There are no ducks in Central Texas

Posted By: Nathan Nelson

There are no ducks in Central Texas - 11/17/19 03:51 AM

That is all...
Posted By: Hopedale

Re: There are no ducks in Central Texas - 11/17/19 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by Nathan Nelson
That is all...

I agree, but dam, the coots love it here.

Anyone know how to cook coot?
Posted By: texasdude28

Re: There are no ducks in Central Texas - 11/17/19 02:38 PM

Not seeing any in Hamilton county
Posted By: wacoducks

Re: There are no ducks in Central Texas - 11/17/19 05:23 PM

Surprisingly we have a large amount of birds for early season, definitely diminishing with this warm spell though, tons early week to only killing 4 this morning
Posted By: samsamthemex

Re: There are no ducks in Central Texas - 11/17/19 07:25 PM

Hasn’t been much in north Texas either. Hunting outside Wichita Falls.
Posted By: Jiggamitch

Re: There are no ducks in Central Texas - 11/17/19 09:36 PM

Haven't seen many in Grayson county.
Posted By: shalor

Re: There are no ducks in Central Texas - 11/18/19 02:04 PM

[Linked Image]
3 generations Killed 11 in Hamilton County Sunday on stock pond. But I agree there’s not very many. Just a few isolated pockets. Water is definitely limited.
Posted By: Boudreaux

Re: There are no ducks in Central Texas - 11/18/19 07:26 PM

Been real slow around me too.
Posted By: Delta Duckman

Re: There are no ducks in Central Texas - 11/18/19 08:31 PM

Date Hunted 11/16/2019:

No ducks in SE Louisiana either.

Very few ducks in the sky again. We have had cold weather and we have the food, no ducks. We had two chances today at ducks. Eight teal came in and we shot five. About 10 Dosgris passed over the back of and we did not have a good shot so we were hoping they would come back but didn't. That is it.

Highlight of the day was the 150 pouledeau pack that slowly came to us behind the blind. The were bunched up tight and we put nine shots into them. Ground rake. Picked up a bunch and shot some more to get the pouledeau limit of 45. Get the crock pot ready for the stews.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Hopedale

Re: There are no ducks in Central Texas - 11/18/19 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by Delta Duckman
Date Hunted 11/16/2019:

No ducks in SE Louisiana either.

Very few ducks in the sky again. We have had cold weather and we have the food, no ducks. We had two chances today at ducks. Eight teal came in and we shot five. About 10 Dosgris passed over the back of and we did not have a good shot so we were hoping they would come back but didn't. That is it.

Highlight of the day was the 150 pouledeau pack that slowly came to us behind the blind. The were bunched up tight and we put nine shots into them. Ground rake. Picked up a bunch and shot some more to get the pouledeau limit of 45. Get the crock pot ready for the stews.
[Linked Image]

How do you cook them?

I'm covered up.
Posted By: Delta Duckman

Re: There are no ducks in Central Texas - 11/18/19 10:39 PM

Skin them and gut them to keep the whole body. Put them in a crock pot slow cook for 6 hours with carrots, potatoes and regular spices and your regular ingredients for a good stew over rice. You won't be disappointed.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: There are no ducks in Central Texas - 11/19/19 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by shalor
[Linked Image]
3 generations Killed 11 in Hamilton County Sunday on stock pond. But I agree there’s not very many. Just a few isolated pockets. Water is definitely limited.

Good picture.
Posted By: Greekangler

Re: There are no ducks in Central Texas - 11/24/19 05:27 PM

I beg to differ
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum