Texas Hunting Forum

I miss the sound of gunfire

Posted By: Buzzsaw

I miss the sound of gunfire - 09/01/20 03:09 PM

I used to be able to stand on my back porch in N. Frisco and hear the dove hunters shooting like they were across the street.

Now Little Elm to the North of me is SO built up now, they built houses where dove hunters used to enjoy hunting close to home.

suks
Posted By: mickeyhft

Re: I miss the sound of gunfire - 09/01/20 03:21 PM

Yep, I live off 380 up there, and running my bird dogs this morning around the lake I expected, hoped to hear some gunfire, but I heard 0. Yes, it suks, but this weekend, I hope to hear a bunch coming from our guns!
Posted By: angus1956

Re: I miss the sound of gunfire - 09/01/20 04:08 PM

My son was at Colt & Eldorado this morning and they scratched out a 4 man limit.
Years ago when I lived in Frisco people were freaked out with all the in town dove hunters. I loved it!
Posted By: TiggerV

Re: I miss the sound of gunfire - 09/01/20 04:38 PM

I'm down south of Dallas. I used to hear all kids of shots, even had pellets rain thru a tree in my front yard. Now where the big fields are, are houses and bulldozers for more house. Progress.....
Posted By: GNTX

Re: I miss the sound of gunfire - 09/01/20 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
I used to be able to stand on my back porch in N. Frisco and hear the dove hunters shooting like they were across the street.

Now Little Elm to the North of me is SO built up now, they built houses where dove hunters used to enjoy hunting close to home.

suks

Same. I’m down the road near the lake and once upon a time, there was next to nothing north of the 423 bridge and I’d hear the hunters on September 1st.

Now, you gotta go almost to Pottsboro to get away from the urban sprawl. Ugh.
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: I miss the sound of gunfire - 09/01/20 07:12 PM

We came through at a very good time.
Posted By: deerhunter1956

Re: I miss the sound of gunfire - 09/01/20 08:23 PM

I used to hunt behind the storage buildings just pass the bridge north of The Colony on 423 5 minutes from the house whole lot a fun back then.
Posted By: Black02z28

Re: I miss the sound of gunfire - 09/01/20 08:33 PM

Im on the east side of DFW in Forney, TX and all the places I used to hunt doves as a kid are all now houses frown
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum