North texas doves

Posted By: throckmorton_hunter

North texas doves - 06/15/20 03:16 AM

Have a place north of Denton ,
Not seeing many doves
What are you seeing ??
Posted By: cleboje

Re: North texas doves - 06/15/20 11:46 AM

Many, many, many dove east of San Antoneā€¦.mainly white wing, but some morning dove too...looks to be a good season in south Texas!
Posted By: StetsonMinerals

Re: North texas doves - 06/17/20 02:18 PM

Hello All, we are new to this forum and I've posted in other threads but we purchased a lake house on Possum Kingdom and looking to shoot dove for a day this fall in that area. Any suggestions? Many thanks
Posted By: rickym

Re: North texas doves - 06/17/20 02:25 PM

Go hunt with stompy
Posted By: Dalroo

Re: North texas doves - 06/17/20 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by StetsonMinerals
Hello All, we are new to this forum and I've posted in other threads but we purchased a lake house on Possum Kingdom and looking to shoot dove for a day this fall in that area. Any suggestions? Many thanks

I haven't looked over that way in several years, but a couple of years ago there were lots of day hunt opportunities available. We also hunted once through Wildcatter, but no idea if they still provide day hunts. In our county, the Chamber of Commerce has a web page listing outfitters and available properties. Maybe google around ...
Posted By: cleboje

Re: North texas doves - 06/17/20 04:30 PM

StetsonMiner

Your best bet is to do some google searches for dove outfitters in your local area...there should be some that have property leased or owned near the lake.

Also check out the TPWD Annual Public Hunting Permit...cost is $42 and shows all of the state leased property that you can access for hunting opportunity...and of course, scouting goes a long way to determine which of these areas are productive.

Best of luck,
Joe
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: North texas doves - 06/20/20 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by rickym
Go hunt with stompy

up
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: North texas doves - 06/21/20 02:41 AM

Went for a drive late this afternoon. Lots of birds, but we saw almost none flying, one mesquite looked like it had 20 birds in it. Most of this was because we had over an inch of rain last night.
Posted By: Stompy

Re: North texas doves - 06/21/20 04:48 PM

Whitewings showed up here a few days ago, hopefully they stick around.
Also, BIG THANKS for the recommendation guys, it means a lot.
Posted By: texasag93

Re: North texas doves - 06/28/20 10:14 PM

I live in Denton and I am seeing so many dove it is crazy!

Opening day, they will all be gone.
Posted By: nak

Re: North texas doves - 06/28/20 10:51 PM

I drove from Ft Worth to Gonzales for a wedding yesterday. I saw soooooo many great fields of sunflowers. Local Whitewings were flying like crazy at dusk a few miles outside of Gonzales. We were joking it season was open, we could sit at the edge of the tent being used for the reception, with a margarita, and limit out.
Posted By: sig226fan (Rguns.com)

Re: North texas doves - 06/28/20 11:46 PM

Looking really really good early up here! Both Grayson and Fannin are as good as I have seen them in several years....
Posted By: ndhunter

Re: North texas doves - 07/09/20 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by throckmorton_hunter
Have a place north of Denton ,
Not seeing many doves
What are you seeing ??

Might be better off in Throckmorton than Denton
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum