Texas Hunting Forum

Crane Hunt lic

Posted By: Hopedale

Crane Hunt lic - 12/13/19 02:09 PM

i know its free from TPWD or $5 bucks from there web site, but is it included in the Super Combo?

popcorn
Posted By: kman2017

Re: Crane Hunt lic - 12/13/19 02:36 PM

No
Posted By: garrett

Re: Crane Hunt lic - 12/13/19 03:06 PM

not included, its used as a money grab from the state. You think its included because its free so you shoot a crane, then mr green jeans pops out and says BOO.
Posted By: Whack n stack

Re: Crane Hunt lic - 12/13/19 03:14 PM

nope, should be in my opinion.

Re: Crane Hunt lic - 12/13/19 03:19 PM

just like co-mingling is a money grab, that needs to go away also
Posted By: KWood_TSU

Re: Crane Hunt lic - 12/13/19 04:17 PM

That does raise a good question, if it's free, why do you even need the stamp? Are they trying to keep count of hunters who shoot sandhills? There's gotta be a reason to this madness right

Re: Crane Hunt lic - 12/13/19 05:34 PM

they dont ask for harvest information...everyone wants to say TPWD is all about conservation, but its about fund raising
Posted By: Schat

Re: Crane Hunt lic - 12/13/19 06:49 PM

The feds permit is free for sandhill cranes, they charge for the duck stamp, Never understood why state charges a waterfowl stamp, the work on migratory species is funded by fed down to state. So the state does little free migratory bird work. Banding is funded by the feds( state gets it money back on doves) most of the banding in Texas is refuge linked for waterfowl , Large portion of non-fed banding is college resources in the spring. Surveys are done by feds thru the mail. They are even reducing the efforts for surveys for some specie( cranes in 2019). there is very little work on habitat for dove, snipe, woodcock, rail, gallinule. A small portion of land is state water fowl geared, and cranes is almost all private. There is no playa's being purchased for public waterfowl hunting. The playa's are by drawing.

one is left to wonder???

Texas Migratory Game Bird Endorsement$7 (Item 168)Required to hunt any migratory game bird (waterfowl, coot, rail, gallinule, snipe, dove, sandhill crane, and woodcock). A valid Federal Duck Stamp and HIP Certification are also required of waterfowl hunters 16 years of age or older. A free Federal Sandhill Crane Hunting Permit is required to hunt sandhill cranes. The Sandhill Crane permit is available at TPWD Law Enforcement offices, online, or by calling (800) 792-1112 #4820#.
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Crane Hunt lic - 12/14/19 05:45 AM

No, learned that last year. I think you can ask for the endorsement when you purchase your super combo though but I may be wrong.
Posted By: KWood_TSU

Re: Crane Hunt lic - 12/14/19 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by 2Beez
No, learned that last year. I think you can ask for the endorsement when you purchase your super combo though but I may be wrong.

I buy my license online, it's just a box you check
Posted By: Hailyeah

Re: Crane Hunt lic - 12/14/19 12:24 PM

I have been getting a crane permit every year since the mid 80s. Occasionaly you will get a harvest survey. I don't remeber how many I have received, but probably 5 or 6 over the years.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum