Texas Hunting Forum

Retay?

Posted By: SeaAggie2015

Retay? - 08/17/20 08:15 AM

Did a search on the forum to see if anyone had mentioned the Retay shotguns, and it doesn’t seem like they have.

Anybody out there have one or hands on experience with one?
I’ve held one at the gun shop, but never fired one. Also heard they have trouble cycling light loads (being inertia drive I can see that but SBE’s don’t seem to have that problem).
Do they hold up?
Posted By: Pintail711

Re: Retay? - 08/17/20 09:44 AM

I know 1 guy that has one. It points good and shoots decent. I wouldn’t buy it over a beretta or a benelli. Just a fad on the instagram really.
Posted By: KWood_TSU

Re: Retay? - 08/17/20 12:57 PM

For what I've seen on price, I'd just get a benelli. I'd rather try the new savage renegauge over a retay
Posted By: cleboje

Re: Retay? - 08/17/20 02:13 PM

SBE's have lots of problems cycling light loads...!
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Retay? - 08/17/20 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by cleboje

I somewhat agree with this statement. Mine has cycled anything and everything steel shot or for ducks. Used it once with lighter dove loads, and it caught up a few times. Didnt bother me much because I mainly use a O/U for dove anyways.
Posted By: TCM3

Re: Retay? - 08/17/20 03:21 PM

Never heard of em, I'm fat and happy with my Mossberg 88.
Posted By: TBS12

Re: Retay? - 08/17/20 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Sinkey
Originally Posted by cleboje

I somewhat agree with this statement. Mine has cycled anything and everything steel shot or for ducks. Used it once with lighter dove loads, and it caught up a few times. Didnt bother me much because I mainly use a O/U for dove anyways.

I agree. With my factory recoil spring i would have occasional stove pipes when shooting 7/8oz reloads. I just updated to a wolff spring and it's having some issues with dove loads but i haven't put a 100rds through it yet.
Posted By: SeaAggie2015

Re: Retay? - 08/17/20 10:55 PM

I much prefer my Winchester SX3, but hadn’t heard any honest reviews of the retay.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum