Texas Hunting Forum

Getting older

Posted By: sallysue

Getting older - 11/24/19 08:40 PM

As we get older and our eyes aren't that good I am having trouble seeing what kind of duck I shooting at
I think it would be nice to just shoot 6 ducks and be done what ever they are
Posted By: KWood_TSU

Re: Getting older - 11/24/19 09:56 PM

In all honesty, if you've been doing it long enough, you should know what most birds are by the way they fly.
Posted By: NeKro

Re: Getting older - 11/25/19 01:03 AM

lasik.
Posted By: Smokey Bear

Re: Getting older - 11/25/19 01:22 AM

eek2
Posted By: tophorsecop

Re: Getting older - 11/25/19 01:25 AM

Or take a sharp eyed youngster and get them interested...
Posted By: claypool

Re: Getting older - 11/25/19 03:21 AM

Luckily, at 56 I haven’t reached that point yet. I do however have trouble seeing them in the distance now.
Posted By: bobcat1

Re: Getting older - 11/25/19 03:33 AM

Lasix helped me. Crystal clear far vision but I have to use readers up close now.
Posted By: Hopedale

Re: Getting older - 11/25/19 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by sallysue
As we get older and our eyes aren't that good I am having trouble seeing what kind of duck I shooting at
I think it would be nice to just shoot 6 ducks and be done what ever they are

When have you had your eyes checked?

In all seriousness, you may have cataract, which they can fully repair. My Uncle got his taken care of and he was blown away at the difference. Not only could he see again, he no longer needed glasses to include reading glasses.
Posted By: sallysue

Re: Getting older - 11/25/19 08:04 PM

It would just more simple shoot 6 and your done My eyes aint that bad But I have seen people shoot a 3rd red head than they dump it
Posted By: rickym

Re: Getting older - 11/25/19 10:45 PM

I would love it to turn into, “be aware and try to only shoot so many” but without laws people won’t abide. Many still don’t even with laws. Hell I could shoot 6 instead of 3 woodies and still be done in 20 minutes almost every saturday.

Personally I’d like to see them close it down for 2-3 weeks between splits, get an accurate count and open up some and close down other species of duck depending on number of each that make it down south.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum