Texas Hunting Forum

Neat hunting gadgets?

Posted By: KWood_TSU

Neat hunting gadgets? - 12/12/19 03:16 PM

I got one of these last year and unfortunately have had to use it a few times this season, It's a great tool, that I hopefully can quit using over the ammo switch to Boss. Anyways, it works great, i put it on a retractable lanyard on my call lanyard and it's always handy.

https://adrenal-line.com/collections/finisher?page=2

What's something you really like personally, or relatively inexpensive that you can give to your hunting buddy as a gift.
Posted By: noname124398

Re: Neat hunting gadgets? - 12/12/19 05:33 PM

https://www.zippo.com/collections/h...of-6-hour-green-rechargeable-hand-warmer

Rechargable hand warmer. Also works as a portable phone charger.

https://www.zippo.com/collections/hand-warmers/products/12hour-high-polish-chrome-hand-warmer

Or this one runs off lighter fluid if you dont want to mess with recharging.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Neat hunting gadgets? - 12/12/19 05:57 PM

One of these. https://www.amazon.com/BoneView-Han...and+warmer&qid=1576173284&sr=8-4
Posted By: nak

Re: Neat hunting gadgets? - 12/12/19 06:08 PM

I want to see him use that "Finisher" on a Sandhill Crane with nothing but a busted wing.

popcorn
Posted By: BradyBuck

Re: Neat hunting gadgets? - 12/12/19 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by nak
I want to see him use that "Finisher" on a Sandhill Crane with nothing but a busted wing.

popcorn

That would be a sight

I saw a guy go full karate kid on one.

They for sure make you think twice before just going in and grabbing them when they are just crippled

Re: Neat hunting gadgets? - 12/12/19 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by nak

popcorn

Hahaha, A crane would get another shot.
Posted By: ducknbass

Re: Neat hunting gadgets? - 12/12/19 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by BradyBuck
Originally Posted by nak

popcorn

That would be a sight

I saw a guy go full karate kid on one.

They for sure make you think twice before just going in and grabbing them when they are just crippled

Yes I kicked ones head like a soccer ball one time. It seems to do the job.

Re: Neat hunting gadgets? - 12/12/19 07:02 PM

Another neat gadget, but not cheap is a shotkam. This thing automatically slows down videos to 1/3 speed, so it matches what the eyes see when hunting. It was mainly made for clay shooting and to help people with their misses. but it's crossed over to duck hunting. As of right now, I can definitely recommend it.

Posted By: goosebuster

Re: Neat hunting gadgets? - 12/12/19 07:15 PM

throw a towel over the head of the crane and use a hammer. works every time.

Re: Neat hunting gadgets? - 12/12/19 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by goosebuster

Carry a Taurus judge loaded with .410, I bet that'd work at close range!
Posted By: TxBuddha

Re: Neat hunting gadgets? - 12/13/19 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by nak

popcorn

The crane might take it away and use it on him or use the one they already have on their head!
Posted By: Old Rabbit

Re: Neat hunting gadgets? - 12/13/19 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by KWood_TSU

Not sure they make non-toxic shot for a .410.

Re: Neat hunting gadgets? - 12/13/19 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Old Rabbit

Not sure they make non-toxic shot for a .410.

Boss makes their bismuth in .410.
Posted By: ducknbass

Re: Neat hunting gadgets? - 12/13/19 08:23 PM

You don't have to use non toxic for cranes.
But yes lots of non toxic options for 410
Posted By: Pintail711

Re: Neat hunting gadgets? - 12/13/19 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by ducknbass
You don't have to use non toxic for cranes.
But yes lots of non toxic options for 410

Yep. High brass lead will fold them up.
Posted By: BGHB

Re: Neat hunting gadgets? - 12/17/19 06:27 PM

I got one of these last year and unfortunately have had to use it a few times this season, It's a great tool, that I hopefully can quit using over the ammo switch to Boss. Anyways, it works great, i put it on a retractable lanyard on my call lanyard and it's always handy.

https://adrenal-line.com/collections/finisher?page=2

What's something you really like personally, or relatively inexpensive that you can give to your hunting buddy as a gift.

I bought an Adrenal Line Finisher for one of my friends a couple years ago and he really liked it.
Here are a couple of other cool ideas:
https://thebiggamehuntingblog.com/gifts-for-hunters/
The book "If You Didn't Bring Jerky, What Did I Just Eat?" has been a big hit among my friends in recent years.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Neat hunting gadgets? - 12/29/19 05:39 PM

Not a gadget, but I replaced my blind bag with a blind backpack. I haven’t used it, but I can tell I’m going to like it better than my old bag. Hard shell bottom that keeps it standing upright on the ground and also doubles as a storage compartment. It has a shotgun holder, padded straps with integrated game straps, choke and shell holders inside, sunglasses case and the compartments are designed to keep things organized. But, since I hike in, it will help keep things from sliding off my shoulders as I walk, which was my biggest complaint with my old bag and trying to carry a chair, shotgun, blind bag and decoy bag with shoulder straps and having them compete for which can slid off my shoulder the fastest.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Neat hunting gadgets? - 12/29/19 07:01 PM

I like that bag, got a link?
Did you buy online or in a store somewhere?

Re: Neat hunting gadgets? - 12/29/19 08:55 PM

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07LCGP4M5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Found it on Amazon.
Posted By: Reloder28

Re: Neat hunting gadgets? - 12/30/19 04:01 AM

I got one of these last year and unfortunately have had to use it a few times this season, It's a great tool....

Been watching Phil Robertson putting the bite on ‘em to finish them off. Whatever happened to simply wringing their neck?
Posted By: Reloder28

Re: Neat hunting gadgets? - 12/30/19 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07LCGP4M5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Found it on Amazon.

Really like the idea. But, that bag looks a bit large to me. Is it?

Re: Neat hunting gadgets? - 12/30/19 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by Reloder28

Found it on Amazon.

It’s large but I don’t plan on filling it up. Everything from my old blind bag fits in this one with a lot of space left over. I could easily stuff a mojo in this, or an extra jacket or base layer.

It’s very comfortable with the padded straps, waist strap and chest strap. That’s why I bought it. There are smaller ones available. If it was a normal blind bag, I’d be worried about the size. Since it’s a backpack, I’m less so, and this is exactly what I was looking for, is well made and sturdy, and comfortable.
Posted By: LarryCopper

Re: Neat hunting gadgets? - 12/30/19 04:19 PM

I got one of these last year and unfortunately have had to use it a few times this season, It's a great tool....

Been watching Phil Robertson putting the bite on ‘em to finish them off. Whatever happened to simply wringing their neck?

I presume these gadgets are for preserving a bird you want on the wall.

I hunted with a coon arse last week that used one of the primary flight feathers to the back of the head to finish off a bald pate. I like simplicity.
Posted By: 68A

Re: Neat hunting gadgets? - 12/30/19 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by LarryCopper

I presume these gadgets are for preserving a bird you want on the wall.

I hunted with a coon arse last week that used one of the primary flight feathers to the back of the head to finish off a bald pate. I like simplicity.

That’s how I was taught and what I do, feather in the base of the skull. I’ve used the bite a time or two, not a fan.
Posted By: yakinthebox

Re: Neat hunting gadgets? - 01/01/20 07:12 PM

I got me this decoy system this season! Makes amazing motion in the water and frees up your hand in the blind eliminating all the motion from the blind with a jerk rig. It is pricey but it really is awesome!!!

https://soabhunting.com/

Re: Neat hunting gadgets? - 01/14/20 03:43 AM

Found it on Amazon.

It’s large but I don’t plan on filling it up. Everything from my old blind bag fits in this one with a lot of space left over. I could easily stuff a mojo in this, or an extra jacket or base layer.

It’s very comfortable with the padded straps, waist strap and chest strap. That’s why I bought it. There are smaller ones available. If it was a normal blind bag, I’d be worried about the size. Since it’s a backpack, I’m less so, and this is exactly what I was looking for, is well made and sturdy, and comfortable.

You got an update on this pack?

Is the outside waterproof in anyway?

Re: Neat hunting gadgets? - 01/14/20 02:15 PM

I love it. Everything is laid out and organized better. It’s way more comfortable. I can carry more gear more efficiently and comfortably than I could with my traditional blind bag. I can carry extra layers, or take off and store layers if it gets hot. It’s not that much bigger than my old blind bag, either. Yes, it’s as waterproof as my Drake blind bag I replaced.

10/10 recommend.
Posted By: nacgoat08

Re: Neat hunting gadgets? - 01/14/20 02:56 PM

I bought one of these MOJO pick sticks going into this year. The collapsible model folds up less than a foot long and fits into my blind bag nicely. Makes clean up a breeze, of course if you're into that .... Pretty nifty for less than $20, and real handy in dove season.

https://www.amazon.com/Outdoors-Stick-Portable-Shotgun-Retriever/dp/B07YNMMVB3

Re: Neat hunting gadgets? - 02/06/20 10:49 PM

So I looked at packs and replaced my bag with the aves hybrid pack. I really like this pack. Right now they have 25% off too. Highly recommend.
It'll stand up on its own, or lay flat like a traditional blind bag. Comes with a strap that you hang around a tree, and that strap has 4 hooks on it itself.
Also has a gun scabbard.
Works great for my cousin and i, I carry all of our gear, he carries all the decoys and his gun. Makes walking in much more manageable.

Probably going to add the rig em right refuge runner to our inventory next year. Should make carrying in the decoys even easier.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 2flyfish4

Re: Neat hunting gadgets? - 02/06/20 11:00 PM

ive got a rig em right refuge runner decoy bag and really like it.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum