Texas Hunting Forum

Recommended Sandhill Crane Outfitters

Posted By: TheReflex

Recommended Sandhill Crane Outfitters - 08/31/20 01:06 AM

New to the THF. I've been meaning to take my friends (1-2, along with myself) Sandhill Crane hunting for some time now, and think this is the year. Two of us have already purchased the necessary permits. I was wondering if anyone here could recommend some outfitters in Texas. I would also like some feedback on some outfitters I have looked at online--Tule Creek Outfitters, Final Descent Guiding, Avian Skies, Northern Skies Outfitters, Red Eye Outfitters.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Recommended Sandhill Crane Outfitters - 08/31/20 01:12 AM

welcome
Posted By: BradyBuck

Re: Recommended Sandhill Crane Outfitters - 08/31/20 01:52 AM

Final decent guide service!

You won't be disappointed

[Linked Image]
Posted By: harvey

Re: Recommended Sandhill Crane Outfitters - 08/31/20 10:07 PM

Don’t know what area you are looking for, but I did my first crane hunt with Flatline Outfitters last year, and I was pleased with the hunt. Dylan does a good job setting up, and can put em in the decoys for you. He hunts from Waller to Victoria.
Posted By: TheReflex

Re: Recommended Sandhill Crane Outfitters - 09/01/20 12:41 AM

I have a question: some of these places say they have a minimum number of hunters to a blind and the price is $200-400 per hunter. Does that mean you have to come with a group of x number of hunters, or do these places do mixed group hunts, as well? The only outfitter I know that says they do mixed group hunts is Avian Skies. I only ask because I only plan on going with 1-2 of other hunters.
Posted By: ken starling

Re: Recommended Sandhill Crane Outfitters - 09/01/20 01:09 AM

Both, they will probably put you with other hunters. If you have 3 guys they may just hunt your group . Best thing is call and speak to the guide and tell them you scenario .
Posted By: NativeTxn

Re: Recommended Sandhill Crane Outfitters - 09/04/20 02:01 PM

Did you find an outfitter yet?
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum