Texas Hunting Forum

favorite MIXED bag

Posted By: AggieSportsman2010

favorite MIXED bag - 08/11/20 05:10 PM

After reading the "Mallard Snob" thread, it got me thinking about how much I enjoy a nice mixed bag of ducks. I mostly hunt the Katy prairie/Garwood area with the occasional N. TX hunt mixed in, but I have come to realize it's highly unlikely that I'll ever get a Mallard + kicker limit. One of the cooler ones I saw on another hunting site was a pic of an all drake limit including a mallard, BWT, Wigeon, Pintail, Cinnamon teal and a Mottled duck. So my question is, what's your favorite mixed bag? Pics are welcomed!!
Posted By: takemking

Re: favorite MIXED bag - 08/11/20 05:54 PM

It’s been a few years but back when I lived in LA I hunted public land in Venice often. One day my buddy and I took our time shooting 2 limits of an all drake mixed back outside of 2 hen cans. It was pretty magical getting to pick them all out. [Linked Image]
Posted By: 2flyfish4

Re: favorite MIXED bag - 08/11/20 06:08 PM

These are all ducks I shot on solo hunts.

This was my favorite mixed bag limit last year
[Linked Image]

Second favorite
[Linked Image]

And some all mallard limits with kickers from last year.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Screen shots so no one can steal GPS data loser8
Posted By: texasdude28

Re: favorite MIXED bag - 08/11/20 09:46 PM

my favorite mixed bag would be drake mallard, pintail, wigeon, can, gadwall, and woodie. You could take a calendar photo with that bag.
Posted By: BradyBuck

Re: favorite MIXED bag - 08/12/20 12:58 AM

I shoot a lot of gaddie, wigeon mixed bags

Throw in a pin, mallard and a can and I'd call that pretty much perfect!

Posted By: PoppinPiggies

Re: favorite MIXED bag - 08/12/20 01:36 PM

Mixed Bags are the best! Hard to say what my favorite would be the fun part about them is you never know what they'll be made up of!
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: favorite MIXED bag - 08/13/20 03:40 PM

Ducks and redfish.
Posted By: tophorsecop

Re: favorite MIXED bag - 08/16/20 03:15 AM

Airboat hunt down on the coast, he had to bail out the "boxes", that we stood/sat in...it was a magical day...my son had won the hunt at the DU Dinner in San Marcos...3 plus the guide...with all the shooting we ended up posing a mixed bag string of drakes: Goldeneye, Redhead, Bluebill, Widgeon, Pintail and Mottled Duck(Double banded Drake)...really cool to hear the lone Mott drake and his "Greeeep, Greeep" call as he circled and finally committed...black lab Raelette, wearing earmuffs made a funny picture too..."Mutt muffs" I think they are called
Posted By: kmon11

Re: favorite MIXED bag - 08/16/20 03:28 AM

Coolest to me mixed bag in peanut fields near Rule, TX

Canada geese
Snow geese
Speckled belly geese
Pintail
Mallard
green wing teal
extra bonus Sand Hill Crane

That was quite morning.

On a different hunt mallard drakes, Wood duck Drake and Black duck Drake. Point system days a hunt lasted less than 30 minutes on public land in MS
Posted By: BradyBuck

Re: favorite MIXED bag - 08/16/20 05:16 AM

A mixed bag i didn't think about but now have on my mind happens every September.

Opening day of teal season!

Limit of BWs and dove on the same day.
Posted By: txlenchs

Re: favorite MIXED bag - 08/19/20 04:59 PM

[ [Linked Image]

Posted By: LarryCopper

Re: favorite MIXED bag - 08/19/20 06:08 PM

IMO the perfect mixed bag has some sprigs and just as importantly zero tank turds.
Posted By: nocknload

Re: favorite MIXED bag - 08/19/20 06:58 PM

beautiful birds

Re: favorite MIXED bag - 08/19/20 11:46 PM

This mixed bag from last year was the best because it was the first time this 12 year old went hunting and she should be hooked for life.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: RiverRunner

Re: favorite MIXED bag - 08/20/20 05:09 PM

Hard for me to decide which is my favorite mixed bag: ducks and geese, mixed bag of ducks, ducks/geese/cranes...

This is still one my most memorable hunts: 2 limits of mixed bag ducks, nearly 2 limits of Canada geese and Cranes

[Linked Image]

This was also one of my favorites:

[Linked Image]

Or maybe this opening day mixed bag:

[Linked Image]

But, I love some wigeon!

[Linked Image]

Re: favorite MIXED bag - 08/20/20 05:18 PM

Another good mixed bag:

[Linked Image]

Last year, had been chasing this buck all season, but we wanted to duck hunt as well. So, we set up and shot our ducks, then I quietly made my way into the deer blind about 8am to see if this deer would come in later in the morning. It all worked out as he came out about 30 minutes after I sat down. Ducks and Bucks!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: favorite MIXED bag - 08/20/20 05:26 PM

up

Re: favorite MIXED bag - 08/20/20 09:32 PM

Now that's a great mixed bag!
Posted By: Aggieduck

Re: favorite MIXED bag - 08/21/20 03:13 AM

hers a few mixed bags from a favorite spot of mine a few years ago, its not a good hole anymore

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Aggieduck

Re: favorite MIXED bag - 08/21/20 03:15 AM

my actual favorite mixed bag though

[Linked Image]

Re: favorite MIXED bag - 08/21/20 01:19 PM

Aggieduck, really like that quail/pheasant mixed bag. Been about 15yrs since I have hunted quail very much. Miss watching the dogs work and the heart skipping a beat on a covey rise!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum