Texas Hunting Forum

Moving to Tioga

Posted By: DCtheRev

Moving to Tioga - 09/29/20 08:13 PM

Hey folks, I’m in the process of moving to Tioga and wanted to see if anyone here is up in that area of the world. I love to hunt and fish and hope to make some friends in the area. Any help would be great as well, we are new to the area and literally know no one or anything about the area!!
Posted By: ducknbass

Re: Moving to Tioga - 09/29/20 09:46 PM

The only thing I know about Tioga is it used to have a really good barbecue joint but it burned down. I used to stop there going to Ray Roberts to bass fish.
Posted By: 2flyfish4

Re: Moving to Tioga - 09/29/20 09:52 PM

You'll have plenty of friends if you decide to hunt Ray roberts. Yall will be sharing decoy spreads
Posted By: Guy

Re: Moving to Tioga - 09/29/20 10:03 PM

You should be able to beat barney to Buck Creek you so close!
Posted By: DCtheRev

Re: Moving to Tioga - 09/30/20 12:22 AM

I’d gladly buy the beer for a morning out on the water.
Posted By: Greg

Re: Moving to Tioga - 09/30/20 12:45 AM

Lots of good hunting and fishing around there. You have 3 different lakes to choose from within 30 min.
Posted By: BDB

Re: Moving to Tioga - 10/01/20 12:15 AM

You might see Randy Travis naked somewhere's up
Posted By: TShooter247

Re: Moving to Tioga - 10/01/20 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by ducknbass
The only thing I know about Tioga is it used to have a really good barbecue joint but it burned down. I used to stop there going to Ray Roberts to bass fish.

Clarke's Bar B Que has reopened.
Posted By: aerangis

Re: Moving to Tioga - 10/01/20 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Greg
Lots of good hunting and fishing around there. You have 3 different lakes to choose from within 30 min.

This

There's LOTS of good public hunting, including the Red River.
Posted By: toolmaker

Re: Moving to Tioga - 10/03/20 10:32 PM

I live in Tioga, about a block from Clarks. I smoke better brisket than they do and theres more to the lake than buck creek. Been hunting the lake about 15 years now, was better when they still farmed peanuts here. I hunt Ok and Ark. as well. PM me if you ever want to meet up
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Moving to Tioga - 10/07/20 08:24 PM

I'd hunt the River up on Texoma way before Ray Roberts.
Posted By: Jet1902

Re: Moving to Tioga - 10/19/20 05:00 PM

I live near and go to school in Tioga. You have Lake Ray Roberts and Lake Texoma real close and there is plenty of public land to hunt and a lot of little creeks to fish. Ray Roberts is kind of tricky because there are a lot of dead trees in some areas and they are hard to see so be careful with your boat. Good fishing and I dont know how the hunting is there because I dont hunt a lot there but there is a lot of public land like I said.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum