Tetra products or something similar? Do they work? Worth the high price tag?Do they feel secure (worried about hunting in water)? Thanks for any insight!
Posted By: Guy

Re: Anyone use Tetra hearing protection or similar? - 10/07/20 10:49 PM

I'm big on ear protection, I will not hunt without it, but no way I spending $1k on it. I been using the foam plugs for years and have always wanted to spend money on good ear protection, but my budget is like $300 max, just never seen anything yet that prods me to buy.
Posted By: takemking

Re: Anyone use Tetra hearing protection or similar? - 10/07/20 11:48 PM

I’ve used the walkers game ear muffs a number of years and always been disappointed with the ear pain I’d get halfway through a hunt from them. My wife gave me the Walker Silencer blue tooth plugs last Christmas and they’ve been great! The $300 price point was way more reasonable as well. Just as effective as the muffs. Not what you’re inquiring about but something worth suggesting.
Posted By: KWood_TSU

Re: Anyone use Tetra hearing protection or similar? - 10/07/20 11:57 PM

Look at sound gear. They're having a sale right now on their instafits.
Posted By: garrett

Re: Anyone use Tetra hearing protection or similar? - 10/08/20 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Guy
I'm big on ear protection, I will not hunt without it, but no way I spending $1k on it. I been using the foam plugs for years and have always wanted to spend money on good ear protection, but my budget is like $300 max, just never seen anything yet that prods me to buy.

Guy, check out the SureFire ear plugs...better than foam and inexpensive
Posted By: Leonardo

Re: Anyone use Tetra hearing protection or similar? - 10/08/20 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by KWood_TSU

Just made my order. $299 with discount and shipping, $100 off the advertised price.
Posted By: TBS12

Re: Anyone use Tetra hearing protection or similar? - 10/08/20 06:58 PM

Midway had some walkers ear plugs on sale for $99 this summer that I've been trying out this season. It's nice being able to talk to people in the blind without pulling out the foam ear plugs first.

Re: Anyone use Tetra hearing protection or similar? - 10/08/20 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by garrett
Originally Posted by Guy

Guy, check out the SureFire ear plugs...better than foam and inexpensive

I think I tried those. I like the foam because they are 32 rated noise reduction, the highest. But the technology I’m looking for is plugs that are completely open, when there is gun fire they completely shut. My ear doc for years has been trying to sell me these, not sure of the brand, but it’s $300. I just never have messed with it, but I want to.
Posted By: zbot11

Re: Anyone use Tetra hearing protection or similar? - 10/13/20 09:37 PM

I have SoundGear customs. I know an audiologist and was able to get a great deal on them. Not sure I would pay full price at $1k, but I've loved them. I was terrible about taking my plugs out - with these that isn't an issue.
Posted By: KWood_TSU

Re: Anyone use Tetra hearing protection or similar? - 10/13/20 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by zbot11
I have SoundGear customs. I know an audiologist and was able to get a great deal on them. Not sure I would pay full price at $1k, but I've loved them. I was terrible about taking my plugs out - with these that isn't an issue.

I've been looking at the new phantoms, I'd sure like a pair
Posted By: Reloder28

Re: Anyone use Tetra hearing protection or similar? - 10/22/20 03:29 PM

What is your hearing worth to you?

Foam ear plugs work quite well for me. For hunting I stuff one in my left ear & tie a lanyard silicone plug to my right side. When ready to shoot I stuff the corded plug in. Has worked quite well for me for decades. For shooting I stuff foam in each ear until it touches my ear drum. Once expanded I pull it back a smidge. Never any issues.
Posted By: Mr. Jeem

Re: Anyone use Tetra hearing protection or similar? - 10/22/20 09:42 PM

I use No Noise ear plugs. Better than the foam ones.
Posted By: Smokey Bear

Re: Anyone use Tetra hearing protection or similar? - 10/24/20 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Leonardo
Originally Posted by KWood_TSU

Just made my order. $299 with discount and shipping, $100 off the advertised price.

I ordered a pair yesterday. Been on the “want list” a while.
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Anyone use Tetra hearing protection or similar? - 10/25/20 08:13 PM

I use the 3M foam plugs, have for years.
They do the job quite well.

Re: Anyone use Tetra hearing protection or similar? - 10/25/20 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by reeltexan

I use the 3M foam plugs, have for years.
They do the job quite well.

And if you lose them, no big deal, grab another pair out of the jar. smile ani
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Anyone use Tetra hearing protection or similar? - 10/27/20 01:06 AM

I like the electronic muff that protect you over a certain decibel, but amplify sound otherwise. Forget who makes mine, but they were under $100.
Posted By: Grizz

Re: Anyone use Tetra hearing protection or similar? - 10/27/20 02:17 PM

I ordered a pair of the Walker's Silencer bluetooth rechargeable to try. Amazon has them marked down to $139.99.

https://www.amazon.com/Walkers-Game...ooth+r600&qid=1603807893&sr=8-1#
Posted By: LarryCopper

Re: Anyone use Tetra hearing protection or similar? - 10/27/20 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Grizz
I ordered a pair of the Walker's Silencer bluetooth rechargeable to try. Amazon has them marked down to $139.99.

https://www.amazon.com/Walkers-Game...ooth+r600&qid=1603807893&sr=8-1#

That's a good price for those. Please report back with what you think, like most things the reviews are all over the place.

I tried SureFire ear plugs, but with them "unplugged" I couldn't hear a conversation at all. Maybe it's jut me and my deaf arse, but they were no different that wearing foam plugs.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum