Texas Hunting Forum

Northeast duckin

Posted By: 2flyfish4

Northeast duckin - 06/01/20 02:59 PM

Kinda day dreaming about making a trip to the northeast to do some sea duck, brant and black duck hunting. Due to covid it probably wont be this season but hopefully for 2021/22. I am thinking Maine.

Anyone here do this trip? And recommendations for guides/outfitters? Any tips or other recommendations?

Thanks
Posted By: KWood_TSU

Re: Northeast duckin - 06/01/20 03:02 PM

Check out hp outdoors podcast group on Facebook. Most of those guys are on the Atlantic flyway.
Posted By: Eastxhuntr

Re: Northeast duckin - 06/01/20 03:51 PM

Following - my chick is from Massachusetts I told her I’d go with her to visit fam if I could go sea duck hunting one morning LOL
Posted By: ducknbass

Re: Northeast duckin - 06/01/20 04:57 PM

I thought this was going to be about north east Texas.
Posted By: Eastxhuntr

Re: Northeast duckin - 06/02/20 12:14 AM

^sorry cousin only boot lips in that part of the state
Posted By: Fishstory

Re: Northeast duckin - 06/03/20 05:52 PM

I hunted Maine the first weekend of January this year and it was an absolute blast, I will definitely be going back. We hunted with Troy Fields and I couldn't say enough good things about him and his dog. They both worked their butts off for us and put us on ducks every day.

As far as other tips goes, its unlikely you are going to have a day where you are shooting wall hangers of several different species at the same time as these ducks are hanging out in different areas or habitats. You would need to decide which birds you want to target and in which order and figure you'll need a morning of hunting for each one.

Bring a box of steel shot #7 or #8 for cutting cripples, those are really tough birds and those shells work way better and are a lot cheaper than trying to cut them with bismuth.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum