Texas Hunting Forum

Waited Out The Storms and

Posted By: tdogg

Waited Out The Storms and - 11/25/19 07:44 PM

was rewarded. I had some extra PTO last week so I talked Guy into taking me out hunting Friday. Due to the weather we decided to do an afternoon hunt. We let the storms pass through, and took our time to set everything up. Made sure to stop for tacos and coffee of course. Not long after throwing out the spread we had birds working us. I managed to get a few good shots of the hunt. Tara is currently out of commission, so Guy was the main retreiver. [Linked Image]
He did a pretty good job, didn't even lose a duck. However, Tara is a lot faster and listens a lot better.
[Linked Image]
It ended up being a pretty successful hunt, as we were taking this final picture, we had a wood duck land in the decoys. [Linked Image]
Wood duck might be my favorite eating duck, so I took my gun back out of the case and smacked her.
[Linked Image]
As you could tell I was pretty happy about it. Another excellent day for the books
Posted By: Guy

Re: Waited Out The Storms and - 11/25/19 09:07 PM

Another legendary hunt in the books. up
Posted By: bobcat1

Re: Waited Out The Storms and - 11/25/19 09:35 PM

up up Looks like fun all but the being wet.
Posted By: ndhunter

Re: Waited Out The Storms and - 11/25/19 09:37 PM

Nice mixed bag there! Like how the boat was hidden in the grass. Been a long time since I did a PM hunt.
Posted By: huck18

Re: Waited Out The Storms and - 11/25/19 09:39 PM

Nice hunt!!!!

Re: Waited Out The Storms and - 11/25/19 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by bobcat1
up up Looks like fun all but the being wet.

We actually stayed pretty dry. Except when Guy dropped a Mojo in the lake and went fishing for it.

Originally Posted by ndhunter
Nice mixed bag there! Like how the boat was hidden in the grass. Been a long time since I did a PM hunt.

When you stepped into the decoys and turned around, the boat completely dissapeared. I love being lazy and hunting by the boat when you have the cover. Don't sleep on the afternoon hunts, they can be really good especially when the lakes start freezing up. Not to mention waking up 4 hours later is always nice.

Originally Posted by huck18
Nice hunt!!!!

Thank you!
Posted By: rickym

Re: Waited Out The Storms and - 11/25/19 10:42 PM

Would love to do a hunt like that!
Looks like you fellas had a good time.
I’m bout sick of shooting 3 woodies in 10 minutes and sitting there for 2 more hours to see nothing but woodies going back and forth down a creek.
Posted By: NeKro

Re: Waited Out The Storms and - 11/26/19 06:58 AM

awesome!
Posted By: Guy

Re: Waited Out The Storms and - 11/26/19 02:37 PM

This hunt was all tdogg, we took my rig to kell'm, but he scouted it all out before hand. First time I have done an all day hunt, we had birds flying all day with the front blowing thru on Friday. I camped and hunted the next morning saturday, set up in great spot, all the birds were gone. Shot one pintail..Birds must have moved on.

Here's bonus pic, 2010, another legendary hunt, me, tdogg, and my son Ryan, gdogg taking pic.

[Linked Image]

Re: Waited Out The Storms and - 12/02/19 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Guy
This hunt was all tdogg, we took my rig to kell'm, but he scouted it all out before hand. First time I have done an all day hunt, we had birds flying all day with the front blowing thru on Friday. I camped and hunted the next morning saturday, set up in great spot, all the birds were gone. Shot one pintail..Birds must have moved on.

Here's bonus pic, 2010, another legendary hunt, me, tdogg, and my son Ryan, gdogg taking pic.

[Linked Image]

One of my favorite pictures of all time, and maybe the most action packed hunting trip I've ever been on. Can't believe it's already been 10 years.
Posted By: Team Fat Sack

Re: Waited Out The Storms and - 12/03/19 02:15 PM

Nice strap!

up
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum